Video: Foreign tourists face jail for racing and doing wheelies in Pattaya

webfact

Video: Foreign tourists face jail for racing and doing wheelies in Pattaya

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Pattaya's head of police has promised to throw the book at two foreigners caught on video riding recklessly in the Jomtien area of Pattaya. 

A video clip that is being widely viewed on social media showed the two men stuck at the lights before they race each other with one man seen splaying his legs and doing a wheelie. 

Neither man was wearing a helmet or a shirt.

They could face jail for their antics. 

Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch told Daily News Online that he had ordered his men to find the tourists. CCTV at the intersection and along Jomtien Sai 2 is being studied. 

They would be charged with reckless endangerment of the public as well as not wearing helmets, he said. 

The former charge carries the possibility of a jail term. 

Precedents exist; earlier this week it was announced that three Thai "big bikers" had been jailed for doing wheelies on the highway. The jail terms were suspended by the court.

In another report Daily News reported that it was not just Thais who were causing annoyance on the roads - foreigners were at it too. 

The footage was uploaded to the "Page Clip Dang Facebook". 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-20

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, webfact said:

Precedents exist; earlier this week it was announced that three Thai "big bikers" had been jailed for doing wheelies on the highway. The jail terms were suspended by the court.

So they weren't jailed!

4 minutes ago, mikebell said:

More Thai over-reaction against foreigners!  There are traffic lights outside two police stations in my area.  I reckon on five red light runners per change of lights.  Not ONE cop in evidence.

As opposed to the 2nd Rd/Klang junction in Pattaya where someone is always on duty, but for standing violations like no helmet and stopping over the line. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

As opposed to the 2nd Rd/Klang junction in Pattaya where someone is always on duty, but for standing violations like no helmet and stopping over the line. 

Agreed - the little fattie there ticketed my mate for going over the line.  You'd think with all the exercise he got wandering out of his hiding place, he'd lose weight.

2 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Agreed - the little fattie there ticketed my mate for going over the line.  You'd think with all the exercise he got wandering out of his hiding place, he'd lose weight.

It's all the money he gets causing the weight, he eats like no tomorrow when resting in the box. Got me for a left turn on red!

At that age on Holiday we were all pissed from the night before. Reminds me of the Mafia, as long as they kill their own, leave em alone. No Loss. Like when little Knife Yob stabs fellow Yob why bother, let the winner carry on winning, he can take more of his kind out than the Police can these days.....:drunk: ..Old Mans Logic.!!.

30 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

At that age on Holiday we were all pissed from the night before. Reminds me of the Mafia, as long as they kill their own, leave em alone. No Loss. Like when little Knife Yob stabs fellow Yob why bother, let the winner carry on winning, he can take more of his kind out than the Police can these days.....:drunk: ..Old Mans Logic.!!.

That's all very well until one of them takes out a moped with a mother and child on it.

The one pulling the wheelie didn't look in control at all as he was posing going through the intersection.

Its not just that they're idiots to themselves, it is the innocents that get caught up in their egoism that I would worry about. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

They could face jail for their antics. 

A bit harsh I think, as usual in Thailand the punishment rarely fits the crime, this is just petty fooling around, they should concentrate their efforts on the things that contribute most to the carnage on the roads like mobile phone use and alcohol 

They probably weren’t aware that only Thais are allowed to be reckless drivers/riders causing all sorts of accidents and getting away with it as in everything ! 

The biased taxi driver idiot who got them on his little dash cam is probably another scumbags who is allowed to rip tourists off.. 

I must admit it’s pretty difficult to do a wheely with an Honda Click scooter, well done to him, just don’t get caught by these criminally insane people ????????‍♂️

44 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

That's all very well until one of them takes out a moped with a mother and child on it.

The one pulling the wheelie didn't look in control at all as he was posing going through the intersection.

Its not just that they're idiots to themselves, it is the innocents that get caught up in their egoism that I would worry about. 

State the obvious.The Members are over 10 ,well done

48 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

State the obvious.The Members are over 10 ,well done

1 hour ago, chrisinth said:

At that age on Holiday we were all pissed from the night before. Reminds me of the Mafia, as long as they kill their own, leave em alone. No Loss.

You were the one saying leave them alone and let them get on with it.

If it was just them, I would agree with you, but you have to take into account the innocent that might get caught up in their antics; this is what I was commenting on.

Archived