Long term Parking

MobyDickWorld

Hi everyone, 

We are 2 brothers from Barcelona travelling overland. Due to different reasons, we need to park our van for 5 months in Thailand (Near Bangkok the best).
We have checked airport long term parking but it doesn't give us a reasonable price for such a long time. 

Any help? private parking?

P.S: you can check the size of our van on Instagram or Facebook; Mobydickworld

You might get a better deal renting a cheap apartment that has a parking lot. That way you can use the room and leave your car there. Talk to the owner of the building first to explain that you will be traveling around and ask if it is OK to leave your van since you are renting a room. This way, you might be able to park it for about 2000 a month plus have use of the room.

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

You might get a better deal renting a cheap apartment that has a parking lot. That way you can use the room and leave your car there. Talk to the owner of the building first to explain that you will be traveling around and ask if it is OK to leave your van since you are renting a room. This way, you might be able to park it for about 2000 a month plus have use of the room.

Good Idea, do you know where could we find such a place?

30 minutes ago, MobyDickWorld said:

Good Idea, do you know where could we find such a place?

They are out there in the Bangkok suburbs. You can use Google earth and street view to find them. They usually have a name and contact number out front.

I did this when I went to England for a month but I paid 5000 for a decent air con room with underground car park. I also used the room for 7 days , 4 before I left and 3 when I returned.

4 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

Subscribe to any of the BKK expat groups on facebook and ask there. I am sure there are lots of people, who rent condos, but don't use the parking space.

That is me, i left a reply earlier but figured for the rate i would get it is not worth the trouble. 

How much are u looking to pay for a month op?

• 10 months later...