Up to 15 British ministers may vote to stop UK from leaving EU on March 29: Bloomberg

webfact

On 2/21/2019 at 6:05 AM, AlexRich said:

Bring it on. Tea rooms around the UK getting smashed up, and Zimmer frames going through Waitrose’s window. The counter demonstrations, of people sick of these bulllying morons, will be even larger.

Just  my experience, as someone who actually lives here in the U.K.

Earlier this week went into a privately owned leisure centre, gym,swimming pool etc. 

Inside was a group of men all shouting off, how everyone of them, are so angry with how their representatives in the H.O.C are trying to cheat the British people, who had Democratically voted to leave this so called union.

What surprised me was contrary to the thoughts off remoaners such as yourself. Their ages I guessed were between, 30-45 yrs. and furthermore I would guess that they are far fitter that the average for their ages.

O.K. So Like I said at the beginning, not a poll of the whole population, 

but I beleive a significant and growing number. 

149B6771-FE77-4460-BCFD-C4EA3CD407B8.jpeg

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, yogi100 said:

1,269,501 is hardly a tiny margin of difference.

In fact many would say over 1.25 million is a decisive majority.

We'll still be neighbours and open to trading with Europe like we always have in the past but we want to have complete control of our own affairs.

The UK is not the only nation in the EU who is not happy with unelected governance and it's likely others will follow our lead in years to come especially when our contributions are no longer forthcoming.

A 3.8% lead / difference isn't exactly a decisive majority. Yes, slightly more people voted to leave. 

On 2/21/2019 at 8:49 PM, melvinmelvin said:

I kinda understand that

but these MPs, or more correctly, ALL MPs, are free to vote as they fancy,

they don't have to follow the whip if they don't want to

that goes for Tory and that goes for Labour, and SNP for that matter

I have difficulties seeing the big problem here re these resignations 

Agree, until you realise that these M.p’s stood on a manifesto in 2017 to implement the Democratic decision of the. British people. O.k so now they’ve changed their opinion. Therefore the only honorable action they can now take,is to resign and offer themselves up in another parliamentary election. Then they would know if their electorate agrees with their conversion. Otherwise they will be accused,amongst other things,as being fraudsters.

4 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Only stupid people and populists don’t use relative numbers. 3.78% not a tiny margin but “a decisive majority”? Brexiteers really don’t miss a chance to show the world their lack of intelligence. 

Then now is your chance to show the world evidence of your over abundance of intelligence.

Lets see what you have to say on the subject.

Over to you.

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Just  my experience, as someone who actually lives here in the U.K.

Earlier this week went into a privately owned leisure centre, gym,swimming pool etc. 

Inside was a group of men all shouting off, how everyone of them, are so angry with how their representatives in the H.O.C are trying to cheat the British people, who had Democratically voted to leave this so called union.

What surprised me was contrary to the thoughts off remoaners such as yourself. Their ages I guessed were between, 30-45 yrs. and furthermore I would guess that they are far fitter that the average for their ages.

O.K. So Like I said at the beginning, not a poll of the whole population, 

but I beleive a significant and growing number. 

149B6771-FE77-4460-BCFD-C4EA3CD407B8.jpeg

Swarms of British youngsters have seen their older brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers, aunts and uncles and friends lose their livelihoods or find their incomes in jeopardy because of the hordes of European cheap labour that has invaded the UK in recent years. They've also witnessed the suppression and stagnation of wages. How do you think they'd vote in a future EU referendum!

The establishment's political and businessmen chums are the ones who benefit from from the importation of scab workers from Eastern Europe but again the media pals of that same estabishment purposefully fail to point that out to the public.

They also fail to point out that there are 8.6 million people of working age in the UK right now who are classed as economically inactive.

But to those who do not live in the UK or who think their 'education' places them a cut above the ordinary working man these observations and facts pass straight over their heads.

The vast majority of our politicians went to 'university' and so think they know better than us especially when they're on GBPs 80K a year with their expenses and wonderful gold plated pensions.

The fact that they can also go on to earn double their current salary working as senior civil servants in the EU does not escape them either. Neither should it escape the notice of the British public. That's why most of 'em are remainers because they want to be able do a 'Kinnock' when the time comes.

At least Farage had the honour and integrity to admit he was a turkey voting for Christmas.

1 hour ago, djayz said:

A 3.8% lead / difference isn't exactly a decisive majority. Yes, slightly more people voted to leave. 

1.26 million people is not slightly more it's a bloody lot more in anyone's language.

6 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Only stupid people and populists don’t use relative numbers. 3.78% not a tiny margin but “a decisive majority”? Brexiteers really don’t miss a chance to show the world their lack of intelligence. 

