O-A visa from US while living in Thailand

Hi,

I had a Retirement O-A visa that lapsed due to my mistake. I am still in Thailand on visa exempt entry and hopefully on visa Type O  (over 50 and retired) soon. But I do not want to be going for border runs every 90 days with Type O visa. Boring, time consuming, needless expense. 

I would like to apply for retirement O-A visa again but I don't want travel to USA only for this. 

Does anyone have experience, while living in Thailand, in applying for retirement O-A visa by mail to Thai Embassy/Consulate in DC or NYC?

Or the only option is to go back to US for getting O-A visa?

You cannot apply for a visa for here while you are in the country.

If you tried from here the embassy would probably notice that you never left the country by looking at your passport.

For an OA visa I am not sure how you could even attempt to it from another country near here. A bit difficult to get a medical certificate and a police clearance without being the states.

You could apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here if you can meet the financial requirements.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot apply for a visa for here while you are in the country.

If you tried from here the embassy would probably notice that you never left the country by looking at your passport.

For an OA visa I am not sure how you could even attempt to it from another country near here. A bit difficult to get a medical certificate and a police clearance without being the states.

You could apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here if you can meet the financial requirements.

"The extension of stay based on retirement" will require visa runs to the border every 90 days while the extension is open. Is that right? 

7 minutes ago, Kasane said:

"The extension of stay based on retirement" will require visa runs to the border every 90 days while the extension is open. Is that right? 

It is a one year extension of stay. After getting it you do not have to leave the country unless you want to. You just do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country to immigration.

Then when it ends you can apply for another extension without needing to leave the country.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is a one year extension of stay. After getting it you do not have to leave the country unless you want to. You just do reports of staying longer than 90 days in the country to immigration.

Then when it ends you can apply for another extension without needing to leave the country.

Great. Thanks for all your help.