Viral video: Cover your ears now! Every Thai swear word under the sun as taxi driver and "ee kwai" battle it out!

webfact

23 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Well the taxi driver said in the video he waited an hour already, the girl told her why don't you just shut the door and wait in the car. It sounds like she was trying to pull a runner, but the taxi driver was hot on her tail so she can't get away. Taxi driver was not aggressive at all until he started to loose his patience after an hour, telling others whats happening. She was giving him the run around.

Said, said, said. Is there actually any proof he was waiting for an hour?

I’m not defending the woman’s alleged actions. You get a taxi you should pay. 

However even if true, if, it makes no difference to my point. 

His behaviour in the video is unacceptable. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Said, said, said.

I’m not defending the woman’s alleged actions. 

Even if true, if, it makes no difference to my point. 

His behaviour in the video is unacceptable. 

why is it unacceptable? The girl got agitated when the driver got off the car and started filming. She told him to stay in the car and wait. She started to say why are you looking for trouble from me. He said can you pay up, she said she's looking for the money. She started yelling at 3:51 mark. She swore at him calling him "hia" first. She called him a "kway" dick...thats when all hell broke loose.

So if you don't understand Thai, ask someone to translate the video for you. The fault lies squarely on the girl, even though he unleashed a storm on her later on. If the girl didn't yell and swore at him first, I would say this taxi driver was very patient and polite in the beginning.

Even in the Thai forums, people said the blame falls on the girl.

10 minutes ago, mike324 said:

why is it unacceptable? The girl got agitated when the driver got off the car and started filming. She told him to stay in the car and wait. She started to say why are you looking for trouble from me. He said can you pay up, she said she's looking for the money. She started yelling at 3:51 mark. She swore at him calling him "hia" first. She called him a "kway" dick...thats when all hell broke loose.

So if you don't understand Thai, ask someone to translate the video for you. The fault lies squarely on the girl, even though he unleashed a storm on her later on. If the girl didn't yell and swore at him first, I would say this taxi driver was very patient and polite in the beginning.

Even in the Thai forums, people said the blame falls on the girl.

I both read and speak Thai.

After 3.51 of being filmed in a stressful situation I might yell at the person filming me.

However, that said, I'm not defending her, just expressing my view of the driver.

On 2/20/2019 at 10:46 AM, Bournville said:

Really? That's his money she stole! He did nothing to her. She's a thief. Bully? 5555. It might be a 50 baht fare or 450 baht...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He calls her "500 baht female thief" (ee-jorn-haa-roi) among other things

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

I both read and speak Thai.

After 3.51 of being filmed in a stressful situation I might yell at the person filming me.

However, that said, I'm not defending her, just expressing my view of the driver.

Aaahhhh....more excuses for her behaviour. So she can yell, after getting into a taxi knowing that she had no money and then keeping the driver waiting, so that he couldn't get back to work.

But all your venom reserved for the driver/victim, who was probably waiting a lot longer than 3:51 before he starting filming.

Something not quite right....

3 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Aaahhhh....more excuses for her behaviour. So she can yell, after getting into a taxi knowing that she had no money and then keeping the driver waiting, so that he couldn't get back to work.

But all your venom reserved for the driver/victim, who was probably waiting a lot longer than 3:51 before he starting filming.

Something not quite right....

Oh I agree, my criticisms are aimed at the driver, because they are deserved.

In no way, though you'd like to make out it is, does this mean I am condoning the woman's actions [if proven to be correct]

On 2/20/2019 at 1:00 PM, Khaeng Mak said:

His first insult was that he called her an octopus.

But the paper reporting missed that.

I missed that too..how many seconds into the video ????   as far as I can make out she starts the bad language

(water monitor) as she is walking across the road ( 0.26) to ask directions from the 2 guys sitting in the front yard

then @ 2.39  another water monitor and the real action starts  the Taxi drivers language  was restrained up to that point..as far as I hear....????

14 hours ago, balo said:

Learned a few new words her, I am going to practice it when my next date fails.  

Ee kwai, Ee kwai, Ee kwai ! 

I get called "Kwai" several times every day. It's my wife's normal address to me.

2 minutes ago, johng said:

LoL    sometimes my wife will refer to me as  "farung kee nok"   she immediately gets the "Kon thai grajock"  reply

and we both laugh.

You obviously haven't given her custody of your wallet yet. Just surrender it, saves a lot of earache.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 5:10 PM, MaksimMislavsky said:

He calls her "500 baht female thief" (ee-jorn-haa-roi) among other things

I must say, the taxi driver saying "ee oo-un" and "ee turet" was a good touch.

i thought i even heard something about a stupid watermelon thrown in, but i might be wrong

Anyway, Its a fun study for Thai listening skills

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, Bluespunk said:

Oh I agree, my criticisms are aimed at the driver, because they are deserved.

In no way, though you'd like to make out it is, does this mean I am condoning the woman's actions [if proven to be correct]

Here we go again, this lady was caught not paying again, this time to a motorcycle driver. Just happen this past few days.

My Thai language skills are not perfect but I’ll have a go for you...

.,I think the lady just arrived back from a day trip at the zoo and apparently she was upset because there were no buffalos, elephants, dogs, monitor lizards, etc which she expected to see..

..but the taxi driver insisted he saw the buffalos, elephants, dogs, lizards etc and questioned how the lady could have possibly not seen them.

I think ???? 

Archived