It's often the most stupid and unintelligent person in any gathering who is the quickest to accuse others of stupidity and lacking in intelligence because he's too stupid, big headed and too full of his own puffed up self importance to realise how stupid and unintelligent he actually is himself.

That's how you and several other self proclaimed 'graduates' and so called 'well educated' remoaners come across regarding this matter.

44 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Swarms of British youngsters have seen their older brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers, aunts and uncles and friends lose their livelihoods or find their incomes in jeopardy because of the hordes of European cheap labour that has invaded the UK in recent years. They've also witnessed the suppression and stagnation of wages. How do you think they'd vote in a future EU referendum!

The establishment's political and businessmen chums are the ones who benefit from from the importation of scab workers from Eastern Europe but again the media pals of that same estabishment purposefully fail to point that out to the public.

They also fail to point out that there are 8.6 million people of working age in the UK right now who are classed as economically inactive.

But to those who do not live in the UK or who think their 'education' places them a cut above the ordinary working man these observations and facts pass straight over their heads.

The vast majority of our politicians went to 'university' and so think they know better than us especially when they're on GBPs 80K a year with their expenses and wonderful gold plated pensions.

The fact that they can also go on to earn double their current salary working as senior civil servants in the EU does not escape them either. Neither should it escape the notice of the British public. That's why most of 'em are remainers because they want to be able do a 'Kinnock' when the time comes.

At least Farage had the honour and integrity to admit he was a turkey voting for Christmas.

Oozing resentment. The same old gits who will racially abuse minority workers in hospitals and care homes who will be wiping the old gits' incontinent backsides, a job that no native will do. It doesn't end there though. The abuse extends to those and their siblings and their parents who are of a different colour. Resentment towards those above (degree) and abuse towards those below (immigrants and blacks). Hallmarks of the lower middle class and lumpen proletariat in history. We know where that leads. University in parentheses ('university'): pathetic. The cause of all of the above spleen? The growing realisation that March 30 might not end up with a Hard Brexit. Sour BrexiteerLand.

20 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

It's often the most stupid and unintelligent person in any gathering who is the quickest to accuse others of stupidity and lacking in intelligence because he's too stupid, big headed and too full of his own puffed up self importance to realise how stupid and unintelligent he actually is himself.

That's how you and several other self proclaimed 'graduates' and so called 'well educated' remoaners come across regarding this matter.

Must be fun, fun, fun at some of those Brexiteer gatherings. Chips on shoulder somewhere in the UK. Brrrrrr!

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Agree, until you realise that these M.p’s stood on a manifesto in 2017 to implement the Democratic decision of the. British people. O.k so now they’ve changed their opinion. Therefore the only honorable action they can now take,is to resign and offer themselves up in another parliamentary election. Then they would know if their electorate agrees with their conversion. Otherwise they will be accused,amongst other things,as being fraudsters.

Still pushing that nonsense that the referendum = no deal only.

18 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Good job that the internet gives some uneducated know-nothings the opportunity to vent.

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

With you not being British, it will be hard for you to understand.

Correct, wonder if that is not the main reason why Brexit took place. 

Were the U. K. ever able to understand the way the E. U. is dealing? 

Not saying the E. U. approach of things is right or wrong. 

For instance, we mainly not understand, even critic/condemn the Thai approach of things, as we see it in our western logic/perspective. 

Of course some will claim that their viewpoint is the only right one. 

7 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Correct, wonder if that is not the main reason why Brexit took place. 

Were the U. K. ever able to understand the way the E. U. is dealing? 

Not saying the E. U. approach of things is right or wrong. 

For instance, we mainly not understand, even critic/condemn the Thai approach of things, as we see them in our western logic/perspective. 

Of course some will claim that their viewpoint is the only right one. 

Unlikely an unfortunate misunderstanding. The UK side has mostly been an open war of cats fighting in a sack. And so it continues. Though apparently narrowing down to a single issue.

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

I'm a bigot. ????

Yes but I suspect most people are of something whether they don't want a group of travelers living in their back yard or whatever.

The term bigot gets thrown around far too easy IMHO these days and seems to be the new way the left attack those with different views.

Whilst on the topic and it is relevant to these discussions. Questioning Israel does not make one anti-Semitic but it seems to be the new phrase now. In fact questioning anything now you get shouted down with many just looking to label you. All sad really IMHO.

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes but I suspect most people are of something whether they don't want a group of travelers living in their back yard or whatever.

The term bigot gets thrown around far too easy IMHO these days and seems to be the new way the left attack those with different views.

