What is the best visa for me?

1. I am 20 years old
  2. Can’t apply to universities’ bachelor program because I don’t have a high school graduation certificate
  3. not interested in getting a job so working visa isn’t important 
  4. can’t apply for an O-visa cuz I don’t have relatives here 

I am am so desperate, border runs are sooo expensive!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are Udon Thani you can just travel to the bridge in Nong Khai and cross over to Vientiane and apply for single entry tourist visa at the Thai embassy consular section there.

Is Vientiane dangerous?? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

Is Vientiane dangerous?? 

What the heck? Dangerous for what?...NOT dangerous. You can obtain setv. You can extend that. Depending on history you can do some visa exempt entries at borders.  2 per year at borders. 

You might manage a year in thailand. Consider spending some time Saigon. Lot of kids in district 1. Depending on passport you may be visa exempt to Vietnam

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, glegolo said:

agree and spot on,a restless young 20 year old need to create a future before starts to dream impossible dreams of living in Thailand. I hope we are not talking about just horny stuff here as reason to come to Thailand??

glegolo

It is usually MALES who come to Thailand talking about 'horny stuff'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Yes agree, but wht is a female doing in Thailand besides that? Looking for a local thai husband that can take care of her, or what?? 555555555555555555

glegolo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

How do you plan on maintaining yourself here? Do you have a trust fund to draw upon?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

My parents aren’t poor, well they can give me some $$$ to rent an ok apartment 

I think @ubonjoe has given you suitable advice. You can stay in Thailand for a while using a combination of

• 60-day stays on tourist visas from the Thai consulate in Vientiane;
  • two (maximum) 30-day visa exempt entries per year by land; and
  • extending each entry of 60 or 30 days by a further 30 days at an immigration office in Thailand on payment of 1,900 baht.

Note that you cannot do this indefinitely. As Joe intimated, you can probably stay easily for up to a year, but it will be difficult to stay longer than that without some other approach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glegolo said:

agree and spot on,a restless young 20 year old need to create a future before starts to dream impossible dreams of living in Thailand. I hope we are not talking about just horny stuff here as reason to come to Thailand??

glegolo

Or she could just get married to someone who has 'created a future'.

As for VISA advice,

I'd get a tourist VISA in Suvannakhet or Vientienne, stay a month in Laos while getting the VISA, then a month in Siam Reap, Cambodia. Just shuttle around those 2/3 countries.

Just to point out Siam Reap is full of young single/groups western lady backpackers in their 20s.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

My parents aren’t poor, well they can give me some $$$ to rent an ok apartment 

Don't listen to all the sad folk. Your young and if your able to support yourself here (with help) then go for it. Back to your OP...fact is for people under 50 and even more so for young travelers, they (immigration) will look at you harder. As I mentioned in my first post, living here ongoing is possible only for certain amount of time. However its possible for perhaps year up. Depends on few things. One important one is how long out of Thailand. Perhaps consider mixing your time up in Asia. I live bkk but I travel a LOT to Vietnam.

What is your passport? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Or she could just get married to someone who has 'created a future'.

As for VISA advice,

I'd get a tourist VISA in Suvannakht or Vientienne, stay a month in Laos while getting the VISA, then a month in Siam Reap, Cambodia. Just shuttle around those 2/3 countries.

A month! Can’t I just stay in Vientiane for 1 day?

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't listen to all the sad folk. Your young and if your able to support yourself here (with help) then go for it. Back to your OP...fact is for people under 50 and even more so for young travelers, they (immigration) will look at you harder. As I mentioned in my first post, living here ongoing is possible only for certain amount of time. However its possible for perhaps year up. Depends on few things. One important one is how long out of Thailand. Perhaps consider mixing your time up in Asia. I live bkk but I travel a LOT to Vietnam.

What is your passport? 

Taiwan (I know this is weird) 

Certain amount of time?? 

1 minute ago, Lemonlime said:

A month! Can’t I just stay in Vientiane for 1 day?

Your missing the point. In your op you mentioned not wishing to do border runs. You cannot obtain a visa in Thailand and also visa exempt also requires you to exit and reenter los. Immigration will look harder and harder as you try and live almost continuously in Thailand. Some members above have given good advice. One was to spend some time Cambodia. Mine was Vietnam. Some countries are visa exempt to Vietnam. That's why asked your passport. 

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your missing the point. In your op you mentioned not wishing to do border runs. You cannot obtain a visa in Thailand and also visa exempt also requires you to exit and reenter los. Immigration will look harder and harder as you try and live almost continuously in Thailand. Some members above have given good advice. One was to spend some time Cambodia. Mine was Vietnam. Some countries are visa exempt to Vietnam. That's why asked your passport. 

Then, what about signing for a school and not going to it? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You can, but the $30 VISA for Laos is valid for 30 days, why waste it?

Young western folk seem to congregate in Luang Prabang.

Exactly. I love thailand, however if I was in op situation I would do exactly as britman suggested. A month here a month there. Over last 5 years absolute explosion of backpackers in places like saigon, Hanoi, and many others. Air fares are cheap to these countries. When one thinks about it if someone was happy to spend time out if los (perhaps 5ish months/yrs) you could stay in Asia for quite some time.

• Like 1

Just to add (after thought)....OP is there specific reason why you choose Thailand? I know I'm banging on about Vietnam, perhaps I go too often. Point is such a fun place for young folk. The visa situation (requirements) in some other Asian countries are less rigid than thailand

I'm no expert but since nobody else has suggested it I'll put it out there. OP why not get an ED visa and study Thai at a private language school? Then you've got a year before you have to do another border run and only have to report to immigration.

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Did the OP disclose its gender in its profile or elsewhere?

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

• Confused 1