Video: Foreign tourists face jail for racing and doing wheelies in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not excusing these idiots for breaking the law and being reckless, however, Why not enforce the driving laws across the board and not blame any particular segment of the population?  This pointing fingers doesn't solve anything.

Here just a few of the infractions that could be worked on:

• Driving on the sidewalk
  • Driving the wrong way
  • Driving without a license
  • Driving without a helmet
  • Illegal Parking
  • Illegally controlling of Parking Spaces
  • Unlawful vehicle on roadway
  • Vehicles in violation of Safety and/or Overloading

These are just a few areas that could be pursued and reduce the law breaking sufficiently if they enforced the law correctly.  But will they ever do it?  Odds are not good on that.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:49 AM, wreckingcountry said:

As opposed to the Thai teen morons who get a lecture and their bike taken away for a week or month! Ah Thailand again!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I knew someone  2 was going to say this

They get locked up too

Sometoems getting a telling  off just like forangs sometimes get a telling off also

On 2/20/2019 at 9:09 AM, mikebell said:

More Thai over-reaction against foreigners!  There are traffic lights outside two police stations in my area.  I reckon on five red light runners per change of lights.  Not ONE cop in evidence.

Do you think to surprise us, shock us, or just inform us ???? All Expats know !

On 2/20/2019 at 1:49 AM, wreckingcountry said:

As opposed to the Thai teen morons who get a lecture and their bike taken away for a week or month! Ah Thailand again!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

05e5cc20f0543864879976671fbb7c35.jpg.9bdcedce1b8975ca86108fb0dcba56bb.jpg

On 2/20/2019 at 1:42 AM, webfact said:

Precedents exist; earlier this week it was announced that three Thai "big bikers" had been jailed for doing wheelies on the highway. The jail terms were suspended by the court.

On 2/20/2019 at 6:16 PM, tandor said:

..cause they're 'soft cocks'.

So many posters here and i don't think that anyone has got any idea that things will never change until Thailand gets a properly trained police force, a force which actually knows the laws and is capable of policing them. Beginning of course with the road rules and strictly adhering to them. But of course, we all know that this can never happen as no one in the RTP has enough intelligence to grasp this fact.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:06 PM, Bartman1369 said:

Throw the bank book at them they mean. Let's face it the Pattaya are only interested in increasing their bank balance. If it's not financially viable they're not interested. 

Thinking today that the whole Pattaya RTP should be kicked out of Pattaya on on regular basis to different provinces. 

Hit them in the pocket where it hurts the most.

Can't do that as they have to pay to get there in the first place.   I wonder why 

On 2/21/2019 at 5:30 AM, waders123 said:

Not excusing these idiots for breaking the law and being reckless, however, Why not enforce the driving laws across the board and not blame any particular segment of the population?  This pointing fingers doesn't solve anything.

Here just a few of the infractions that could be worked on:

• Driving on the sidewalk
  • Driving the wrong way
  • Driving without a license
  • Driving without a helmet
  • Illegal Parking
  • Illegally controlling of Parking Spaces
  • Unlawful vehicle on roadway
  • Vehicles in violation of Safety and/or Overloading

These are just a few areas that could be pursued and reduce the law breaking sufficiently if they enforced the law correctly.  But will they ever do it?  Odds are not good on that.

Yeh!   and how about seat belts in the back of pick ups.

Archived