Non-sexual Pleasures in Pattaya

Neeranam

I'm going to Pattaya for a few days for a convention.

I'll probably visit a go go  but am faithful to my wife, so want to spend my evening doing something away from the sex area.

Any suggestions? 

Good Indian/Mexican restaurants?

Good shows/temples?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing something away from the sex area is difficult...most of Pattaya can be considered a sex area.....if you want to try a go go by all means go for it it,s fun without partaking in anything untoward.....try the soi LK Metro area and on nearby soi Bukhaow there are many inexpensive bars where you drink peacefully and watch the world in all its glory go by...as for temples and shows look outside the city,I,m afraid.....good luck and report back after your visit  :thumbsup:

You will even find "No sex" signs at certain massage places :smile:

Foot massage, pedicure, manicure, haircut.

And shopping, shopping, shopping, endless.

You can refrain to window shopping.

Rent a beach chair, just don't consider swimming!

Can't comment on the restaurants (Mexican, Indian).

Plenty of Indian. There is even a little India-Town.

Walk into Central rd (Pattaya Klang) Soi 16, cruise the block and you will find Indian restaurants of different regions (southern? northern?).

https://goo.gl/maps/xHpNicQzQ8K2

I guess the thread will gain more input soon.

58 minutes ago, petermik said:

if you want to try a go go by all means go for it it,s fun without partaking in anything untoward.....try the soi LK Metro area and on nearby soi Bukhaow there are many inexpensive bars where you drink peacefully

With a strong will no problem :biggrin:

But: "Lead Us Not Into Temptation".

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Doing something away from the sex area is difficult...most of Pattaya can be considered a sex area.....if you want to try a go go by all means go for it it,s fun without partaking in anything untoward.....try the soi LK Metro area and on nearby soi Bukhaow there are many inexpensive bars where you drink peacefully and watch the world in all its glory go by...as for temples and shows look outside the city,I,m afraid.....good luck and report back after your visit  :thumbsup:

'Doing something away from the sex area is difficult...most of Pattaya can be considered a sex area...'   What a crock.  The opposite is true; most of Pattaya and the surrounding areas are not focused on sex.  I've lived here 9 years and I am out and about every day--in Pattaya, Jomtien, Pratamnak, Cosy Beach, Naklua, Wong Amat, and other areas.  Do I feel I am in one gigantic 'sex area'?  No.  Does Pattaya have sex areas?  Yes, you just avoid them if that's not your interest--very easy to do.  

The OP could spend an enjoyable evening watching the live Kaan theatrical show, or even the Colosseum or Tiffany's shows.  During the day he could tour the wonderful Sanctuary of Truth and then have a great seafood meal at one of the oceanfront restaurants.  Nong Nooch has beautiful, interesting gardens and several enjoyable shows.  Perhaps a drive out into the county with a visit to Silver Lake.  Or maybe the aquarium or Tiger Park.  Floating Market and Terminal 21 are fun.  Golfing, wind surfing, island trips.  Plenty to do away from the 'sex areas'.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Looks peaceful. Do you get a baht bus there?

It's quite hidden off Naklua rd. Soi 16.

I only learned about it recently.

Even though driving down Soi 16 often, I wasn't aware about it.

I think you can not get closer by baht bus than stopping on Naklua rd. corner Soi 16.

From there either motorcycle taxi or a 1 km walk.

It's here:

(lower right is corner of Naklua rd. and Soi 16)

https://goo.gl/maps/7zXhmS1DwT12

orthodox.jpg

16 hours ago, newnative said:

'Doing something away from the sex area is difficult...most of Pattaya can be considered a sex area...'   What a crock.  The opposite is true; most of Pattaya and the surrounding areas are not focused on sex.  I've lived here 9 years and I am out and about every day--in Pattaya, Jomtien, Pratamnak, Cosy Beach, Naklua, Wong Amat, and other areas.  Do I feel I am in one gigantic 'sex area'?  No.  Does Pattaya have sex areas?  Yes, you just avoid them if that's not your interest--very easy to do.  

