BANGKOK 18 March 2019 20:26
webfact

Gotcha! Facebook woman explains how she had taxis fined for refusing to take her home

Gotcha! Facebook woman explains how she had taxis fined for refusing to take her home

7pm.jpg

Picture: Facebook

A Thai woman - furious at being turned down by ten taxis - has gone on Facebook to advise people how to take their revenge. 

Shout at the top of your voice and get the police to act. 

Kuptun Pamika was angry that no one would take her home from Platinum Fashion Mall in Pratunam to Patanakarn Road. 

Seeing police in the area she decided to yell to attract their attention. She said it was great to get her own back on rude and terrible taxi drivers and have them fined for not taking her. 

She said: "If a taxi driver doesn't take you - just shout. Tell the police that they are being choosy about what passenger to accept". 

Sanook reported on her post saying that many drivers had paid Kuptun scant regard often just refusing to even talk to her when she mention Patanakarn Soi 26. They would wind up the window and ignore her. 

The drivers in the area acted in a brazen manner with police just yards away - but she had found a way to get them fined for not taking her. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-20

good for her.

One of my Taxi Driver tests is hesitation: Sawadee, Wat Bang Nam Phueung Khap. Blank look. Show on Google Map. Blank look. 

Bye. Next.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

good for her.

One of my Taxi Driver tests is hesitation: Sawadee, Wat Bang Nam Phueung Khap. Blank look. Show on Google Map. Blank look. 

Bye. Next.

I am so jealous. I would love to have a house there. My favorite place in all of Bangkok. The "lung of Bangkok".

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I am so jealous. I would love to have a house there. My favorite place in all of Bangkok. The "lung of Bangkok".

I love it..... its basically a 200B ride for me down Rat Burana or Suksawat Road, so I can roll there wherever I want

i had a guy, gave him directions, showed him a map, asked him (all in Thai) if he understood...it was like 4 kms away.  ok, easy he says, he knows.

one block from the turn, he starts crying and crying about how far it is and he didn't realize how far and how this is very bad and very bad and all this and that....was unbelievable.  i think i said, fine 20 more baht for like 15 seconds of driving.  sure, i'm dumb....but i try my best to avoid them at all costs.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

i had a guy, gave him directions, showed him a map, asked him (all in Thai) if he understood...it was like 4 kms away.  ok, easy he says, he knows.

one block from the turn, he starts crying and crying about how far it is and he didn't realize how far and how this is very bad and very bad and all this and that....was unbelievable.  i think i said, fine 20 more baht for like 15 seconds of driving.  sure, i'm dumb....but i try my best to avoid them at all costs.  

Sounds about right.

Honestly if they increased the rate of the meter by say 20-30% but there was total compliance with using it and taking all ride requests to their stated destinations, it would be a good change from the way things are now, which is a completely broken and corrupt system.