Whilst on the topic and it is relevant to these discussions. Questioning Israel does not make one anti-Semitic but it seems to be the new phrase now. In fact questioning anything now you get shouted down with many just looking to label you. All sad really IMHO.

With some of the Brexiteer guys its all over the soles of their shoes and trailed across the carpet.

18 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

an open war of cats fighting in a sack.

7 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

its all over the soles of their shoes and trailed across the carpet.

Wish I could understand that English. 

Another difference between us. 

And please don't start with English Humor now ????

9 hours ago, djayz said:

I for one will miss our British cousins. I believe they are an integral part of the EU. Our history has been intertwined for so long and we, Europeans, have a lot in common - culture, religion, work ethic to name but a few of those traits that bound us. 

Never before in the history of Europe (geographical) have we enjoyed such a long spell of peace, all thanks to the EEC/EU. 

It's a pity to see them leave, and even more so considering the tiny margin of difference and the fact that the referendum wasn't even legally binding. 

Sorry but it’s down-to NATO,that we have enjoyed a relatively peaceful 73 yrs in Europe,Yugoslavia excepted.

Unfortunately The E.u,rightly or wrongly has encourage old animosities to be reborn.

And please don’t beleive your political master and some remoaners on these threads into believing that we are anti Europe. Anti E.u yes 100%.

81A1A7A0-182A-4127-8B16-0E7B656A1681.jpeg

9 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I wholeheartedly agree to this. These days all of us mainland Europeans need to remember that all the hostility and bullsh*t is coming from a few, not from many. While I still think that it is better for everyone that the UK leaves now, I believe and hope they will be back soon as a stable, committed member, supported by a majority of sensible people, many of whom are young people that didn’t have a vote but that have Europe in their blood. 

We were conned, lied to in 1975. Therefore I say to you-

Fool me once,shame on you, fool me twice,shame on me.

We will never come back,Unless it reverts back to the original concept,of a mutually, benefiting trading union.

84322D01-3A8A-4F68-8A05-E60A04B43672.jpeg

16 minutes ago, nontabury said:

We were conned, lied to in 1975.

Maybe, 2 times the U.K. asked to be allowed in the E. U.. ( E. E. C. than) 

2 times C. de Gaulle  vetoed it, claiming the U. K. don't fit in the E. U. 

Finally they were allowed. 

Now they want to leave, fair enough. 

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Oozing resentment. The same old gits who will racially abuse minority workers in hospitals and care homes who will be wiping the old gits' incontinent backsides, a job that no native will do. It doesn't end there though. The abuse extends to those and their siblings and their parents who are of a different colour. Resentment towards those above (degree) and abuse towards those below (immigrants and blacks). Hallmarks of the lower middle class and lumpen proletariat in history. We know where that leads. University in parentheses ('university'): pathetic. The cause of all of the above spleen? The growing realisation that March 30 might not end up with a Hard Brexit. Sour BrexiteerLand.

None of us know, if the people’s Democratic vote will be respected on March 30th, or if the establishment and their little groupies ????????????will be successful in preventing the U.K from leaving the hated E.u.

But let’s just say for arguments sake, that the U.K is kept shackled to Brussels. Do you not see that this would lead to a festering wound, that would live for generations, until the U.K would eventually gain its independence.

This is why I think European europhiles, should seriously consider, is it worth the future agro to keep us tied into their little union. Well apart from our charitable contributions. 

48 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I was going to reply, at long last, to your questions yesterday. What thread and date? I thought 31 Jan?

9 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Even if not it’s better for everyone that the UK leaves now. You cannot have a member state in such a disastrous condition and coming with all the fanatics and far-right idiots. Same like you cannot run a golf club where one member doesn’t obey the rules and keeps stirring things up and pestering the other members. 

Sad but true. EFTA don't want the UK. EU quite happy for UK to go even if it cost them 39B. ????

14 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well apart from our charitable contributions.

Sure the E. U. will miss this charitable contribution that apparently you were happy to pay to be allowed as member. 

However it seems the E. U. is not prepared to accept further requests from the U. K. in order  to not lose this contribution. 

But we will see, Mrs. May is postponing again the debate in Parliament. 

56 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Sorry but it’s down-to NATO,that we have enjoyed a relatively peaceful 73 yrs in Europe,Yugoslavia excepted.

Unfortunately The E.u,rightly or wrongly has encourage old animosities to be reborn.

And please don’t beleive your political master and some remoaners on these threads into believing that we are anti Europe. Anti E.u yes 100%.

81A1A7A0-182A-4127-8B16-0E7B656A1681.jpeg

What utter tripe

Archived