Up to 15 British ministers may vote to stop UK from leaving EU on March 29: Bloomberg

webfact

25 minutes ago, samran said:

An event that Australia remembers very well and another of a long line of examples of Britain turning its back on the commonwealth. Many quarters in Australian public life who have long memories have not forgiven Britain, particularly on the Labor side of the aisle, and no doubt it is they who will be negotiating with you come brexit with some relish.

I don't think that it was Britain that turned its back on Australia, more of an Heath Government, but I hear what you are saying. I remember my parents and my grandparents were extremely disappointed with our Government for treating Australia, and the other countries of the commonwealth that had stood by us in our hour of need in such a bad way.

But it never held the ozzys back, they found new trading allies in Asia and America, just as we will, it may not be over night, but it will happen, if we are not thwarted by the anti brexit brigade.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Virgin on the ridiculous.

Here we go again, making unfounded accusations yet unable to say why it's 'ridiculous' nor even trying to.

And at the same time attempting to divert attention from an inability to justify that assertion with an attempt at humour.

SW, unless you can explain why you consider a post to be 'stupid' or 'ridiculous' you render your claim worthless. Therefore it means absolutely nothing.

In any debate it's necessary to have made an observation, had an experience or witnessed an event or an incident related to the topic under discussion in order to base an opinion on it. 

18 hours ago, bomber said:

Wouldnt be seen dead in that outfit.Have you ordered yours they do them in XXXXXL you should be fine????

I once bought an 'England' t-shirt to wear during England/Wales rugby matches, purely to annoy my husband (who considered himself largely Welsh) ????!

Sadly, he was not amused....

4 hours ago, SheungWan said:

The latest twist in the story is more about the Labour Party. They may have finally worked out that if Hard Brexit prevails, some of that dog dirt would be all over Corbyn and done him no good at a General Election whenever that took place. And the Independents would be there to jog people's memories.

Labour voters are traditionally very loyal to the party. The one good point regarding Corbyns u-turn, is that many are now starting to question their own loyalty. Just this morning a number of remain supporting Labour M.p’s 

have come out to question Corbyns decision, which they correctly see as a gift to the Conservatives.

Should T.May call a General Election after a no deal exit, or after a extension of the so called negotiations ( no Brexit) expect a number of Labour M.p’s to be applying for alternative forms of employment,alongside Conservative M.p’s such as Ann Sourby.

17 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Labour voters are traditionally very loyal to the party. The one good point regarding Corbyns u-turn, is that many are now starting to question their own loyalty. Just this morning a number of remain supporting Labour M.p’s 

have come out to question Corbyns decision, which they correctly see as a gift to the Conservatives.

Should T.May call a General Election after a no deal exit, or after a extension of the so called negotiations ( no Brexit) expect a number of Labour M.p’s to be applying for alternative forms of employment,alongside Conservative M.p’s such as Ann Sourby.

why would she call a GE after a no-deal exit or after a prolongation?

1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

why would she call a GE after a no-deal exit or after a prolongation?

With the expectation that the Conservatives will gain a much 

larger Parliamentary majority, due to a collapse in Labours votes.

13 minutes ago, nontabury said:

yah,

but isn't that kinda far fetched? we all remember how it went last time she intended

to beef up Tory majority

she ain't more popular now than she was then

On 2/21/2019 at 11:36 AM, dick dasterdly said:

I disagree.

When the electorate are given a referendum and told that the vote will be enacted - it has to be a 'spit in the eye' for everyone in the electorate when their MPs then do everything in their power to bypass the referendum result!

Of course many who disagree with the referendum result will argue otherwise, but IMO it is making it very clear to ALL the electorate that the govt. and MPs only meant it as a 'sop' to the electorate (for their own, political reasons....) - and are desperately trying to back-track - as the vote didn't go their way.

Well said! It was a democratic vote in which the people voted to leave. No hard or soft, just leave and that's what we hopefully will be doing on 29 March. F.eCk the EUSSR and its lefty ways.

5 hours ago, vogie said:

But it never held the ozzys back, they found new trading allies in Asia and America, just as we will, it may not be over night, but it will happen, if we are not thwarted by the anti brexit brigade.

is Palastine in Asia?  Trump wont be the saviour every brexit ban seems to think but Hezzbollah might be more generous at the table.

