Business visa

My topic was moved. I dont know what it means. While I was messaging a potential contact. 

Anyway, I personally want to visit Thailand to scout for places where my friends and I could set up a business. We have a great thing going elsewhere and we would like to replicate the model t/here too. 

Can I do that as a tourist? 

Pls answer before you move this as well ????

*****Tiffany Derekson

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

If your just "scouting out" some future options in los, can't see that (strictly speaking) is working. You could come on a tourist visa, which gives you 60 days which you can extend by 30. Or visa exempt depending on your passport. 

Dutch passport. what do you mean by visa exempt? is that what you are stamped on arrival? 

Edited by TiffDerek
removed q tag

6 minutes ago, TiffDerek said:

Is this a forum for retirees? Then I am going to have to move myself eksewhere! 

It's not only for retirees, but many posters are retirees. This part of the forum is mainly for questions related to visas & extensions of visas. Your post probably was moved to the Pattaya section of the Thai Visa website.

Ubonjoe is one of the forum moderators and he could best advise you where to post your different questions.

Edited by BertM

7 minutes ago, TiffDerek said:

Dutch passport. what do you mean by visa exempt? is that what you are stamped on arrival? 

Your topic was moved for not being visa related.

A 30 day visa exempt entry is what you get if you do not have a visa when you enter the country if you qualify for one.

3 minutes ago, TiffDerek said:

Is this a forum for retirees? Then I am going to have to move myself elsewhere! 

Is for all ages. This is visa to thai and related.

Being dutch you can arrive visa exempt and be given 30 day stamp. Which you can then extend by 30 days. Many options.

Just to add for your future plans...

There are many threads regarding what is required to work in Thailand. You can use search function to gain lot of info and then post about questions you have. As mentioned above....ubonjoe is a wealth of info and can advise on specific questions.

39 minutes ago, TiffDerek said:

Anyway, I personally want to visit Thailand to scout for places where my friends and I could set up a business.

Yes, you can do this on a tourist visa / visa exempt.

It would also not be possible for you to get a business visa for this.

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Yes, you can do this on a tourist visa / visa exempt.

It would also not be possible for you to get a business visa for this.

Hi! 

No bar on throwing a small private party right? Even if it is with a view to going into business in the near future? Will this get out? 

Edited by TiffDerek
$$$

8 minutes ago, TiffDerek said:

why do they do that? is that a native comment? ????

It is not a naive comment. Thai rules concerning setting up a business here are not so simple and have requirements that may make it difficult esp in reference to your op comment "where my friends and I could set up business...."

I suggested earlier you should have already read the many threads about topics....business visas, setting up business in Thailand etc.

The sort of stuff that business people tend to do. Research.

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It is not a naive comment. Thai rules concerning setting up a business here are not so simple and have requirements that may make it difficult esp in reference to your op comment "where my friends and I could set up business...."

I suggested earlier you should have already read the many threads about topics....business visas, setting up business in Thailand etc.

I did not use that word Sir. I wrote native. And I wasnt really pointing that thing at you. Am sorry. Why are the rules tough to get a handle on?                 Cheers.... Tiffany

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I tried but soon I began to feel more like an historian than a businessperson. Stupid me sometimes.