Alternatives To Thailand: Pharmacy Drug Situation

Khaeng Mak

3 hours ago, Khaeng Mak said:
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

i went to a pharmacy in sri lanka looking for a few pseudofeds for a cold and sinus problems and the pharmacist said not available and he was very critical of his government telling me morphine tablets are abundant and over the counter no rx but no relief for sinusitis.

At the onset of any cold and sinus problems I always commence taking CHORPHEN-Y tablets.  They come in a little yellow plastic bottle from the local pharmacy and are as cheap as chips. Work well to avert the symptoms.

likely causes drowsiness.   the advantage of pseudofed no drowsiness and can perk you up if you need to work

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

likely causes drowsiness.   the advantage of pseudofed no drowsiness and can perk you up if you need to work

Its an antihistamine. But I don't experience any drowsiness form it.  If anything it gives a bit of a buzz like caffeine that makes it harder for me to sleep. 

5 minutes ago, Khaeng Mak said:

Its an antihistamine. But I don't experience any drowsiness form it.  If anything it gives a bit of a buzz like caffeine that makes it harder for me to sleep. 

WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF CHORPHEN?

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Stop using Chorphen and call your doctor at once if you have:

fast or uneven heart rate;

mood changes;

tremor, seizure (convulsions);

easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;

feeling short of breath; or

little or no urinating.

Common side effects may include:

dizziness, drowsiness;

dry mouth, nose, or throat;

constipation;

blurred vision; or

feeling nervous or restless.

More: https://www.ndrugs.com/?s=chorphen&t=side effects

10 minutes ago, atyclb said:

WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF CHORPHEN?

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Stop using Chorphen and call your doctor at once if you have:

fast or uneven heart rate;

mood changes;

tremor, seizure (convulsions);

easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness;

feeling short of breath; or

little or no urinating.

Common side effects may include:

dizziness, drowsiness;

dry mouth, nose, or throat;

constipation;

blurred vision; or

feeling nervous or restless.

More: https://www.ndrugs.com/?s=chorphen&t=side effects

The same warnings apply for Coca Cola.

On 2/23/2019 at 1:08 PM, Khaeng Mak said:

At the onset of any cold and sinus problems I always commence taking CHORPHEN-Y tablets.  They come in a little yellow plastic bottle from the local pharmacy and are as cheap as chips. Work well to avert the symptoms.

That's an antihistamine plus it's one that makes you drowsy.  Your sinus issues must be allergies.  Antihistamine isn't going to do much for a rhinovirus infection or alleviating cold-related symptoms.  And Chlorphenamine is as cheap as chips but it's only as good as what it is good for. 

On 2/21/2019 at 6:38 PM, Jingthing said:

Omg I am so sorry I spelled Colombia wrong. That is a serious offense. Blame it on the software.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

A night in the stocks, or tied to the whipping post. The dog ate my homework is not an excuse.

On 2/23/2019 at 1:39 PM, Khaeng Mak said:

Thanks for the post Sheryl.  

But I don't envisage that I will ever be in the market for a fake vibrator!

My understanding is vibrators are illegal in Thailand. Perhaps the government thinks women here have too much fun already.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:40 AM, zlodnick said:

Do doctors actually give you a prescription you can take to a pharmacy to buy meds?

I have always gotten the drugs from the doctor or hospital.

They encourage or infer you have to buy the drugs they supply but you can ask for a prescription and buy them much more cheaply at a Pharmacy.

1 hour ago, Jaggg88 said:

They encourage or infer you have to buy the drugs they supply but you can ask for a prescription and buy them much more cheaply at a Pharmacy.

And they are legally obliged to give you this prescription.

Malaysian pharmacies are strict, and will insist you see a local doctor first. I have been in this predicament before and it was a complete disaster. I couldn't get the medicine with seeing a Malaysian doctor, but the doctor wouldn't see me without the Malaysian equivalent of a national insurance number. Ended up going back to Hat Yai to buy what I needed, no questions asked, and for absolute peanuts, but one whole day of my life wasted sitting around in Malaysia.

Archived