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

yah,

but isn't that kinda far fetched? we all remember how it went last time she intended

to beef up Tory majority

True,at the last G.E the P.M showed how out of touch with the public,it was possible to be.

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

but surely UKip will win the GE they are the party to lead the UK out of europe,nigel said so,surely he wasnt telling porkies.

14 hours ago, nontabury said:

And then comes a General Election. When many of the present day M.p’s will loose their seats. Turmoil in British politics for years to come. All because the establishment and their groupies failed to respect the People’s vote.

One issue I have with Brexit supporters is that they talk as if 80% voted for Brexit and are happy to crash out of the EU on WTO terms? 

The simple fact is that Brexit was a close vote, and as the shambles has unfolded in front of us over the last three years less people are for it than against it. So, no, I don't think it will make a huge difference to any of the political parties. Once all this nonsense is out of the way people will focus on the usual gripes, and vote accordingly.

13 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I've just been reminded that there is no parliamentary majority for a 2nd referendum, so actually it seems unlikely. It's more likely that Corbyn sees this as a 'free hit', where he can say at least he tried. 

May's deal or remain would not a be fair 2nd referendum. The majority voted to leave the EU in 2016, so a proper leave option also needs to be on the table alongside May's BINO deal. 

If you're confident that more people want to remain in the EU now, you shouldn't be concerned about both Leave options being on the ballot. 

I couldn't care less what's on the ballot. Leave will lose.

3 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

yah,

to beef up Tory majority

Not far fetched at all , the Brexit Labour supporters will not vote Labour this time and the Conservative remainers will not vote for Corbyn ,so, Labour will not do too well in the forth coming G.E

20 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

Labour / Corbyn is supposed to air some views on a 2nd referendum, Monday evening.

Hope somebody catches it and offer some notes about it here.

J, Corbyn  is just a tosser , busy fertilising  his home grown Toms , 

i am informed his jam is very good , madam Mays  favourite , @ 50 euro a jar , tax  excluded , of course .

The  nest  labour leader ,  will be  Keir . asap.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Not far fetched at all , the Brexit Labour supporters will not vote Labour this time and the Conservative remainers will not vote for Corbyn ,so, Labour will not do too well in the forth coming G.E

Far fetched. Extremely far fetched. Do you really think that Conservative remainers voted Labour last time?

You might be right that Labour will do less well, but the Conservatives will do much less well.

If there were an election tomorrow, I wouldn't vote. No one to vote for.

7 hours ago, jesimps said:

Well said! It was a democratic vote in which the people voted to leave. No hard or soft, just leave and that's what we hopefully will be doing on 29 March. F.eCk the EUSSR and its lefty ways.

We regret to inform you that the flight may have been delayed.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Far fetched. Extremely far fetched. Do you really think that Conservative remainers voted Labour last time?

You might be right that Labour will do less well, but the Conservatives will do much less well.

Tomorrow is Wednesday. General Elections are held on Thursdays.

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

No, I didnt say that Tory remainers voted Labour last time .

What I meant was that the Labour voting Brexiters (about 30% ,I seem torecall) , could very possibly not vote Labour at the next G.E. due to Labours call for another referendum

Whilst Conservative remainers are less likely to vote for Corbyn , which would mean Labour wouldnt win the election

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

One issue I have with Brexit supporters is that they talk as if 80% voted for Brexit and are happy to crash out of the EU on WTO terms? 

The simple fact is that Brexit was a close vote, and as the shambles has unfolded in front of us over the last three years less people are for it than against it. So, no, I don't think it will make a huge difference to any of the political parties. Once all this nonsense is out of the way people will focus on the usual gripes, and vote accordingly.

A simple vote of ONE would have been surffice, as it was, the margins was 

There have been occasions when the party that has won at a General Election,did so on a minority vote. I wonder what will happen when that happens next time. 

I don’t know where you get this idea that the electorate is now less inclined to vote Brexit. Perhaps you possess a crystal ball.

If the People’s Democratic vote is disrespected, and the U.K remains in the E.u. Do not for one moment, think that the people will accept it. It will remain a festering sore for generations, or until we do depart this hated so called union.

Archived