DeeMoney and transfers

This is not strictly a VISA-related question but I will ask anyway. Is DeeMoney strictly ONE-WAY??? in other words can I only make transfers to Thai banks from the USA and NOT the other way around? I'm sure that has been discussed to death, but I never saw it. A simple sentence would answer my question.

Absolutely pointless for me to have. How do I transfer funds from USA to my Thai bank? I thought that was was what transfer services did. Saved me . trip to Bangkok. I need transfer of my 65 thousand baht into my Thai bank account. Now, the new IDD rules seem to indicate that Bangkok Bank is not my only option. What do I do in this cas? I am struggling with the failure of a relationship and trying to deal with confusing paperwork at the same time. Would a visa service ameliorate my problems..  I need help and advice fast. Thank you, No Marriage visa in the works now unless things change.

Just now, KhunFred said:

Absolutely pointless for me to have. How do I transfer funds from USA to my Thai bank? I thought that was was what transfer services did. Saved me 

DeeMoney is for transferring funds "out" of Thailand....you can't use them to transfer money in.

Now Transferwise is the reverse as they are for transferring money into Thailand but you can't use them to transfer out.  

30 minutes ago, Pib said:

DeeMoney is for transferring funds "out" of Thailand....you can't use them to transfer money in.

Now Transferwise is the reverse as they are for transferring money into Thailand but you can't use them to transfer out.  

Duly noted. Now what is the method to transfer funds into Thailand and still be able to pay your stateside bills?  

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

It hasn't been discussed to death. Mainly because most are aware and if not do simple Goole search. But hey why not add to op almost daily threads about not much.

Thank you for your insult. It must be great to know everything. You are incredibly rude.  I am seeking information, that is the purpose of a forum. Admins should be busy deleting your kind of posts. I can't read everything on this board because of handicaps. Think about what you would do in such a situation and try to be a bit more tolerant and understanding, instead of spewing acid all over the forum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunFred said:

Thank you for your insult. It must be great to know everything. You are incredibly rude.  I am seeking information, that is the purpose of a forum. Admins should be busy deleting your kind of posts. I can't read everything on this board because of handicaps. Think about what you would do in such a situation and try to be a bit more tolerant and understanding, instead of spewing acid all over the forum.

You can use SWIFT transfer to transfer money from US to Thailand. You can also use Transferwise. If using Transferwise, it is better to use Bangkok bank because people have reported coding issues with other bank. So Bangkok bank is coding transfer from US to Thailand using Transferwise as FTT. Occasionally they also miss. SWIFT is the the only guaranteed way to get the right coding into banks of Thailand. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Duly noted. Now what is the method to transfer funds into Thailand and still be able to pay your stateside bills?  

Assuming you have a US bank account to have your govt benefits sent to such as Social Security pension then use that bank account to pay US bills and fund Transferwise transfers into your Thai bank account.  Or use SWIFT to get money to your Thai bank account.   Do you have a US bank account?

Edited by Pib

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

KhunFred,

Sorry for some people being insulting. It occurs all the time on this forum. Just have to ignore... as for your question, there are several ways, but here is just one:

- Keep a US bank account, search for best one with cheapest international transfer fees, have your pension, SS or whatever income you have deposited and pay your US bills online from that bank. Do your overseas transfers using SWIFT (international transfers) to your Thai bank. You can link the two accounts. Better to transfer USD to Thailand then convert to THB here.

- You need to open a Thai bank account. They have FCD (USD foreign currency) accounts & THB accounts. You can transfer USD and let it sit in the FCD account until you want to convert to THB or have just a THB account and let the Thai bank convert it to THB when it arrives at the going rate that day.

I have Citibank, Thailand USD & THB accounts. I transfer USD from Chase Bank in US to Citibank, Thailand, then convert to THB when it is convenient. Chase Bank doesn't charge me anything for my international xfers due to my Private Client status. Citibank, Thailand has a little better currency rate than Kasikorn Bank. I use the 400k & 800k method and xfer from Citi to Kasikorn Bank. Kasikorn has an office at Immigration so that makes it easy. Citi doesn't have passbooks and probably doesn't qualify as a Thai bank anyway. Hope that helps a little.

With kind regards...

Edited by BertM

1 hour ago, BertM said:

Chase Bank doesn't charge me anything for my international xfers due to my Private Client status.

