IS teenager Shamima Begum will not be allowed into Bangladesh

webfact

40 minutes ago, jrmaanda said:

If Shamima really had Bangladeshi citizenship and if she had been older when she went to Syria, then I would think it fair enough not to let back into Britain.

But supposing her name had been Sharon instead of Shamima, and instead of going off on a foolish quest to Syria aged 15, she had had a love affair with a man, I feel quite sure that most of the Thai Visa mob so keen to see her suffer would instead be insisting she was a "victim", too young to know what she was doing (however enthusiastic she had been), and they would incidentally be calling for her lover to be beaten to death in prison for misleading a "child".

Research her family activities in the UK, they include supporting the beheading of innocent infidels, burning the UK flag, are just a few.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Her case can quite legitimately heard "in absentia". The case revolves around the fact that currently she doesn't have British citizenship. Until it is declared, by a court, that she is a British citizen, she has no rights to enter the country.

Not quite.

The Home Secretary has made ‘unwise comments’ and taken What now seem to be at the very least unwise, possibly illegal actions against Begum.

The Home Secretary is in the UK, he is first in line to face the courts over this completely unnecessary debacle.

He should have kept his mouth shut in the near certain knowledge that an ‘ignored’ Begum would never have reached the UK.

It seems the Home Secretary is not up to the job, but then he was appointed by Theresa May who herself was a dismal failure in that post.

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

If the fans of this woman get creative, the rest of us can too. So, she must be returned to British soil. They say it is her human right. That does not mean she must be dumped in a free luxury house in London with full welfare benefits. Such a situation would leave her free to convert others to the extreme islam she loves so much.

I would suggest if we absolutely must take her back she can live alone on one of the outlying Falkland islands. After making some sort of earth shelter, she can hunt penguins for food and make her own clothing. It will be cold she must scavenge for twigs to make fires. Seeing as the islands are treeless this will be a time-consuming task. This will all give her time to consider her actions and will not be tempting for others to follow her steps. Downside to this, nope, it's all good.

I'm not British, but if you wish to run for politics in my home country of NZ, I will 100% vote for you on this anti-terrorism policy alone

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He should have kept his mouth shut in the near certain knowledge that an ‘ignored’ Begum would never have reached the UK.

Putting aside your obvious hatred for the British government for a second - the British public deserved to know that their government was acting in their best interests and were intending on revoking her passport, which they did. 

Had they stayed silent, the void would have been filled by false and irresponsible propaganda from people with vested interests like the English Defence League and their munter supporters, saying things like the government were allowing her back and giving her welfare etc. 

I have no opinion either way on the current British Government, but I think they did the right thing here.

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ve got two words for you, they’re Latin.

You’re not going to like them.

‘habeas corpus‘.

That's where it gets interesting. A Dutch court ordered the return (to stand trial) of 6 Dutch IS women currently in Kurdish detention. Since there is no lawfull recognized state in Syrian Kurdistan, there is no one to address the Dutch court order to. And the Dutch government rightfully refuses to enter this dangerous area to pick up terrorists by itself. Result is, that the women and their offspring are left there to rot and possibly die. And these women are still in possession of their Dutch passports, although most have dual nationalities.

Future looks bleak for the little unrepenting missy.....

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

It will be declared.... by the UN, you are not allowed to make one of your citizens stateless. Pretty clear cut really, they stripped one of their citizens of her nationality without using due care to ensure she had or could obtain another nationality, Bangladesh is quite adamant there, she wont get a passport from them, the ball is back in the UK's court, they broke international law. The fact that I and most other Brits feel she should stay where she is doesn't enter into it.

Bangla desh can be adamant as much as it wants, the fact that they have no record of this woman does not mean a thing. In Bangla desh they apply Juis sanguinis, which means that any child born to a bangladeshi mother (or father) is automatically Bangla Desi. No 2 ways about it.

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

That isn't true, up until the age of 21 she can apply for Citizenship in Bangladesh due to the nationality of her mother, that doesn't mean it has to be approved.

It's not a matter of approval, it is an unalienable right through her parents.

5 hours ago, SweetStickyRice said:

So now she is stateless. I think her next step is to apply for a citizenship in Syria. After all, she has been there a while and surely by now she is eligible. If not, maybe refugee status? Keep your head up young lady, and be strong, we've all had our ups and downs. And no, we don't, or I personally don't want you in the Netherlands either.

But her husband is Dutch, the supposed farther of her baby. But I suppose you do not want him back too...

But there again is she not a member of IS is that not a state as the name infers?

3 hours ago, Bullie said:

A legal limbo, that's where she is at. Has a nice Guantanamo bay feel to it, in my opinion. It is going to take years and years before this is untangled in the courts, and until then she is well placed where she is at right now. In the middle of the desert with nowhere to go but 6 feet under.

Yes, I have a feeling we are headed for a Gitmo 2, but not sure where they will or should locate it. However, this time, those countries, such as the UK, who issued citizenship to one of enemy combatants (or abettors) will need to step up and pay some 'attributable to their citizen' expenses and bills and participate in this effort, not just saddle the US with everything.

7 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

Yes, I have a feeling we are headed for a Gitmo 2, but not sure where they will or should locate it. However, this time, those countries, such as the UK, who issued citizenship to one of enemy combatants (or abettors) will need to step up and pay some 'attributable to their citizen' expenses and bills and participate in this effort, not just saddle the US with everything.

Once they have all the remaining citizens out, they should just build some big walls around that village that ISIS are holed up in now and send them all to live there. The inbreeding will take care of them all over the next few generations, then we don't have to deal with the stateless problem. 

