Gotcha! Facebook woman explains how she had taxis fined for refusing to take her home

webfact

Gotcha! Facebook woman explains how she had taxis fined for refusing to take her home

7pm.jpg

Picture: Facebook

A Thai woman - furious at being turned down by ten taxis - has gone on Facebook to advise people how to take their revenge. 

Shout at the top of your voice and get the police to act. 

Kuptun Pamika was angry that no one would take her home from Platinum Fashion Mall in Pratunam to Patanakarn Road. 

Seeing police in the area she decided to yell to attract their attention. She said it was great to get her own back on rude and terrible taxi drivers and have them fined for not taking her. 

She said: "If a taxi driver doesn't take you - just shout. Tell the police that they are being choosy about what passenger to accept". 

Sanook reported on her post saying that many drivers had paid Kuptun scant regard often just refusing to even talk to her when she mention Patanakarn Soi 26. They would wind up the window and ignore her. 

The drivers in the area acted in a brazen manner with police just yards away - but she had found a way to get them fined for not taking her. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-20

I just called 1584 or whatever the number was when a female taxi driver didn't want to take me to Nana at midnight from the front of Lumphini police station. One policeman was smoking outside, I tried to get his help but he couldn't care less. So I took the photos of the car and the <deleted> and reported.

After a few months I got an SMS that her driver's license had been suspended. I am really tired of those lazy <deleted>. Will report any time.

I stopped using taxis here in Thailand over a decade ago, the last straw being when we got off our flight at Udon Thani Airport and went to the taxi rank.

Our place is an hour 15 minute drive from the airport, told the driver where we wanted to go, he said, 1,800 baht, I said, 1,800 baht, I always pay 1,000 baht, he shrugged his shoulders and said, I always charge 1,800 baht, I said, oh, you know English, you speak very good English, very good, so we don't go then I said to him, up to you was his reply.

My Mrs is cool, and will follow me, so I then said to the Mrs, where can we get a bus to the centre to get another bus to our main town, she said over there, so we proceeded and paid 20 baht each and as we were getting into this minivan, the taxi driver came over while we sat down and said, ok, I take you, I said, oh, you want to take us now, he said yes, and my reply was, too late, we already paid for the minivan to take us to town to get another bus, he said, he can pay us for the minivan, that's is when the Mrs served it to him in Thai at the top of her voice with him walking away with his tail between his legs, I just looked at the wife and smiled.

15 minutes later we arrived in the centre of Udon Thani and caught an old bus 10 minutes later with ceiling fans and open windows, the bus would have been deregistered back in the old country....lol, there were crying babies and even a chicken under a blokes arm, it was fun, even took turns in holding a couple of babies to give there mums a break from the almost 2 hour trip. 15 minutes before we arrived in our town, the Mrs rang and got dad to pick us up at the drop off.

I won't feed taxi drivers here, they can starve for all I care. When in Phuket I use an alternative company SRC Travel there drivers wait for me with a signboard and they are 200 baht cheaper than the taxi's at the airport who usually want to stop off somewhere while someone wants to sell you something...lol

I also drive to Udon Thani and leave my car there for 200 baht per day as opposed to catching a taxi, if I am away for 10 days, it still works out the same, and I would rather pay the airport car parking staff to be employed over taxi drivers.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

good for her.

One of my Taxi Driver tests is hesitation: Sawadee, Wat Bang Nam Phueung Khap. Blank look. Show on Google Map. Blank look. 

Bye. Next.

I am so jealous. I would love to have a house there. My favorite place in all of Bangkok. The "lung of Bangkok".

40 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

15 minutes later we arrived in the centre of Udon Thani and caught an old bus 10 minutes later with ceiling fans and open windows, the bus would have been deregistered back in the old country....lol, there were crying babies and even a chicken under a blokes arm, it was fun, even took turns in holding a couple of babies to give there mums a break from the almost 2 hour trip.

The man above knows how to dig life! 

36 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I am so jealous. I would love to have a house there. My favorite place in all of Bangkok. The "lung of Bangkok".

I love it..... its basically a 200B ride for me down Rat Burana or Suksawat Road, so I can roll there wherever I want

i had a guy, gave him directions, showed him a map, asked him (all in Thai) if he understood...it was like 4 kms away.  ok, easy he says, he knows.

one block from the turn, he starts crying and crying about how far it is and he didn't realize how far and how this is very bad and very bad and all this and that....was unbelievable.  i think i said, fine 20 more baht for like 15 seconds of driving.  sure, i'm dumb....but i try my best to avoid them at all costs.  

i had a guy, gave him directions, showed him a map, asked him (all in Thai) if he understood...it was like 4 kms away.  ok, easy he says, he knows.

one block from the turn, he starts crying and crying about how far it is and he didn't realize how far and how this is very bad and very bad and all this and that....was unbelievable.  i think i said, fine 20 more baht for like 15 seconds of driving.  sure, i'm dumb....but i try my best to avoid them at all costs.  

