Up to 15 British ministers may vote to stop UK from leaving EU on March 29: Bloomberg

webfact

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So if he was an engineering student then his right for freedom of expression would be allowed? 

Well for a start he wouldn't be talking that crap in the classroom as it wouldn't be relevant to his studies. And that was the issue.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Opinion = neonazi = BS

In the old days some of those guys wouldn't be hiding under the UKIP flag, it would be open NF. Nigel Farage was quite open about having to deal with the hard-line nasties. Accounted for some of the current split in UKIP.

11 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

In the old days some of those guys wouldn't be hiding under the UKIP flag, it would be open NF. Nigel Farage was quite open about having to deal with the hard-line nasties. Accounted for some of the current split in UKIP.

You've already tagged this guy too then? Great job.

48 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So if he was an engineering student then his right for freedom of expression would be allowed? 

UCL has a large percentage of Moslem students. Ranting his racist anti Moslem diatribe on campus would be offensive to many of the other students. 

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

UCL has a large percentage of Moslem students. Ranting his racist anti Moslem diatribe on campus would be offensive to many of the other students. 

Mindless rants should be curtailed , but open discussion and opinion should be discussed .

Uni students should be open to discussion and if they disagree with something , they have an opportunity to voice their opinion .

Silencing the other persons opinion isnt the way to progression  .

UCL may have a large percentage of Liverpool supporters , so, nothing should be said against Liverpool football club , otherwise their supporters will get offended 

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Mindless rants should be curtailed , but open discussion and opinion should be discussed .

Uni students should be open to discussion and if they disagree with something , they have an opportunity to voice their opinion .

Silencing the other persons opinion isnt the way to progression  .

UCL may have a large percentage of Liverpool supporters , so, nothing should be said against Liverpool football club , otherwise their supporters will get offended 

"The University of Central Lancashire, in Preston, sanctioned him after receiving multiple complaints about “offensive and inappropriate comments” in lectures and seminars." Member of UKIP, now the home of Tommy Islam. Sounds more like mindless rants than open discussion.

Far more United supporters at UCL than Liverpool supporters. 

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

"The University of Central Lancashire, in Preston, sanctioned him after receiving multiple complaints about “offensive and inappropriate comments” in lectures and seminars." Member of UKIP, now the home of Tommy Islam. Sounds more like mindless rants than open discussion.

Far more United supporters at UCL than Liverpool supporters. 

Yes, some people, many it seems these days , get offended by people with a different opinion to them .

Do you know that the "offending and inappropriate" comments by Tommy were ?

Or do you just agree that they were "offensive and inappropriate" , just because someone else says that they were ?

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, some people, many it seems these days , get offended by people with a different opinion to them .

Do you know that the "offending and inappropriate" comments by Tommy were ?

Or do you just agree that they were "offensive and inappropriate" , just because someone else says that they were ?

Do you know what they were?

I also have had a lot of experience of UCL and would be surprised if their decision was a result of "open discussion".

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Do you know what they were?

I also have had a lot of experience of UCL and would be surprised if their decision was a result of "open discussion".

No, I dont , that is why I asked you whether you knew or not .

So, you agree with the UCL students , even though you dont know what you are agreeing with

Just now, sanemax said:

No, I dont , that is why I asked you whether you knew or not .

So, you agree with the UCL students , even though you dont know what you are agreeing with

I don't agree with the students, I agree with the Faculty, who made the decision. I have a long experience with UCL and know that they wouldn't take such a decision lightly.

Just now, Spidey said:

I don't agree with the students, I agree with the Faculty, who made the decision. I have a long experience with UCL and know that they wouldn't take such a decision lightly.

Was that recently ?

Things may have changed since your involvement there .

Its not too difficult to imagine what Tommy would say , but if he has a challenging opinion , he should be allowed to air it and students should be able to reply .

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Was that recently ?

Its not too difficult to imagine what Tommy would say , but if he has a challenging opinion , he should be allowed to air it and students should be able to reply .

Recently and a long time ago. I did my HNC there back in the day when it was Preston Poly. My Cousin did his LLB there and returned some years later to lecture there. My wife did her BA Hons there. My daughter was recently accepted to do her Masters there. We regularly took graduates from there in my workplace.

There is freedom of speech and there is Hate speech. Would you rather Britain was like the US and have racists in uniform, goose stepping through the streets singing Nazi songs. Remember Charlottesville.