All the foreign "freedom fighters" gave up their rights to live in a civilised state when they abandoned the security of the west to fly to some third world shithole and wage a holy war

34 minutes ago, Bullie said:

That's where it gets interesting. A Dutch court ordered the return (to stand trial) of 6 Dutch IS women currently in Kurdish detention. Since there is no lawfull recognized state in Syrian Kurdistan, there is no one to address the Dutch court order to. And the Dutch government rightfully refuses to enter this dangerous area to pick up terrorists by itself. Result is, that the women and their offspring are left there to rot and possibly die. And these women are still in possession of their Dutch passports, although most have dual nationalities.

Future looks bleak for the little unrepenting missy.....

"A Dutch court ordered the return (to stand trial) of 6 Dutch IS women currently in Kurdish detention. "

Link please.

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Had Begum not spoken to The Times but instead quietly arrived at a British port of entry, she would have been granted entry, been subjected to police investigation and due process of the courts.

She could not do that, she has no passport so cannot leave the country she is in never mind enter the UK!

Even if she still had the passport she left on she would not get back into the UK on it because she travelled illegally using her sister's passport.

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

No, international law will save her. The UK can't make her stateless by law so she will bask under the shadow of the union Jack again. As with Brexit the government has jumped the gun without looking at the facts, they will be forced to reinstate her British nationality.

She have to get back here first and the UK government are not going to assist her with her travel plans.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

(Reuters) - A teenager who was stripped of her British citizenship after leaving London to join the Islamic State (IS) group is not a Bangladeshi citizen and there was "no question" of her being allowed to enter the country, the foreign ministry in Dhaka said on Wednesday.

What was said yesterday was her mother is Bangladeshi and therefore she is entitled to Bangladeshi Citizenship if she applies before she is 21, that is Bangladeshi law.

This is the problem of removing someones nationality, the other countries that that person holds duel citizenship with could take action at the same time rendering them stateless.

What is likely to happen here is she is going to hold up in that refuge camp for 1 to 2 years until she is 21 and then claim she is stateless.

If and looks like it is likely to happen, the UK is forced to take her back then she should be prosecuted, and she should made aware that there are only 6 prisons in the UK with mother and child units for children up to 18 months, and places are hard to come by, so other arrangements would have to be made for the child and given her fathers activities her parents may be considered to be unfit persons due to the fear of radicalization of the child.

9 minutes ago, Basil B said:

What was said yesterday was her mother is Bangladeshi and therefore she is entitled to Bangladeshi Citizenship if she applies before she is 21, that is Bangladeshi law.

This is the problem of removing someones nationality, the other countries that that person holds duel citizenship with could take action at the same time rendering them stateless.

What is likely to happen here is she is going to hold up in that refuge camp for 1 to 2 years until she is 21 and then claim she is stateless.

If and looks like it is likely to happen, the UK is forced to take her back then she should be prosecuted, and she should made aware that there are only 6 prisons in the UK with mother and child units for children up to 18 months, and places are hard to come by, so other arrangements would have to be made for the child and given her fathers activities her parents may be considered to be unfit persons due to the fear of radicalization of the child.

You’re getting ahead of yourself.

A court needs to convict her before your frothing at the mouth dreams come true.

18 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

She could not do that, she has no passport so cannot leave the country she is in never mind enter the UK!

Even if she still had the passport she left on she would not get back into the UK because she travelled illegally using her sister's passport.

You’ve just solved the problem of people turning up in the UK without a passport. 

Except you haven’t.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not quite.

The Home Secretary has made ‘unwise comments’ and taken What now seem to be at the very least unwise, possibly illegal actions against Begum.

The Home Secretary is in the UK, he is first in line to face the courts over this completely unnecessary debacle.

It seems the Home Secretary is not up to the job, but then he was appointed by Theresa May who herself was a dismal failure in that post.

Yes the Home Secretary has acted like a complete grandstanding knob over this issue. However, the decision has ben made, she is no longer a British citizen. For that decision to be reversed and her to get her British citizenship back, the Home Secretary would have to unilaterally reverse his decision. Probably a wise thing to do considering the hole he has dug himself, but he ain't very wise and other issues are in play here.

Alternatively, she has to apply to the courts for that decision to be reversed, which is where it seems to be going at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ve just solved the problem of people turning up in the UK without a passport. 

Except you haven’t.

What are you talking about?

The last part of your comment was correct, I haven't, neither did I claim to be doing that.  All I did was explain how she left the UK illegally.

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

What are you talking about?

The last part of your comment was correct, I haven't, neither did I claim to be doing that.  All I did was explain how she left the UK illegally.

You are talking nonsense.

Had she quietly turned up at the UK border she would have been let in, regardless of not having a passport or having travelled illegally on her sister’s passport.

24 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, she didn't, he used her sister's passport.  How could she get out of the UK and travel to Turkey without a passport?

Well let her use her sisters passport to get to Bangladesh, where there's a will....... 

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’re getting ahead of yourself.

A court needs to convict her before your frothing at the mouth dreams come true.

Point taken, but do you think that she may be considered a risk and held on remand on her return? 

It's disgraceful that a person cannot take their wife a child to the uk as their income is not enough - even though they need no government money - and yet talk about letting female members of Isis back into the UK to live on benefits for life. I think this piece of detritus wont live long if she comes back to the UK anyhow.

38 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Even if she still had the passport she left on she would not get back into the UK on it because she travelled illegally using her sister's passport.

Others in a similar situation have traveled back to the UK, I think they first have to report to a consul somewhere in the region. However with her big mouth she has made her life very difficult.

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Well let her use her sisters passport to get to Bangladesh, where there's a will....... 

As I said before, and as it has been widely reported, she does not have a passport now, IS took the one she travelled on.  Do you think that she wants to go to Bangladesh?

Archived