IS teenager Shamima Begum will not be allowed into Bangladesh

webfact

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are talking nonsense.

Had she quietly turned up at the UK border she would have been let in, regardless of not having a passport or having travelled illegally on her sister’s passport.

Correct, (before her citizenship was revoked) all one needs to do is prove there right of abode, but that would not stop them realizing immediately that she was a "person of interest" and being immediately arrested.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

Crikey! This is a 19 year old girl who made a wrong decision when she was 15, and now regrets it. I suspect there are many youngsters who are foolishly inspired by ISIS, then realize within a few years or less, what a mess they've got themselves into, and what a bad mistake they made.

Shamima Begum should be allowed to return to the UK if she is prepared to admit her mistake and advertise in the media what an awful organisation ISIS is, so that that might discourage other naive teenagers making similar mistakes to join ISIS.

At least she spoke her mind saying she would make the same choices again. She'd stay in Syria had ISIS situation been different.

That's all her testimony.

Don't expect any sincere regret, make no mistake, she's not on your side, that's what you need to take into account when considering treating her like one of your fellow citizens. 

Just now, stevenl said:

Others in a similar situation have traveled back to the UK, I think they first have to report to a consul somewhere in the region. However with her big mouth she has made her life very difficult.

Well, they have had to get an emergency travel document but the chances of her getting out of the place she is in to get to an Embassy/Consulate is even less than the chance of that Embassy giving her a travel document.

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

She doesn't regret it. She doesn't think that she got herself into a mess. Enjoyed her time in Syria. Still defending the actions of IS to the media. Did you read her comment about the Manchester Arena atrocity?

Didn't know that. All I read was the news item on ThaiVisa. If it's true that she doesn't regret her decision at the age of 15, and still supports ISIS, then my comment was not appropriate.

8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Well, they have had to get an emergency travel document but the chances of her getting out of the place she is in to get to an Embassy/Consulate is even less than the chance of that Embassy giving her a travel document.

Correct.

Which begs the question, why the Home Secretary felt the need to run his mouth.

Say nothing, do nothing would have left him blameless and Begun ignored in Syria.

She now has a very strong case for a legal challenge against the

motor mouth sitting st the Home Secretary’s desk.

3 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

Crikey! This is a 19 year old girl who made a wrong decision when she was 15, and now regrets it.

I think the issue that is making a lot of peoples "bloods boil" is what she is saying now, does not seem to be saying she regrets it, what she has said in the many interviews seems still to be glorifying the IS, and now she is 19 and not a child.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Correct.

Which begs the question, why the Home Secretary felt the need to run his mouth.

Say nothing, do nothing would have left him blameless and Begun ignored in Syria.

She now has a very strong case for a legal challenge against the

motor mouth sitting st the Home Secretary’s desk.

He would prove himself a man if he were to reconsider his decision but also point out it did not include immunity from prosecution.

We do not want her back, but we may have to have her back. :angry:

Another point to consider, if she was not born in the UK and only came to the UK at age 3 what citizenship did she hold then? 

52 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

As I said before, and as it has been widely reported, she does not have a passport now, IS took the one she travelled on.  Do you think that she wants to go to Bangladesh?

In all honesty I do not give one jot where she wants to go. Do you honestly think it sends the right message out to would be Jahadis, that it is ok to go join a murderous regime that beheads people including their own countrymen. But when you've finished your callous endeavor just hop a number 9 bus and all will be forgiven.

Do you find it difficult to understand the gravity of the situation.

Are you ok with her returning to the UK.

Sometimes people will say things out of disgust of another persons actions, but we probably all know deep down that she will eventually worm her way back into the UK by hook or by crook.

Do you always take posts on here as gospel?

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Isn't she is just eligible to apply for Bangladeshi citizenship?  Bangladesh does not have to capitulate.

That is a matter the British courts will have to decide.  If Bangladesh declines to apply its own laws, then she'll be left de facto but not de jure stateless.  There's precedent, in the case of 'M' (I hope I have the pseudonym right.)  M came to Britain as a baby as a Vietnamese boat person and acquired British nationality.  He went off the rails and was recruited by Islamic terrorists.  Having discovered his activities, the Vietnamese government refused to treat him as a citizen.  The British courts found that as a matter of Vietnamese law, M was a Vietnamese citizen, and as a matter of practical fact, that the Vietnamese government decline to act in accordance with Vietnamese law.  The Supreme Court upheld the revocation of his UK citizenship.  This was before mere entitlement to another nationality could allow (in some cases) deprivation of UK citizenship.  The US charged him with terrorist offences, and he now languishes in a US prison.

21 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Chop off her head, she wanted to make the ultimate sacrifice, make it for her.... 

Don't think that the Home Secretary has the power to order that. It's the privilege of H.M. The Queen.....and she's far too nice a lady. Besides, whether she ends up British or Bangladeshi, she's still a subject of Her Majesty's Commonwealth.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Don't think that the Home Secretary has the power to order that. It's the privilege of H.M. The Queen.....and she's far too nice a lady. Besides, whether she ends up British or Bangladeshi, she's still a subject of Her Majesty's Commonwealth.

