IS teenager Shamima Begum will not be allowed into Bangladesh

webfact

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

It will be declared.... by the UN, you are not allowed to make one of your citizens stateless. Pretty clear cut really, they stripped one of their citizens of her nationality without using due care to ensure she had or could obtain another nationality, Bangladesh is quite adamant there, she wont get a passport from them, the ball is back in the UK's court, they broke international law. The fact that I and most other Brits feel she should stay where she is doesn't enter into it.

No one, but no one adheres to UN resolutions. A toothless tiger. Nothing to do with the UN. It will ultimately end up with the European Court of Human Rights.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, soalbundy said:

It will be declared.... by the UN, you are not allowed to make one of your citizens stateless. Pretty clear cut really, they stripped one of their citizens of her nationality without using due care to ensure she had or could obtain another nationality, Bangladesh is quite adamant there, she wont get a passport from them, the ball is back in the UK's court, they broke international law. The fact that I and most other Brits feel she should stay where she is doesn't enter into it.

She is eligible to receive Bangledeshi citizenship through parentage , therefore she isnt stateless 

13 minutes ago, vogie said:

She managed to make it to Syria without a passport, making it to Bangladesh should be a walk in the desert.

That doesn't give her Bangladesh citizenship, probably prison for illegal entry and an appeal to the UN or the ECJ to make Britain take her back.

Just now, sanemax said:

She is eligible to receive Bangledeshi citizenship through parentage , therefore she isnt stateless 

But she hasn't got Bangladeshi citizenship currently. The Bangladeshis are denying that she has that right.

She, personally would have to fight the Bangladeshi decision. Can't see her doing that.

Just now, sanemax said:

That isn't true, up until the age of 21 she can apply for Citizenship in Bangladesh due to the nationality of her mother, that doesn't mean it has to be approved.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

No one, but no one adheres to UN resolutions. A toothless tiger. Nothing to do with the UN. It will ultimately end up with the European Court of Human Rights.

Whatever, they will find in favour for her as the UK has breached international law. She may even be able to sue the UK after that causing even more costs to the UK and giving her a nice big house in the UK with plenty to live on like a princess after that. Maybe she can send some to a local terror cell.

Dear "Spidey" Government, court, potato, tomato. I'm sure you understood the context of it. Next time I will use "authorities" or "the powers that be" and it will save you and others who want to get technical on certain matters writing the obvious. Hopefully as you say it will be a very lengthy process that will take years, and if she does ultimately survive and gets her citizenship reinstated, she has to make her own way across the Mediterranean on a boat or a piece of wood. If we lucky, she will stay where she is.

She had her chance at the good life in the UK.

She blew it when she went to the middle east and supported (and shagged) men (if you can call them that-more like dogs)  who were well up for killing just about anyone including their own western countrymen.

I have seen videos of these bastards setting fire to their prisoners...ghastly.....and she thinks we should all have sympathy for her because she was "young and did not know what I was doing"

Just **** OFF you piece of S*it.

She must never set foot on British soil again

1 minute ago, SweetStickyRice said:

Dear "Spidey" Government, court, potato, tomato. I'm sure you understood the context of it. Next time I will use "authorities" or "the powers that be" and it will save you and others who want to get technical on certain matters writing the obvious. Hopefully as you say it will be a very lengthy process that will take years, and if she does ultimately survive and gets her citizenship reinstated, she has to make her own way across the Mediterranean on a boat or a piece of wood. If we lucky, she will stay where she is.

If she does have her citizenship re-instated, as I'm sure at some point she will, some NGO, Amnesty International, UNHCR, or any one of the 27 organisations that aid refugees, will fly her back to Heathrow, business class.

Just now, Snow Leopard said:

Leave them there to let the Syrians decide. 

That would be a way out, give her back her UK citizenship and let Syria put her on trial for acts of terror, should get her the death penalty or life imprisonment, the child can be given to her grandparents.

20 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

That doesn't give her Bangladesh citizenship, probably prison for illegal entry and an appeal to the UN or the ECJ to make Britain take her back.

My post was sarcasm. I would imagine that someone that leaves the UK in order to join an uncivilised organisation that cuts our heads off and more, and indeed isn't fazed about seeing decapitated heads in rubbish bins will be welcomed back into the UK with open arms.

The law is an ass.

3 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

If she does return to the UK they should take her kid off her straight away for starters. How can she be deemed a good and fit mother? I would love to see the lawyers and social workers battle that one out in Beffnel Green.  

I doubt that she'll be going to Bethnell Green. She'll probably insist on a nice apartment in Kensington and Chelsea.

If Shamima really had Bangladeshi citizenship and if she had been older when she went to Syria, then I would think it fair enough not to let back into Britain.

But supposing her name had been Sharon instead of Shamima, and instead of going off on a foolish quest to Syria aged 15, she had had a love affair with a man, I feel quite sure that most of the Thai Visa mob so keen to see her suffer would instead be insisting she was a "victim", too young to know what she was doing (however enthusiastic she had been), and they would incidentally be calling for her lover to be beaten to death in prison for misleading a "child".

2 minutes ago, SweetStickyRice said:

Dear "Spidey" If it's business class she will fly back to Heathrow then I hope the British make her leave behind those explosive clogs she has acquired in Syria that you've previously mentioned.

If she returns to the UK, she'll probably exchange them for "Semtex sandals". All the rage amongst young Moslems in London.

3 minutes ago, jrmaanda said:

If Shamima really had Bangladeshi citizenship and if she had been older when she went to Syria, then I would think it fair enough not to let back into Britain.

But supposing her name had been Sharon instead of Shamima, and instead of going off on a foolish quest to Syria aged 15, she had had a love affair with a man, I feel quite sure that most of the Thai Visa mob so keen to see her suffer would instead be insisting she was a "victim", too young to know what she was doing (however enthusiastic she had been), and they would incidentally be calling for her lover to be beaten to death in prison for misleading a "child".

If, if, if. She didn't, she wasn't and she isn't. Haven't you read any of this thread?

Just now, cyril sneer said:

so basically the UK will now decide to take her back

new identity, free council house in an area of her choice, CCTV and 24 hour police protection

Absolutely spot on. Do you have a problem with that? 555

Crikey! This is a 19 year old girl who made a wrong decision when she was 15, and now regrets it. I suspect there are many youngsters who are foolishly inspired by ISIS, then realize within a few years or less, what a mess they've got themselves into, and what a bad mistake they made.

Shamima Begum should be allowed to return to the UK if she is prepared to admit her mistake and advertise in the media what an awful organisation ISIS is, so that that might discourage other naive teenagers making similar mistakes to join ISIS.

11 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

Crikey! This is a 19 year old girl who made a wrong decision when she was 15, and now regrets it. I suspect there are many youngsters who are foolishly inspired by ISIS, then realize within a few years or less, what a mess they've got themselves into, and what a bad mistake they made.

Shamima Begum should be allowed to return to the UK if she is prepared to admit her mistake and advertise in the media what an awful organisation ISIS is, so that that might discourage other naive teenagers making similar mistakes to join ISIS.

But she does not regret it, she still supports terrorism, her and her Father.

6 minutes ago, VincentRJ said:

She doesn't regret it. She doesn't think that she got herself into a mess. Enjoyed her time in Syria. Still defending the actions of IS to the media. Did you read her comment about the Manchester Arena atrocity?

Archived