Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Up to 15 British ministers may vote to stop UK from leaving EU on March 29: Bloomberg

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

How can a campaign mired so deeply in electoral fraud be considered democratic?

It's OK. We forgive the Project Fear Remainers their sins. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Interestingly I find myself in near complete agreement in this subject with people who on matters of politics I fight like cat and dog.

 

There might be some hope in that.

 

bloody hell, TVF not working, tried to press like on this post - didna work

so I say it here: I liked your post

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Interestingly I find myself in near complete agreement in this subject with people who on matters of politics I fight like cat and dog.

There might be some hope in that.

There might be one or two of them prepared to give you a character reference once the trials of Enemies Of The People begin. 😐

Edited by SheungWan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

But Oxon is more likely to open doors than Open is. Way of the world old chap.

that is maybe highlighting just one of UK's many many challenges

boomboom peoples capabilities, focus on who dished out the paper

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Modesty? I never remove my trousers in public!

 

Seriously, the continual anti-intellectual chants have become boring. It is my strong belief that education is key and worth striving for. Frankly, if that comes across as immodesty; I don't give a damn.

He used to drop his drawers at lectures though. Not back row stuff either. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

that is maybe highlighting just one of UK's many many challenges

boomboom peoples capabilities, focus on who dished out the paper

 

 

 

Oh yes. Reputation often counts for at least as much as the degree classification. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Oh yes. Reputation often counts for at least as much as the degree classification. 

When it comes to the elite institutions (Eton/Harrow/Oxford/Cambridge etc.), one also has to take into consideration the friends/connections/'people like us' etc. attitude.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nauseus said:

But Oxon is more likely to open doors than Open is. Way of the world old chap.

Membership of the Bullingdon Club opens even more doors.

 

Also an Oxford degree is of no use if it isn't accompanied by attendance at Eaton College.

Edited by Spidey
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

When it comes to the elite institutions (Eton/Harrow/Oxford/Cambridge etc.), one also has to take into consideration the friends/connections/'people like us' etc. attitude.

The Brexiteer connections should count for something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

that is maybe highlighting just one of UK's many many challenges

boomboom peoples capabilities, focus on who dished out the paper

'Paper', as you put it, is not 'dished out'. 

Edited by SheungWan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

When it comes to the elite institutions (Eton/Harrow/Oxford/Cambridge etc.), one also has to take into consideration the friends/connections/'people like us' etc. attitude.

Brexiteer friends not exactly a plus on the social circuit then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...