Immigration Crackdown on shops in Chinatown

Xonax

Have anybody heard rumors about a recent Immigration Crackdown on shops in Chinatown, Bangkok?  According to my wifes friend, there has been a crackdown, where many Chinese sellers were arrested by immigration police.  As of yesterday afternoon many shops remain closed.

20 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Are those shops that do visa agent stuff or regular shops run by chinese selling goods?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

It is regular shops selling goods and run by chinese.  

I got some more information last night, that it seems to be both immigration, customs and Revenue office who raided the shops. Many shops are currently closed, because staff and owners are afraid to get caught red handed. 

5 minutes ago, Xonax said:

So why do you need to comment?

I used to buy goods regularly from Samping , the deals in envelopes sealed and back to normal ... fake number plates / weapons such as knives crossbows air guns sex dolls vids the list is endless so the feds get a pay day and a new pair of Ray bans ... i love the place.

13 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

In the local version, Joke wouldn't let it go.

'fergit it Joke...it's Chinatown'? but he's gonna need a new selection of ray bans for his tv appearances...'get on down there and bust them chinese and get me some ray bans while yer at it...'

A post in the Chinese language has been removed.

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translation of technical terms is permitted in specialty forums.

Archived