Sounds about right.

Honestly if they increased the rate of the meter by say 20-30% but there was total compliance with using it and taking all ride requests to their stated destinations, it would be a good change from the way things are now, which is a completely broken and corrupt system.

2 hours ago, Dinobot said:

Bkk taxis are possibly the worst in the world.

The trouble with Thai taxi drivers they actually don't think they are meant to be carrying people to their destination because they have not worked it out that is what a taxi driver does so small is their brain So please make allowances for the Taxi drivers behind the wheel they don't even know they are taxi drivers

Once I got rejected by three taxis in a row, requesting the same destination from each. The responses:

Taxi 1: “too far”
Taxi 2: “too near”
Taxi 3: “too much traffic”

The fourth taxi I asked: “where can you take me?” thinking that if it was at least part of the way to where I needed to get to I would take it.

He just looked at me confused and waved me away.

5 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Thailand has become to corrupt in my opinion and it will continue I never use taxi no meter 

But to all farangs be careful when you complaining to them they like to fight 

Good luck out there 

Get a taxi driver on his own with no backup, and see if he wants to fight.

5 hours ago, oobar said:

Never show a Thai a map and expect a positive outcome.

i never that before i showed him the map.  i was thinking the same thing as i was showing him my phone......like a deer in headlights.  

maybe i did it for an inside laugh.  i find it impossible for someone to not comprehend a map of a place only 4 kms away....probably spent 20 years on that road.  lol

4 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

In Bangkok I always use public transport ,sometimes you get harassed by tuk tuk drivers when you are waiting at the bus stop.

I actually took a Tuk Tuk the other day and it was a fun ride. Cab would have cost me 60B, so I gave the TT guy 100. 

Super nice ride, really. Not a lot of traffic, sun shining....

We should start a TVF Taxi Enforcement Squad..... imagine say 100 undecover TVF members, posing as tourists,  getting refused by turn a ride or refused the meter, who would shoot off a pre-typed letter in Thai,  to the authorities, to Mr Big Joke and to the Bangkok Post Newspaper.....things would change overnight...for say at least a month !!

On 2/20/2019 at 8:24 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I stopped using taxis here in Thailand over a decade ago, the last straw being when we got off our flight at Udon Thani Airport and went to the taxi rank.

Our place is an hour 15 minute drive from the airport, told the driver where we wanted to go, he said, 1,800 baht, I said, 1,800 baht, I always pay 1,000 baht, he shrugged his shoulders and said, I always charge 1,800 baht, I said, oh, you know English, you speak very good English, very good, so we don't go then I said to him, up to you was his reply.

This taxi driver must be crazy!  We live 95 kilometers from Ubon Ratchathani Airport. I use to take a taxi or a minivan to take me home.  The going rate for taxis or vans in Thailand is around 10 Baht per kilometer. They will usually ask for 1200-1500 THB, but I refuse and say, I will pay 1000 THB and if you don't go any faster than 90 km per hour, I will give you a 200 Baht tip.  If you go faster, there will be no tip.  We always find an agreement on that. The trip takes over one hour. How your Udon Airport taxi driver can ask for 1800 Baht for a 15 minutes trip, makes me shake my head in disbelief. Maybe you look much too rich ?

On 2/20/2019 at 3:09 PM, puukao said:

i never that before i showed him the map.  i was thinking the same thing as i was showing him my phone......like a deer in headlights.  

maybe i did it for an inside laugh.  i find it impossible for someone to not comprehend a map of a place only 4 kms away....probably spent 20 years on that road.  lol

most Thais cannot read maps. It is much too abstract for them. They do not get prepared for such during their school years. Geography does not get thaught in Thai schools, because there is only one country in the whole World that matters to them, and this is Thailand

1 hour ago, crazygreg44 said:

This taxi driver must be crazy!  We live 95 kilometers from Ubon Ratchathani Airport. I use to take a taxi or a minivan to take me home.  The going rate for taxis or vans in Thailand is around 10 Baht per kilometer. They will usually ask for 1200-1500 THB, but I refuse and say, I will pay 1000 THB and if you don't go any faster than 90 km per hour, I will give you a 200 Baht tip.  If you go faster, there will be no tip.  We always find an agreement on that. The trip takes over one hour. How your Udon Airport taxi driver can ask for 1800 Baht for a 15 minutes trip, makes me shake my head in disbelief. Maybe you look much too rich ?

You must have misread my post, we live 1 hour and 15 minutes from the airport, Udon Thai centre where the bus is, is a 15 minute drive ????

Still, the 1,800 baht for an hour 20 was over the top, hence the reason we caught the minivan to the town centre and then another bus to our town which took 2 hours, usually an hour with no stops but this was an all stops bus, still, was at least 900 baht better off and the taxi driver was 1,000 baht out of pocket ????

Archived