Non-sexual Pleasures in Pattaya

Neeranam

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foot massage.  Heaven.  Weiner schnitzel dinner at Domicile restaurant.  Thai dinner (not the best dinner) but comes with a dance show and music right off second "Ruen Thai" is the name.  Semi outdoor dining.  If new to Thailand I highly recommend it.  Some song and dance acts pop up all over the place on small stages.  Just have to roam and listen.  Catch a pig roast at one of the beer bars.  Many hold them for various reasons, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.  Stop in, buy a few drinks for the staff and chat.  No need to fool around. 

Kaan show on Thepprasit - amazing - Google it.

Would second that - excellent show.

Not sure if you can get discounted tickets on site but they have a booth on the basement/food hall floor at Central Festival where you can get tickets at 50% off (or used to when I last went!).

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

33 minutes ago, Orac said:

Would second that - excellent show.

Not sure if you can get discounted tickets on site but they have a booth on the basement/food hall floor at Central Festival where you can get tickets at 50% off (or used to when I last went!).

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ridiculous overprice show, only Asian can find it good.

Hmmmm you want to visit a GoGo bar but you also want to visit areas away from the sex areas?

does your wife know you will visit a GoGo bar? If not, isn’t that being unfaithful.

mate...just relax, unload. What happens in Pattaya, stays in Pattaya.

until the wife finds out ????????

On 2/20/2019 at 7:36 PM, KhunBENQ said:

It's quite hidden off Naklua rd. Soi 16.

I only learned about it recently.

Even though driving down Soi 16 often, I wasn't aware about it.

I think you can not get closer by baht bus than stopping on Naklua rd. corner Soi 16.

From there either motorcycle taxi or a 1 km walk.

It's here:

(lower right is corner of Naklua rd. and Soi 16)

https://goo.gl/maps/7zXhmS1DwT12

orthodox.jpg

Thanks.

Actually having fun speaking Isarn too many vendors. 

One thing I refuse to get is the baht bus. I'd rather pay more than argue about the price. I remember doing that years ago.

Is there a Thai price and a foreigner price? If so, I'll wait a year or so and flash my Thai ID when I get it.

I've slagged of Pattaya for 15 years on this forum and apologize. 

Now, I realize that it IS a lot more than a sex destination. They really seemed to have cleaned up the Pattaya I was at in the past,  10, 15, 20 years ago.

I would come here again with my family.

I've met some great people, had 2 foot massages, asking for the old strong ladies lol. Some of the sexy young ladies might just throw me over the edge. I know if I did it once, it would be all the time, due to my addictive personality. 

More Indian for lunch, fish and chips for dinner.

I used to laugh at people who said they live here for the restaurants. Now, I'll come for the good food.

One thing I don't like is the way the Thais generalize everyone that's not Thai. There is really a them and us attitude. Sometimes knowing the language doesn't help.

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Now, I realize that it IS a lot more than a sex destination. They really seemed to have cleaned up the Pattaya I was at in the past,  10, 15, 20 years ago.

I've met some great people, had 2 foot massages, asking for the old strong ladies lol. Some of the sexy young ladies might just throw me over the edge. I know if I did it once, it would be all the time, due to my addictive personality. 

I used to laugh at people who said they live here for the restaurants. Now, I'll come for the good food.

One thing I don't like is the way the Thais generalize everyone that's not Thai. There is really a them and us attitude. Sometimes knowing the language doesn't help.

Pattaya didn't change, you are just less stupid about it because you are getting old.

All the high so idiots from BKK gossip Pattaya but spend all their weekends there...

It's amazing how rude and racist people can be when they tar you all with the same brush and think you can't understand what they are saying.

Sitting in a Pisa but before hitting the road and the family left to me say , "farang mun mai mee marayaat". Not talking about me but foreigners in general. Hard not to say anything to the otherwise normal looking family.

That's one reason I couldn't live in Pattaya.

A few days is fine for me.

On 2/21/2019 at 5:07 PM, gk10002000 said:

Foot massage.  Heaven.  Weiner schnitzel dinner at Domicile restaurant.  Thai dinner (not the best dinner) but comes with a dance show and music right off second "Ruen Thai" is the name.  Semi outdoor dining.  If new to Thailand I highly recommend it.  Some song and dance acts pop up all over the place on small stages.  Just have to roam and listen.  Catch a pig roast at one of the beer bars.  Many hold them for various reasons, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.  Stop in, buy a few drinks for the staff and chat.  No need to fool around. 

GOTCHA, Foot Fetish,and Pig Torture..!:drunk:

Pattaya is not the sex capital of the world , that's just a reputation from 20 years ago.  

Today it's a city like any other city in Thailand, except there are better western food choices here. 

If you play golf there are some outstanding golf courses just outside the city.  Plenty of sport activities like tennis and gyms every where if you want to stay fit.  

I prefer Pratumnak hills and the running track there for my weekly exercise. 

The point is Pattaya is anything but the sex capital of the world if you walk away from Soi 6 and WS .  And the few bars in central Pattaya.

Take that away and we still have a bustling city . 

On 2/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, Neeranam said:

Its improving but it still has a long way to go.

1. clear out all the hookers around the beach

2. rezone the bars and gentrify the <deleted> out of the beach road to second road section and push all the ugly shit back from the beach (maybe make an exception for WS and Soi 6)

3. clean the water at the beach if possible so its actually swimmable

4. attract less old sexpats and chinese package tourists

5. more greenary (turn one of those vacant lots between beach road and 2nd road into a public park (until it is ready to be developed)

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:00 PM, Neeranam said:

I'll probably visit a go go  but am faithful to my wife, so want to spend my evening doing something away from the sex area.

Last time I went inside a Walking St gogo the "music" was so loud and horrible that I didn't stay long- take earplugs.

As for the totty on display, I was never less tempted. There were even obese ones shuffling around- the horror, the horror. The best looking totty seem to be touting the show outside.

If you haven't yet gone to your convention, I always enjoyed a meal down at the lighthouse watching the sun go down, but since The Malibu Show closed I didn't find much to do ( non sexually ) after that than sit in a Walking St open air bar and watch the passing parade.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 5:08 AM, Metapod said:

Its improving but it still has a long way to go.

1. clear out all the hookers around the beach

2. rezone the bars and gentrify the <deleted> out of the beach road to second road section and push all the ugly shit back from the beach (maybe make an exception for WS and Soi 6)

3. clean the water at the beach if possible so its actually swimmable

4. attract less old sexpats and chinese package tourists

5. more greenary (turn one of those vacant lots between beach road and 2nd road into a public park (until it is ready to be developed)

I'm happy to say that IMO none of your suggestions will ever come to pass. If people don't like Pattaya as it is, they can move to Hua Hin or any of the dozens of other beach side towns in LOS.

Seems to me that many that come on here criticizing the sex industry either don't know ( noobs ) or don't care that Pattaya as it is wouldn't even exist without those ladies of the night. Pattaya was built on the backs of prostitutes, and all those that like living in Pattaya should be eternally grateful for their service.

Archived