16 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

hehe

Gråbrødretorv, some pretty decent eateries there

and there are some historic pearls in CPH not far away from that torv you mentioned

Back before EEC and EU when UK still ruled a couple of waves on oceans here and there

UK was deeply engaged in the far east trade,

so was Denmark

But, the warehouses and the packhouses used by the Danish far east trade

are still there, intact, exemplary maintained and refurbished, today managed by the

Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs

and the supervisor/control/shipmaster/boss building is still there- where they spotted the full riggers

coming up to central Copenhagen (today the MFA Protocol Department)

Fantastic history stuff - also covering similar to UK far east trade.

bland? no!

Absolutely fabulous!

I always stay here:-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copenhagen_Admiral_Hotel

Dont tell anybody else. We don't want the place overrun by peasants on stag nights. It's still reassuringly expensive I'm happy to report. Tak fo' det!

11 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Recently and a long time ago. I did my HNC there back in the day when it was Preston Poly. My Cousin did his LLB there and returned some years later to lecture there. My wife did her BA Hons there. My daughter was recently accepted to do her Masters there. We regularly took graduates from there in my workplace.

There is freedom of speech and there is Hate speech. Would you rather Britain was like the US and have racists in uniform, goose stepping through the streets singing Nazi songs. Remember Charlottesville.

People dressed as Nazis walking around the USA is quite different for what we are talking about , we are talking about Ferage speaking at a Uni in the UK .

You are trying to portray Ferage as being a nazi , comparing him to nazis in the USA .

Ferage has an opinion and Uni students should listen to that opinion , whether they agree with his opinion or not .

Rather than taking an attitude similar to yours , suggesting that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a nazi and should be silenced .

Lets not forget that it was Ferage and his predecessors that exposed and publicised the Muslim grooming gangs all over the UK and at the time , anyone who mentioned that there are Muslim grooming gangs all over the UK , was labelled as being a right-wing nazi and that subject was seen as being nazis spouting anti Islamic rants

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

With a comment like that you would do well in the fascist organisation too.

So he disagrees with halal meat. He is a Nazi?

He thinks immigrants shouldn't be given free health care? He is a Nazi?

He is against the Islamification of the UK. So he is a Nazi again?

Definition of bigot: a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Do you see the irony!

When you hear someone make these comments in public, you wonder what other opinions they have that they don't make public?

When Hitler rose to power he was voted in, he won the popular vote. He didn't declare that should you vote for him he'll get rid of his political opponents and never allow another vote, nor did he say that he would exterminate every Jewish person he could get his hands on. That came later.

The next war in this world will involve nuclear weapons, I'm hoping not to be alive to see it as millions will die and the survivors will depend on the kindness of strangers from other countries, as their countries will be a wasteland. If everybody views the world like Sebastian no one will help them ... perhaps Sebastian might find that he's one of them? I wonder how strong his conviction will be then?

Just now, AlexRich said:

When you hear someone make these comments in public, you wonder what other opinions they have that they don't make public?

You can only go on what people say , guessing what they may think and then criticizing them based on your guesses as to what they think, isnt logical 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Was that recently ?

Tommy Islam would say what he always says: "look at these muslims doing bad things, all muslims do bad things, let's ban muslims" ... or words to that effect. 

Under age white girls who are trapped in the care system or stuck in deprived areas have been targeted and abused by gangs of men, many of whom, but not all, who are muslim. Tommy Islam couldn't care less about these girls, but they provide him with a useful stick to beat his favourite targets ... muslims. He never gave a toss about any of them before, he never campaigned to rid the UK of paedophiles and child exploiters ... until he discovered that there were muslims involved in it too. He says nothing about priests, scout masters, school teachers, care workers, child home workers, catholic nuns, household abusers ... and the assortment of mostly white christians that are guilty of similar crimes. Thousands of them and it's been going on since before Tommy Islam was born and before this country had a sizeable muslim population.

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You can only go on what people say , guessing what they may think and then criticizing them based on your guesses as to what they think, isnt logical 

In private, I'm sure he's full of love for his fellow man ... :coffee1:

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Tommy Islam would say what he always says: "look at these muslims doing bad things, all muslims do bad things, let's ban muslims" ... or words to that effect. 

