Police investigate motorbike hoons in Patong

webfact

Police investigate motorbike hoons in Patong

By The Thaiger

52748204_1394007270741447_34242466003969

PHOTOS: Patong Police

Patong Police are investigating alleged foreign motorbike racing gangs in Patong after a viral video clip in local social media.

The Patong Police report that the clip of tourists who have been driving their motorbikes at high speed around the streets of Patong has been very popular and provided them with a lot of information about the locations, the bikes and the riders.

Police are now investigating the incident to find the people on the bikes so they can charge them and take legal action.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/police-investigate-motorbike-hoons-in-patong

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-21

3 minutes ago, wjhall said:

Hoons??

If Thai police were to have mobile police units that could catch these idiot bikers, which includes Thai as well a non-Thai, they just might advance into modern policing.

34 minutes ago, Benmart said:

If Thai police were to have mobile police units that could catch these idiot bikers, which includes Thai as well a non-Thai, they just might advance into modern policing.

A hoon, in Australia and New Zealand, is a person who deliberately drives a vehicle in a reckless or dangerous manner, generally i

2 hours ago, davemos said:

A hoon, in Australia and New Zealand, is a person who deliberately drives a vehicle in a reckless or dangerous manner, generally i

Thanks. That's a new word for my vocabulary.  I certainly shall use it often as where I live it probably applies to 50% of motorcycle riders and 25% of car drivers.

I thought someone who is actually in Phuket and affected by this should comment so I have. ????

My bet it that its the young 'French Arab' types who have ghettoised the south end of Nanai. They frequently use the traffic lights in Kamala as start points for drag racing as well. They don't like being laughed at (allegedly ????) when they screw up their starts and stall their bikes. 

1 hour ago, Psimbo said:

I thought someone who is actually in Phuket and affected by this should comment so I have. ????

My bet it that its the young 'French Arab' types who have ghettoised the south end of Nanai. They frequently use the traffic lights in Kamala as start points for drag racing as well. They don't like being laughed at (allegedly ????) when they screw up their starts and stall their bikes. 

I'd put money on that bet too...........they are bloody idiots and endanger other folks lives. If one crashed his bike and was hurt, I would simply drive by and say, "som nam na''. 

Having said that there are a few idiot Italians here riding in a similar manner. 

Archived