Human error and outdated IT led to Hakeem al-Araibi's detention, says Australian border force official

webfact

4 hours ago, ttrd said:

An apologize for Thai's means admitting wrongdoing - admitting wrongdoing means loss of face - so better to deny ... :coffee1:

australia after all is really not so modern and human as many like to think...once i visited a friend and on my way out (!) I experienced ed their narrow minderness and inabilitys..also on the way in it looked and felt unreal like one would enter an enormus ekectronic surveilance jail....aussie in the eightys was easy going open and my place of choice...coming back and beeing confronted with the " modern" aussie system on many levels i got freighted at least to say... conclude: no surprise an inocent footballer would face extradiction to a torture country because somenody by " mistake" forgot how a computer is working...

8 hours ago, ttrd said:

An apologize for Thai's means admitting wrongdoing - admitting wrongdoing means loss of face - so better to deny ... :coffee1:

Yes, and once again the almost daily occurrence of someone not reading the post properly in order to do a bit of Thai bashing!:-

"Outram ................. “The officer in this case forgot to send an email. It’s as simple as that,” he said. However, he declined to apologise to al-Araibi, saying his detention could have occurred by some other means too, such as direct contact between Bahrain and Thailand."

Image may contain: 1 person

No one has mentioned it yet but it appears a response to the red notice was enacted upon fairly quickly. Which brings me to a certain Red Bull Jr who is still flirting around under threat of a red notice. They seem to work............??????

8 hours ago, StevieAus said:

So what form of communication do you suggest they use registered mail?

I see you are trying to be funny, but that's a fail.

I would expect Interpol to have a peer-to-peer network for delivering messages among members. Whatever system they have, it's not email, it must be peer-to-peer.

23 hours ago, StevieAus said:

That’s good considering the Brits cannot even deport people with terrorist links who are allowed to stay in the country because the European Court says it’s ok 

Thats why we have Brexit sick of Europe telling us howto run our own affairs 

16 hours ago, manarak said:

I see you are trying to be funny, but that's a fail.

I would expect Interpol to have a peer-to-peer network for delivering messages among members. Whatever system they have, it's not email, it must be peer-to-peer.

It will never happen even within a country and between organizations there needs to be a paper trail word of mouth is not accepted.

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

It will never happen even within a country and between organizations there needs to be a paper trail word of mouth is not accepted.

what are you on about?

in a peer-to-peer network you have all the audit trails and backup you want and more

Archived