Sounds like you are getting your spare room ready...????

10 hours ago, webfact said:

A teenager who was stripped of her British citizenship after leaving London to join the Islamic State (IS) group is not a Bangladeshi citizen and there was "no question" of her being allowed to enter the country, the foreign ministry in Dhaka said on Wednesday.

I am sure they can be persuaded to change their minds next time they visit London to request more development aid... :whistling:

1 hour ago, Richard W said:

That is a matter the British courts will have to decide.  If Bangladesh declines to apply its own laws, then she'll be left de facto but not de jure stateless.  There's precedent, in the case of 'M' (I hope I have the pseudonym right.)  M came to Britain as a baby as a Vietnamese boat person and acquired British nationality.  He went off the rails and was recruited by Islamic terrorists.  Having discovered his activities, the Vietnamese government refused to treat him as a citizen.  The British courts found that as a matter of Vietnamese law, M was a Vietnamese citizen, and as a matter of practical fact, that the Vietnamese government decline to act in accordance with Vietnamese law.  The Supreme Court upheld the revocation of his UK citizenship.  This was before mere entitlement to another nationality could allow (in some cases) deprivation of UK citizenship.  The US charged him with terrorist offences, and he now languishes in a US prison.

Difference being Shamima Begum was born in the UK. Bangladesh claims she has never applied for citizenship and now will not be granted - fair enough!

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

I think the issue that is making a lot of peoples "bloods boil" is what she is saying now, does not seem to be saying she regrets it, what she has said in the many interviews seems still to be glorifying the IS, and now she is 19 and not a child.

Yes. That seems to be the case. I made a mistake. ????

19 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Difference being Shamima Begum was born in the UK. Bangladesh claims she has never applied for citizenship and now will not be granted - fair enough!

It's not even guaranteed she would like to live in a poor islamic country like Bangladesh her family was happy to leave to settle in the UK. 

Despite the evident benefits she and her family took from the move, she turns against the UK and western values, deliberately joined ISIS and does not deny her sympathy for islamic terrorism when begging for a return to the UK - a country she does not deserve to call "home". She is the kind of loser no country wants to give shelter to. 

Given her fathers active participation in anti western demonstrations, US/UK flag burning and support of Solider Leigh Rigby's Killers is it any wonder she was radicalised? Not one mention in mainstream media of this though, all the bleeding hearts saying its the UKs fault for allowing her to be indoctrinated? As usual no responsibility for their own actions.

Best thing to do is get the whole family and dump them all with her in Syria, getting fed up of hearing the UK authorities and her School did not tell the parents she was radicalised - yeah right they did not know being good UK caring peaceful citizens???

10 hours ago, SweetStickyRice said:

I would even go one step further and ostracize her completely. Ban the media in the UK from reporting on this traitor and brand this story as fake news. Pretend as if nothing happened. I'm sure she'll figure it out, we've all had our ups and downs. Stay where you are young lady, it is best for all of us. If you've left the UK to go and help "YOUR" people, help "US" now and just stay there. I always like to end things on a slightly positive note. Young lady, despite anything, you did what you believed in and should be proud of yourself. If you return, it will completely erase what you have stood for in the first place. Is it worth it? Stay where you are. It's best for all of us and you.

If the news media hadn't given her a platform....she could have happily lived ever after in the sand dunes.

42 minutes ago, Letseng said:

If the news media hadn't given her a platform....she could have happily lived ever after in the sand dunes.

IF she manages to reach UK we can expect that (in addition to any punishment) she'll receive lifelong protection as per the likes of Mary Bell , Maxine Carr or the two scroats that murdered Jamie Bulger.

(& Guess who gets the bill?)

We can only hope that there's an incident/accident..very dodgy place to reside right now is Syria

IF she manages to reach UK we can expect that (in addition to any punishment) she'll receive lifelong protection as per the likes of Mary Bell , Maxine Carr or the two scroats that murdered Jamie Bulger.
(& Guess who gets the bill?)

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Herein lies the problem of allowing politicians (playing to the gallery) strip people of their citizenship.

This will undoubtedly now go to a court hearing and the Home Secretary will undoubtedly be asked on what basis did he determine this individual held dual citizenship.

Stripping her British citizenship without confirming she has a second citizenship is illegal.

Unfortunately providing evidence that he acted legally wrt her citizenship is only part of the Home Secretary’s problems.

He also has to demonstrate ‘just cause’, stomach turningly disgusting as the statements attributed to Begum are, disturbing as her actions are she cannot be punished for alleged crimes without conviction for those crimes being handed down by a court of law.

The Home Secretary has got himself in a mess.

Had Begum not spoken to The Times but instead quietly arrived at a British port of entry, she would have been granted entry, been subjected to police investigation and due process of the courts.

The power to strip citizenship needs to be taken out of the hands of politicians and placed under the jurisdiction of the courts.

Citizens legitimize Government, Government should never be allowed to de-legitimize Citizens.

easier  just to shoot  her  though.

Archived