About to get blacklisted, where to go from now?

shocky2012

What about Malaysia? Queen's English spoken by many, KL has a big nightlife, a flamboyant transgender was just telling us how they love Penang because it's so mellow yet KL is a great party place for them. 
We (US passports) get an automatic 3 month visa-free to start and flights are dirt cheap with AirAsia. 
Money goes far, not quite as cheap as Thailand but still cheap.
Excellent mass transit systems that Thailand can only dream about, far better air quality also.
Worth a look.

A " flamboyant transgender " is a " they" !

I guess if you flout the laws of the country that you go to, nobody is going to want you.  Go home. 

But the police and military and politicians and the rich and certain other " unmentionables" can even get away with murder and this petty fool talks about " flouting "!

On 2/22/2019 at 11:02 AM, jimn said:

What a petty statement. The OP asked where to go now, I suggested home. Whats wrong with that? By the way I am not the one getting blacklisted so I dont have to worry about it.

Because he’s here for a reason. Just like yourself. So, I guess use your brain?

6 hours ago, lust said:

Because he’s here for a reason. Just like yourself. So, I guess use your brain?

What's that supposed to mean? Yes, we are all here for a reason and we obey the law.

Is that different in your country? Anybody who wants to stay can just stay, never mind the visa regulations?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 2:32 AM, Monkeyrobot said:

What about Japan if you can afford it. 

Japan has a great gay scene if you know the language. However it isn't a matter of affording it. It is a matter of how to get a visa. If the OP has a degree he can teach there. Japan is one of the funnest countries to be an expat in as a gay person. Sex 99% of the time is free. 

19 hours ago, orchis said:

is Laos a possibility?

Getting a visa in Laos isn't straight forward. You can get a visa to work there if you simply find a guesthouse or business that can make the stamp.You will pretty much be volunteering there and will be working for free. They allow unlimited visa runs but the problem you will find is Thailand only allows two land crossings a year. Also if the OP is blacklisted that is a no go. I suppose you could fly to Siem Reap and turn back this would become a bit expensive.

There is no real gay scene in Laos. Nobody cares if you are gay they just think of you as an ugly ladyboy. lol However even in the capitol there may be 2 bars and on any given night you will find one of them is probably already out of business. 

I lived in Laos a long time and can confidently say the Lao government are doing everything in their power to make it an undesirable place not just for gays and foreigners but everybody. At one point Lao was the backpackers darling but not anymore. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 9:45 PM, shocky2012 said:

One of the thing that i enjoy the most about Thailand is, while im not looking gay at all and most people think im straight, i can openly tell to whoever ask me if i have a girlfriend that i am gay and it doesnt pose a problem at all. Im not actively telling people but if someone ask me i tell them the truth. Thats something that ill definitely miss of Thailand but if i can find something similar somewhere else then that would be great. Ive heard great feedback about Vietnam, Indonesia (specifically Bali) and even some part of China. 

I did visit Phnom Penh in 2014 (Ironically for my last visa run) and it was good. Ive enjoyed my time there but i hardly can see myself living there. 

Even though its far, Philippines might also be a possibility that im looking for. 

Where did you guys travel before? Did you had any favorite places?

Thanks for your feedback

Philippines, with a gun toting dictator in control, the very catholic church second in control poor human rights. Seems like up there with Cambodia or Vietnam 

Archived