Bus driver arrested over theft from British and Australian tourists in Kanchanaburi

webfact

Driver arrested over theft from tourists

By The Nation

562000001841905.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

A chartered bus driver was arrested for allegedly stealing cash from an Australian and two Britons while they were visiting Kanchanaburi on Tuesday using his bus service.

Lt Col Suebsak Phansueb, Kanchanaburi tourist police inspector, said Seksit Saikaew, 34, was arrested on Tuesday evening after the tourists filed a complaint.

Australian Harry Stephen and Anthony Robert and Carol Susan said their bags were searched and cash stolen after they left the bus to visit the Chongkhao Khat war memorial.

562000001841901.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

While police were interrogating other tourists, they noticed Seksit looked suspicious so he was searched and found with Bt8,800, US$82 and £20.

Seksit said another driver, Kanchit Kaewmanee, asked him to join the searching for valuables from tourist bags while they were visiting the memorial.

Police said Kanchit fled and they were looking for him. Seksit claimed that Kanchit was the one who searched the bags while he watched the tourists.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30364450

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-20

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Seksit said another driver, Kanchit Kaewmanee, asked him to join the searching for valuables from tourist bags while they were visiting the memorial.

Never accept responsibility, always blame someone else when caught.

I notice it doesn't say if the cash retrieved from the driver was the total amount missing?

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Dear Sexit, thanks for ruining the very good Thai reputation..now go sex it in jail for some years.

Wonder why it came to my mind that soon we will read about a taxi driver that return forgotten valuables in his car to a happy tourist ... :whistling:

1 minute ago, ttrd said:

Wonder why it came to my mind that soon we will read about a taxi driver will return forgotten valuables in his car to a happy tourist ... :whistling:

I bet it will be all over the Aussie and UK newspapers today....causing loads of tourists to book another country as their holiday destination....som na na.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Seksit claimed that Kanchit was the one who searched the bags while he watched the tourists.

So, how come you, Seksit, are the one with all the money in your pocket, or did Kanchit pass it all over before high tailing away from the scene..........

Kanchanaburi police wont do anything to the bus driver. Maybe give him a medal. Pricks are the most racist police ive met. Aholes threatened to put me in prison for videoing them trying to get me to pay money to criminals that were lighting fires in the forest behind my house which is supposed to be an immediate 7yrs prison. They said my dog bit them but it didnt. I paid and was forced to delete my phone photos. Racist much? These pricks are still lighting fires everyday, logging, drugs,living illegally on other peoples land, gambling, etc.

Screwed up country needs to hang in its head in shame.

oops... a bit off topic.

3 hours ago, fruitman said:

I bet it will be all over the Aussie and UK newspapers today....causing loads of tourists to book another country as their holiday destination....som na na.

The level of integrity is found wanting . Maybe due to low pay or greed.? Giving Buddhism a bad name. 

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Wonder how long this "business" has been going on before he finally got caught?

In Singapore , the police assumed you committed the same crime at least 10 times before being caught and fine you accordingly. The same for customs. 

Archived