Koi filter design concrete

Hi, I am building my koi pond and i want to make the concrete filter box. Can anyone share ideas or photos with what you have made and tell me where i should put the pump (either in the pond or the filter box). The pond will be 2mtr by 1.8mtr and 40cm deep. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't think the pond is deep enough, i've a pond about 1.5M deep at one end and about 0.5m at the other end. It's important for the temp, ie they hang out in deeper water when ambient air temp is excessive and vice versa for when it's cooler. 

The shallow end of the pool is fed by a small waterfall and stream from the filter box, the pump is in there that feeds the waterfall. The filter box is fed by a 4" line from the deepest point of the pond. The filter box has 4 compartments, with a combination of small stones and mesh.

I will send you some photo's over the weekend, easier than explaining.

I'm no expert by any means, i'm sure there is people on here with much more knowledge, just letting you know what i have.

My fish are not Koi ( don't think so anway ). They range in size from mayber 4-6" in length up to about 12-14" in length, all sorts of groovy colours. Most of them are fat as <deleted> like all the other animals i own.... They seem to be pretty robust as there's not many deaths and i'm sure the filter system is far from perfect, i beleive Koi are a bit more tempramental?

2 minutes ago, crickets said:

thanks....how many watts is the pump and round about elec bill... i am thinking 200 watt pump...cheers

Not sure of the pump specs, i'd say it's negligable to the electric bill.

They were in the region of 6-8K a month before the pond and i've not noticed any significant change.

Archived