What's private client status. How can I have one? Is this privilege earned by money, by becoming famous, or by connection with bank management? I am a chase bank account holder for more than a decade and circulated more than a million dollar through their banking system in all those years. Can I get one?

Edited by onera1961
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

What's private client status. How can I have one? Is this privilege earned by money, by becoming famous, or by connection with bank management?

You have to keep minimum balance of $250,000 USD in assets (savings, checking, CDs, etc.)

Edited by BertM

I got nothing out of this thread. I had my SS payment coming into Bangkok Bank for a while and had to move it back temporarily to cover bills. If I bring all my money to Thailand I can't pay my bills. Will DeeMoney transfer money to my credit card accounts???

23 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Will DeeMoney transfer money to my credit card accounts???

I think it can be done since they do the transfers via MoneyGram. I assume you can send the payments to a bank account tied to the credit card company.

You could also transfer it to a bank account and use online banking to pay the bills or send it to somebody and have them pay the bills.

37 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

I got nothing out of this thread. I had my SS payment coming into Bangkok Bank for a while and had to move it back temporarily to cover bills. If I bring all my money to Thailand I can't pay my bills. Will DeeMoney transfer money to my credit card accounts???

Bring enough money into into Thailand to cover the 65k baht each month, maybe using Transferwise or Swift. If that sometimes leaves you short of money to satisfy your US commitments, send some money back to the US using Dee Money as and when you need to (even monthly if necessary).

57 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

If your SS payment comes directly here, and you need to pay bills back there, you could use Dee Money to send a chunk of money back to your USA Bank, then pay your USA bills from the USA account. 

If your SS payment goes directly to your USA Account, you can pay your USA bills first, then make SWIFT transfers to Thailand (to be sure they show up as foreign-sourced transfers). 

The key, is that you must have 65K Baht/mo sent every month to Thailand.  If there is less than this amount left after paying USA-bills, then you would need to have the money come to Thailand first (meeting the 65K Baht minimum), then transfer back what you need for USA-bills.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Would a visa service ameliorate my problems..  I need help and advice fast. Thank you, No Marriage visa in the works now unless things change.

I have seen your post elsewhere of similar content. A Visa service should be regarded as a facilitator, but whether it suits you is personal. They seem to be able to obtain 1 year extensions for people who do not meet the requirements, or people who do, but don't want the bother of doing it themselves. I have heard of people who don't even have local bank accounts being helped. First question is can you pony up their fees? I have heard of 15,000 to 30,000 baht being required, depending on how much help you need. 

I regard that as a substantial deterrent, but one years peace of mind may be worth it.

40 minutes ago, smedly said:

can someone explain how the Deemoney transfer works, I have a Bangkok Bank account here in Thailand - how do you transfer the money to Deemoney to facilitate the transfer out of the country

You sign up with them and when you get all sorted you follow the instructions on a youtube video they give you to connect your Bangkok Bank account to your Dee Money account. You can do this from a Bangkok Bank ATM machine. Then on your phone you can just put in your details and it takes the money from your BB account and sends it to where you say. There are also a couple other methods they list as well. Topic is covered more in depth in a few other posts. But this should answer your question.

13 minutes ago, johnjohn2 said:

You sign up with them and when you get all sorted you follow the instructions on a youtube video they give you to connect your Bangkok Bank account to your Dee Money account. You can do this from a Bangkok Bank ATM machine. Then on your phone you can just put in your details and it takes the money from your BB account and sends it to where you say. There are also a couple other methods they list as well. Topic is covered more in depth in a few other posts. But this should answer your question.

so could I also do this online without the phone app ? I do not have an ATM card (by choice)

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

so could I also do this online without the phone app ? I do not have an ATM card (by choice)

The Bangkok Bank online banking (Bualuang iBanking) is pretty good and I am sure it will do what you need. Although having a phone tied to the account is part of the security verification.

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The Bangkok Bank online banking (Bualuang iBanking) is pretty good and I am sure it will do what you need. Although having a phone tied to the account is part of the security verification.

ok thx for the info and taking the time to answer my questions

8 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

When baht is becoming stronger

We're paying in GBP and charged in GBP so the cost HAS come down slightly (by 15p)......... but I would bet on the first comment would have to be a negative one.

And it should have said £6.96 to £6.81. Cut/paste didn't work properly.

Edited by sumrit