Under age white girls who are trapped in the care system or stuck in deprived areas have been targeted and abused by gangs of men, many of whom, but not all, who are muslim. Tommy Islam couldn't care less about these girls, but they provide him with a useful stick to beat his favourite targets ... muslims. He never gave a toss about any of them before, he never campaigned to rid the UK of paedophiles and child exploiters ... until he discovered that there were muslims involved in it too. He says nothing about priests, scout masters, school teachers, care workers, child home workers, catholic nuns, household abusers ... and the assortment of mostly white christians that are guilty of similar crimes. Thousands of them and it's been going on since before Tommy Islam was born and before this country had a sizeable muslim population.

Although we were talking about Ferage, BTW , you have been allowed to call Tommy Robinson "Tommy Islam" , calling Politicians by pseudo names isnt usually allowed on here.

Misspelling of Politicians names isnt usually allowed on here

Just now, sanemax said:

Although we were talking about Ferage, BTW , you have been allowed to call Tommy Robinson "Tommy Islam" , calling Politicians by pseudo names isnt usually allowed on here.

Misspelling of Politicians names isnt usually allowed on here

His name is not Tommy Robinson ... he made that one up. Though why he wanted to be named after a guy who's claim to fame was the song "Sing If Your Glad To Be Gay" is beyond me?

So I call him by the name that I think of him ... a one trick pony hater of muslims. And I don't view him as a politician, they are supposed to care about all their constituents, whatever their religion. He's a dog whistle bigot ... who works under the cover of "free speech". He tries to keep his rhetoric within plausible deniability, but his supporters know what he's all about. And anyone with a modicum of common sense knows that too.

Just now, AlexRich said:

His name is not Tommy Robinson ... he made that one up. Though why he wanted to be named after a guy who's claim to fame was the song "Sing If Your Glad To Be Gay" is beyond me?

So I call him by the name that I think of him ... a one trick pony hater of muslims. And I don't view him as a politician, they are supposed to care about all their constituents, whatever their religion. He's a dog whistle bigot ... who works under the cover of "free speech". He tries to keep his rhetoric within plausible deniability, but his supporters know what he's all about. And anyone with a modicum of common sense knows that too.

*Tommy Robinson" is the name that he identifies with  , it wouldnt be acceptable to call Jeremy Corbyn "Jeremy Jew" because of his alleged anti semitism 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

People dressed as Nazis walking around the USA is quite different for what we are talking about , we are talking about Ferage speaking at a Uni in the UK .

You are trying to portray Ferage as being a nazi , comparing him to nazis in the USA .

Ferage has an opinion and Uni students should listen to that opinion , whether they agree with his opinion or not .

Rather than taking an attitude similar to yours , suggesting that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is a nazi and should be silenced .

Lets not forget that it was Ferage and his predecessors that exposed and publicised the Muslim grooming gangs all over the UK and at the time , anyone who mentioned that there are Muslim grooming gangs all over the UK , was labelled as being a right-wing nazi and that subject was seen as being nazis spouting anti Islamic rants

Where does Farage come into this? I certainly never mentioned him. We're talking about a student at UCL who repeatedly made inappropriate comments in lectures and got himself suspended.

Thanks for the irrelevant rant though, it seems to be your stock in trade. Have you tried Valium?

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Where does Farage come into this? I certainly never mentioned him. We're talking about a student at UCL who repeatedly made inappropriate comments in lectures and got himself suspended.

Thanks for the irrelevant rant though, seem to be your stock in trade. Have you tried Valium?

Shengwan first mentioned him a post prior to yours and just looking back , the guy in question is a guy called "Sebastian " , anyway , you were the first to mention Tommy and the topic them moved on to him , lets get back on topic 

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Thanks for the irrelevant rant though, seem to be your stock in trade. Have you tried Valium?

I find that some pineapple with my gammon keeps me steady. 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Shengwan first mentioned him a post prior to yours and just looking back , the guy in question is a guy called "Sebastian " , anyway , you were the first to mention Tommy and the topic them moved on to him , lets get back on topic 

No, lets get back to why you had a mad rant about Farage. Did I say anything about him?

I mentioned Tommy Islam because the lad in question is a member of UKIP. Farage allegedly resigned from UKIP because the likes of Tommy Islam were allowed to join. It's commonly accepted that a lot of new, young members have recently joined, specifically because of their adulation for Tommy Islam.

Tommy Islam, a.k.a. Steven Yaxley-Lennon, has a string of criminal convictions from beating up his girlfriend in the street, (for which he was jailed) assaulting a policeman who tried to stop him and football violence convictions. He's a violent little thug with a big mouth and a small brain who makes his living by spouting racial hatred on the internet.

Archived