BANGKOK 22 March 2019 02:46

This is not strictly a VISA-related question but I will ask anyway. Is DeeMoney strictly ONE-WAY??? in other words can I only make transfers to Thai banks from the USA and NOT the other way around? I'm sure that has been discussed to death, but I never saw it. A simple sentence would answer my question.

Absolutely pointless for me to have. How do I transfer funds from USA to my Thai bank? I thought that was was what transfer services did. Saved me . trip to Bangkok. I need transfer of my 65 thousand baht into my Thai bank account. Now, the new IDD rules seem to indicate that Bangkok Bank is not my only option. What do I do in this cas? I am struggling with the failure of a relationship and trying to deal with confusing paperwork at the same time. Would a visa service ameliorate my problems..  I need help and advice fast. Thank you, No Marriage visa in the works now unless things change.

Just now, KhunFred said:

Absolutely pointless for me to have. How do I transfer funds from USA to my Thai bank? I thought that was was what transfer services did. Saved me 

DeeMoney is for transferring funds "out" of Thailand....you can't use them to transfer money in.

Now Transferwise is the reverse as they are for transferring money into Thailand but you can't use them to transfer out.  

30 minutes ago, Pib said:

DeeMoney is for transferring funds "out" of Thailand....you can't use them to transfer money in.

Now Transferwise is the reverse as they are for transferring money into Thailand but you can't use them to transfer out.  

Duly noted. Now what is the method to transfer funds into Thailand and still be able to pay your stateside bills?  

It hasn't been discussed to death. Mainly because most are aware and if not do simple Goole search. But hey why not add to op almost daily threads about not much.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

It hasn't been discussed to death. Mainly because most are aware and if not do simple Goole search. But hey why not add to op almost daily threads about not much.

Thank you for your insult. It must be great to know everything. You are incredibly rude.  I am seeking information, that is the purpose of a forum. Admins should be busy deleting your kind of posts. I can't read everything on this board because of handicaps. Think about what you would do in such a situation and try to be a bit more tolerant and understanding, instead of spewing acid all over the forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunFred said:

Thank you for your insult. It must be great to know everything. You are incredibly rude.  I am seeking information, that is the purpose of a forum. Admins should be busy deleting your kind of posts. I can't read everything on this board because of handicaps. Think about what you would do in such a situation and try to be a bit more tolerant and understanding, instead of spewing acid all over the forum.

You can use SWIFT transfer to transfer money from US to Thailand. You can also use Transferwise. If using Transferwise, it is better to use Bangkok bank because people have reported coding issues with other bank. So Bangkok bank is coding transfer from US to Thailand using Transferwise as FTT. Occasionally they also miss. SWIFT is the the only guaranteed way to get the right coding into banks of Thailand. 

• Like 1

use your own bank and suck up the charges (each incoming wire for me from Citibank is $45

17 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Duly noted. Now what is the method to transfer funds into Thailand and still be able to pay your stateside bills?  

Assuming you have a US bank account to have your govt benefits sent to such as Social Security pension then use that bank account to pay US bills and fund Transferwise transfers into your Thai bank account.  Or use SWIFT to get money to your Thai bank account.   Do you have a US bank account?

Edited by Pib

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

KhunFred,

Sorry for some people being insulting. It occurs all the time on this forum. Just have to ignore... as for your question, there are several ways, but here is just one:

- Keep a US bank account, search for best one with cheapest international transfer fees, have your pension, SS or whatever income you have deposited and pay your US bills online from that bank. Do your overseas transfers using SWIFT (international transfers) to your Thai bank. You can link the two accounts. Better to transfer USD to Thailand then convert to THB here.

- You need to open a Thai bank account. They have FCD (USD foreign currency) accounts & THB accounts. You can transfer USD and let it sit in the FCD account until you want to convert to THB or have just a THB account and let the Thai bank convert it to THB when it arrives at the going rate that day.

I have Citibank, Thailand USD & THB accounts. I transfer USD from Chase Bank in US to Citibank, Thailand, then convert to THB when it is convenient. Chase Bank doesn't charge me anything for my international xfers due to my Private Client status. Citibank, Thailand has a little better currency rate than Kasikorn Bank. I use the 400k & 800k method and xfer from Citi to Kasikorn Bank. Kasikorn has an office at Immigration so that makes it easy. Citi doesn't have passbooks and probably doesn't qualify as a Thai bank anyway. Hope that helps a little.

With kind regards...

Edited by BertM

1 hour ago, BertM said:

Chase Bank doesn't charge me anything for my international xfers due to my Private Client status.

What's private client status. How can I have one? Is this privilege earned by money, by becoming famous, or by connection with bank management? I am a chase bank account holder for more than a decade and circulated more than a million dollar through their banking system in all those years. Can I get one?

Edited by onera1961
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

What's private client status. How can I have one? Is this privilege earned by money, by becoming famous, or by connection with bank management?

You have to keep minimum balance of $250,000 USD in assets (savings, checking, CDs, etc.)

Edited by BertM

I got nothing out of this thread. I had my SS payment coming into Bangkok Bank for a while and had to move it back temporarily to cover bills. If I bring all my money to Thailand I can't pay my bills. Will DeeMoney transfer money to my credit card accounts???