Advice please.

malt25

Good morning all.

Some advice please. I'm contemplating purchasing a few tools for my workshop. One brand of router interests me. Zinsano. I realise it's a low end brand & not expecting too much for my money. Wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand ? A miter saw might be on the shopping list a little later. Again thinking of Zinsano.

Thanks for any advice, comments.....     Mal.

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well Ducatti's and Ferrari's so I it would be fine.

7 hours ago, malt25 said:

I know I can be a little slow at times, but your comment has me stumped !!!

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

???? OK sorry it's an Italian tool if cheap no matter give it some go. 

I,ve had dealings with quite a few Italian tools in my time........ooops sorry :whistling:

on a more serious note if you,re just using it occasionally and carefully it should be fine :thumbsup:

Zinsano is a Chinese tool made under contract for the importer to Thailand of three brands of welders and a line of pressure washers. You might consider buying tools from brands with actual design staff such as Makita, Maktec, Hitachi, Metabo, DeWALT, Milwaukee. Even Pigeon a Chinese brand has tool designers for that actual brand. Zinsano has good marketing and their pressure washers with induction motors are worth serious consideration. 

Buriram Zinsano Bench Grinder Wurth Lubrication.jpg

8 hours ago, David B in Thailand said:

Zinsano is a Chinese tool made under contract for the importer to Thailand of three brands of welders and a line of pressure washers. You might consider buying tools from brands with actual design staff such as Makita, Maktec, Hitachi, Metabo, DeWALT, Milwaukee. Even Pigeon a Chinese brand has tool designers for that actual brand. Zinsano has good marketing and their pressure washers with induction motors are worth serious consideration. 

Buriram Zinsano Bench Grinder Wurth Lubrication.jpg

Thanks David. I had doubts about Zinsano being an Italian company. I'll give their router a go, it suits my needs. Thanks again.

I bought a cheap Chinese sander a while back and used it occasionally for small jobs around the house, it broke down about a year later, if you only need it for a few times then ok, but if you want to use it for a bit longer speny the extra money.

7 minutes ago, bbko said:

I bought a cheap Chinese sander a while back and used it occasionally for small jobs around the house, it broke down about a year later, if you only need it for a few times then ok, but if you want to use it for a bit longer speny the extra money.

If it is Chinese made, I'd suggest not wasting your money.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, I'd avoid anything Chinese, as they all seem to be manufactured to a price, not a quality.

I was trying to buy some 12" hacksaw blades, I could only find Chinese ones - at 3 Baht each. Three different Chinese brands, no other manufacturers on sale. I bought four blades.

They won't even cut palm tree branches - the reason I bought them. The original non-Chinese blades were fine for the same job for over a year, before snapping.

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I was trying to buy some 12" hacksaw blades, I could only find Chinese ones - at 3 Baht each. Three different Chinese brands, no other manufacturers on sale. I bought four blades.

They won't even cut palm tree branches - the reason I bought them. The original non-Chinese blades were fine for the same job for over a year, before snapping.

My 12“ Eclipse hacksaw blades (made in Sheffield) won't cut palm tree branches either, it's the wrong tool for the job.

For green wood a 20“ bowsaw is what you want. Once it's dry a bowsaw may still be OK.

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

My 12“ Eclipse hacksaw blades (made in Sheffield) won't cut palm tree branches either, it's the wrong tool for the job.

For green wood a 20“ bowsaw is what you want. Once it's dry a bowsaw may still be OK.

I'm not denying it's the wrong saw, but as I said in my post, the original hacksaw blades did cut the palm tree branches for over a year.

When I tried to cut a piece of tin plate, the Chinese blades were still bloody useless. My personal point was to steer clear of anything of Chinese origin.

A couple of years ago I also bought a pair of Chinese secateurs at 99 Baht (the decent ones were 400-odd Baht) to cut some other branches - they went blunt within two weeks. That was when I realised it was a waste of time buying the really cheap stuff.

13 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

My personal point was to steer clear of anything of Chinese origin.

A couple of years ago I also bought a pair of Chinese secateurs at 99 Baht (the decent ones were 400-odd Baht) to cut some other branches - they went blunt within two weeks. That was when I realised it was a waste of time buying the really cheap stuff

I agree on not buying cheap, as you usually get the quality you pay for, the caveat about not buying cheap applies to every country.

However I completely disagree with not buying Chinese as there are certainly good-quality Chinese tools available. The range of qualities of Chinese tools however it is quite large.

Archived