The OP could spend an enjoyable evening watching the live Kaan theatrical show, or even the Colosseum or Tiffany's shows.  During the day he could tour the wonderful Sanctuary of Truth and then have a great seafood meal at one of the oceanfront restaurants.  Nong Nooch has beautiful, interesting gardens and several enjoyable shows.  Perhaps a drive out into the county with a visit to Silver Lake.  Or maybe the aquarium or Tiger Park.  Floating Market and Terminal 21 are fun.  Golfing, wind surfing, island trips.  Plenty to do away from the 'sex areas'.

Yes!  The Sanctuary of Truth is awesome.  Bring a camera!   It will take hours.     And Nong Nooch is nice too.   I'd prioritize in that order.     I haven't done that aquarium, thanks for the suggestion. 

Check out good restaurants, get a massage where you sit at the front of the building, rent transportation and take a ride around the area. Perhaps going to Pattaya will be a good test of your strength concerning your loyalty to your wife. I hope you pass that test. Does your wife know you visit a go go?

19 hours ago, kannot said:

Nong  Nuch  but  book a  room there and u can look around when all the hordes  have gone, great place if  u  like trees, and they have the new (as my Wife calls  it) "Dinosaurus World"

And bring your swimsuit as well. Nice large pools there.

8 minutes ago, randy723 said:

Pattaya is the sex capital of the world. Pattaya is nothing but sex. stay in your room

Most comments like that are made by 2 week tourists, people who listen too barstool talk, people who have never been too Pattaya, what they read on Thai Visa and by researching on Google.

As has been said there are many Bars away from the sleazy Sois which extend from Soi 6 through too Walking Street and up too Soi Bukhao where you can sit and relax with out being pestered by Bar Girls. Bearing in mind that won’t happen as they are too busy playing on their Mobiles.

Pattaya is a City the sleaze is a small suburb of the City, there are plenty of other stuff too occupy oneself with which has been quoted by other posters.

i have lived here for only 5 years happily settled with a Thai lady not a Bar Girl, yes it has its reputation but I never go near the sleazy Sois and find its one of the most diverse places on the planet with loads of choice.

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Most comments like that are made by 2 week tourists, people who listen too barstool talk, people who have never been too Pattaya, what they read on Thai Visa and by researching on Google.

As has been said there are many Bars away from the sleazy Sois which extend from Soi 6 through too Walking Street and up too Soi Bukhao where you can sit and relax with out being pestered by Bar Girls. Bearing in mind that won’t happen as they are too busy playing on their Mobiles.

Pattaya is a City the sleaze is a small suburb of the City, there are plenty of other stuff too occupy oneself with which has been quoted by other posters.

i have lived here for only 5 years happily settled with a Thai lady not a Bar Girl, yes it has its reputation but I never go near the sleazy Sois and find its one of the most diverse places on the planet with loads of choice.

You are still in your honeymoon phase.

2 minutes ago, adammike said:

I have had the opportunity to work and holiday in many places around the globe. I am retired and in my mid sixties and at an age where I am more than capable of forming an opinion of a place in a short period of time thank you.

10 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:
16 minutes ago, adammike said:

I have had the opportunity to work and holiday in many places around the globe. I am retired and in my mid sixties and at an age where I am more than capable of forming an opinion of a place in a short period of time thank you.

Sounds like something that someone who is still in their honeymoon phase would say, TBH.

I had an ex work colleague from the UK come for a business meeting at the Bangkok office a few years ago. He said the same thing to me. Wanted to visit a gogo bar just for a look out of curiosity - wasn't interested in partaking as he was happily married. 

Long story short, he fell head over heals for the first girl he met in cowboy and never turned up at the office for the remainder of the trip. I subsequently heard from another colleague that when he did appear home, he quit work, left the Mrs and was in the process of selling up to move to Thailand. 

Something to chew on my friend ???? 

Archived