Best Provider/Plan for calling AU

Nemises

Am looking for assistance as to who is the best TH mobile phone service provider (& name of their plan & current rate) for making the cheapest overseas telephone calls from TH to Australia. My phone calls are to AU businesses such as some banks that do NOT accept Skype calls and any other web based phone calls. Sorry if this has been asked before. Thanks in advance for any help.

I never had problem using Skype to call any phone number mobile pr landline. Suggest buy worldwide subscription. You can call unlimited to all numbers except 1800 or 13 which require extra Skype credit. This not usually problem just look banks site for a standard number.

Below is a pic of Westpac’s phone number to call if you wish to temporarily increase your daily transfer limit to above $10K. Please try calling this number with your Skype worldwide subscription and advise if you can get through...or if you get a message saying “Westpac doesn’t accept calls from the type of service you’re using to perform this particular function”.

Thanks in advance for checking.

IMG_4133.PNG.194b5226cc3f9956b629afbd0964ac0a.PNG&key=ad277d8cff929c60101f131f5a23aa76465591753c573b7f08e9e4856fb0ac82

I purchased a sim through True and top up online when I need more credit, the calls to Australia are cheap, very cheap.

Just dial 0066 then 1 then the mobile number after that, don't forget to drop the starting 0 on the mobile.

If your calling a landline, it's 0066 then 12 then the number and away you go.

Can't believe Westpac are so tight that they do not provide you with a direct number from overseas for whatever reason you want to call them. I am with ING and have a direct 1800 number to call them, they pay for the call.

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I purchased a sim through True and top up online when I need more credit, the calls to Australia are cheap, very cheap.

Just dial 0066 then 1 then the mobile number after that, don't forget to drop the starting 0 on the mobile.

If your calling a landline, it's 0066 then 12 then the number and away you go.

Can't believe Westpac are so tight that they do not provide you with a direct number from overseas for whatever reason you want to call them. I am with ING and have a direct 1800 number to call them, they pay for the call.

Correction, the 1 then 2 is for Sydney, 3 for Melbourne and so on and so forth.

Thanks 4M.E. [emoji120]
FYI Westpac do provide a direct number when calling overseas and Skype works fine for other Westpac banking requests, but (maybe for extra security) they won’t let you increase your daily transfer limit to above $10K unless they can see the phone number you’re calling from.
If your caller ID is turned off or if using Skype or similar, your call is rejected with a recorded message explaining why.
24 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Thanks 4M.E. emoji120.png
FYI Westpac do provide a direct number when calling overseas and Skype works fine for other Westpac banking requests, but (maybe for extra security) they won’t let you increase your daily transfer limit to above $10K unless they can see the phone number you’re calling from.
If your caller ID is turned off or if using Skype or similar, your call is rejected with a recorded message explaining why.

I am a little behind the times with Skype and the rest, although when I do ring ING on the FREE overseas 1800 number, they ask me a few security questions and will allow me to increase my limit to $250k "ForMyEgo" for 24 hours then it will revert to my usual $20k limit until the next time I call ????

On 2/22/2019 at 1:00 PM, Nemises said:

Thanks 4M.E. emoji120.png

So, assuming Australian numbers are available, buy a Skype telephone number as well and set to show that number when you make a call. Looks like a standard call from a standard Australian phone.

Being from the UK, I have a (Skype) UK number which is shown with every call I make using Skype. 

https://www.skype.com/en/features/online-number/

You can select a number from any one of 19 different countries.

Archived