Korat Immigration retirement extension

Lefty

2 hours ago, Justin Side said:

Do it yourself and stay legal.????

Agent extensions are legal, I even got the usual Thai immigration receipt in my passport, there seems to be some confusion with some of you in Thai visa land who think that agent extensions are illegal, quite the opposite actually, it's all done by a senior officer who can waive the money in the bank etc etc with the stroke of a pen, (as the saying goes, 'The pen is mightier than the sword') 

Let me give you an example, 7 or 8 years ago 800k was about 15 or 16 k £ GBP, today it is closer to 20k £ GBP so do I move that amount of money from the UK and effectively lose 4 or 5 k £ GBP or once a year I pay an agent around 15 k Baht ?? a no brainer really is it.

But hey if you have money to burn/waste go ahead.

11 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Agent extensions are legal, I even got the usual Thai immigration receipt in my passport, there seems to be some confusion with some of you in Thai visa land who think that agent extensions are illegal, quite the opposite actually, it's all done by a senior officer who can waive the money in the bank etc etc with the stroke of a pen, (as the saying goes, 'The pen is mightier than the sword') 

Let me give you an example, 7 or 8 years ago 800k was about 15 or 16 k £ GBP, today it is closer to 20k £ GBP so do I move that amount of money from the UK and effectively lose 4 or 5 k £ GBP or once a year I pay an agent around 15 k Baht ?? a no brainer really is it.

But hey if you have money to burn/waste go ahead.

Who is the agent and what did he charge?

11 minutes ago, Mansell said:

Who is the agent and what did he charge?

As far as I am aware there are no agents in Korat, I made some online enquiries for a friend who lives in that neck of the woods and has no internet and wouldn't know how to use a PC anyway, but it used to be possible to come to Patts for a few days and use a local agent here, but with the new regulations coming in that option may have gone out the window. 

1 minute ago, Golden Triangle said:

As far as I am aware there are no agents in Korat, I made some online enquiries for a friend who lives in that neck of the woods and has no internet and wouldn't know how to use a PC anyway, but it used to be possible to come to Patts for a few days and use a local agent here, but with the new regulations coming in that option may have gone out the window. 

I was told last night that a guy was on two years overstay, and an agent got him sorted for 75,000 baht. Supposedly the IO had stamps for all the surrounding countries and just created an in and out history with them.....problem solved.

1 minute ago, Mansell said:

I was told last night that a guy was on two years overstay, and an agent got him sorted for 75,000 baht. Supposedly the IO had stamps for all the surrounding countries and just created an in and out history with them.....problem solved.

and you believe him?  Sounds a bit far fetched to me. 

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

4 hours ago, Pilotman said:

No idea if it would be of any help for you,or your friends reasons,but,I have used a very good office in NakhonRatchasima,for sorting out a few problems for me over the years,new passport,marriage,will,they also do airline tickets,not many of those in Korat,the lady in charge has her main lawyer contact,if necessary, in Bangkok,it's all legal,and a fair price for work done.

5 minutes ago, eddysmit said:

No idea if it would be of any help for you,or your friends reasons,but,I have used a very good office in NakhonRatchasima,for sorting out a few problems for me over the years,new passport,marriage,will,they also do airline tickets,not many of those in Korat,the lady in charge has her main lawyer contact,if necessary, in Bangkok,it's all legal,and a fair price for work done.

having a load of in/out stamps for various countries most definitely is not legal. 

11 hours ago, Pilotman said:

a long time and this stretches the truth somewhat.  

Can we get back to the original question,namely has anyone used the income method

monthly transfers at Korat Immigration?

Lefty

15 hours ago, Lefty said:

Can we get back to the original question,namely has anyone used the income method

monthly transfers at Korat Immigration?

Lefty

I extended my retirement visa there in January via income (BE )letter . Asked about situation going forward given my transfers are via an fx company consequently showing as 'domestic transfer' on my Kasikorn statement. I showed an audit trail but they couldn’t understand (perhaps because it was so new then). This will be your issue unless doing expensive Swift transfers via a uk bank . They are usually a reasonable office to deal with but check your own transfer situation and maybe visit  them beforehand for clarification if you are in a similar position to me and many others. If you discover anything new I would be interested to hear.

Archived