Video: Foreign tourists face jail for racing and doing wheelies in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, mikebell said:

More Thai over-reaction against foreigners!  There are traffic lights outside two police stations in my area.  I reckon on five red light runners per change of lights.  Not ONE cop in evidence.

Have you heard of Road Traffic Laws? You think the British or Australian Police would ignore this behaviour? There are too many  low IQ European knucklescrapers in Pattaya.

7 minutes ago, simtemple said:

Have you heard of Road Traffic Laws? You think the British or Australian Police would ignore this behaviour? There are too many  low IQ European knucklescrapers in Pattaya.

NO! But those police forces target all offenders not just tourists.

And what do they do about Thais who do the same every night NOTHING What do The RTP do with a driver who was coming down the wrong side of the road when I was walking at 6 in the morning and the dumbarse did not even have his parking lights on I thought I was going to run over  They do NOTHING Put these  guys in jail but how about throwing the book at the Thai riders who do this also?

What I find weird is the person in the car behind them videoing (obviously on a cell phone due to all the movement), for as long as they did ... what was the fascination ? Did they know these guys were going to do this ? Where they part of a 'Video us when we take off at the lights" plot ? Couldn't see any reason just to film two just sitting on bikes for so long, crossing the line or not !

51 minutes ago, ubon farang said:

And what do they do about Thais who do the same every night NOTHING What do The RTP do with a driver who was coming down the wrong side of the road when I was walking at 6 in the morning and the dumbarse did not even have his parking lights on I thought I was going to run over  They do NOTHING Put these  guys in jail but how about throwing the book at the Thai riders who do this also?

..cause they're 'soft cocks'.

I live very near this intersection. EVERY time I wait at this set of lights,

I witness at least one motorbike-taxi going through a red light every day.

If the BIB want to make some money - set up a POLICE CHECK at this intersection  (Jomtien 2nd Rd & Chaiyapruk) .

They could make a months worth of fines in one hour ticketing the offenders who run red lights !

On a POSITIVE note, there are 2 villages at the east & west side of this intersection which have habitually  had their entrances cut off by cars waiting at a red light at the traffic light. ..... 

BUT lately - with fresh Yellow Paint to warn of NO BLOCKING -

at least 70% of drivers are now paying attention and being courteous about leaving village entrance ways open

while they wait at a red light !

THANK YOU .

Ok they're wrong ,but see worse than that anytime of the day around ,Never,Never see any cops. So get them cops of their fat butt  and do their job all around the country to something about every traffic offence . Nah that means get out on the road and do work .

Well for one thing, if they are tourists, travellers or expats, they are plain stupid..

Not in their own country, and if they buggered up and crashed, bye bye insurance, if they actually had any, anyway.  I see many Farangs around Hua Hin in the country sides, with no helmets, as there are never any police outside the city, who will stop anyone, for almost anything. Got to remember, 3rd world country, with 3rd world police force! No helmet equals brain dead, in my opinion.

Geezer

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

Ok they're wrong ,but see worse than that anytime of the day around

So what ? We are guests in this country and should behave and follow the laws. That the locals themselves are crazy on the roads doesn't change anything . 

Throw the bank book at them they mean. Let's face it the Pattaya are only interested in increasing their bank balance. If it's not financially viable they're not interested. 

Thinking today that the whole Pattaya RTP should be kicked out of Pattaya on on regular basis to different provinces. 

Hit them in the pocket where it hurts the most.

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

No helmet equals brain dead, in my opinion.

Geezer

With scooters being 20-40x as dangerous as 4 wheeled vehicles, wearing a helmet to ride a scooter in Thailand is like wearing a condom to do crack whores. 

Sure.  It's a good idea.  Reduces the danger by 40%, to 12-24x as dangerous as riding in a car.  But that safety Rubicon is crossed when you throw your leg over the seat instead of sitting inside a 4 wheeler.

Archived