BANGKOK 18 August 2019 08:22
webfact

Up to 15 British ministers may vote to stop UK from leaving EU on March 29: Bloomberg

16 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Bloody hell, UK. You need a mini Cabinet

Not so much Bloody Hell or even Bloody Mary's but G&T's all round from the drinks cabinet. though there may be a lot of blood on the carpet.

1 hour ago, SheungWan said:

Sorry. Not buying. As if having a good education automatically disqualifies. And on the other side as if having had a relatively mediocre education qualifies eg Corbyn. At least the Hard Brexiteers understand this with their support of Rees-Mogg. The hypocrisy is trying to stick the "elite" tail on the EU donkey. Most of this labelling whether from right or left is just populist nonsense.

Just because their parents could afford to send their sprogs to a expensive school does not mean they are any better than a kid from Brixton Comp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basil B said:

Just because their parents could afford to send their sprogs to a expensive school does not mean they are any better than a kid from Brixton Comp.

Try not to confuse the difference between "better' and "better-off". And while you are thinking about that, consider all the Labour voting parents who use their financial clout to move into catchment areas for better performing schools.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Sorry. Not buying. As if having a good education automatically disqualifies. And on the other side as if having had a relatively mediocre education qualifies eg Corbyn. At least the Hard Brexiteers understand this with their support of Rees-Mogg. The hypocrisy is trying to stick the "elite" tail on the EU donkey. Most of this labelling whether from right or left is just populist nonsense.

Brexit is portrayed as a rebellion by the common man against "elites", yet it is led by those that attended the most "elite" school in the UK. Farage was also privately educated. A bit of propaganda to get the commoner votes ... and they went along with it like Stalin's "useful idiots". 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Brexit is portrayed as a rebellion by the common man against "elites", yet it is led by those that attended the most "elite" school in the UK. Farage was also privately educated. A bit of propaganda to get the commoner votes ... and they went along with it like Stalin's "useful idiots". 

Too much chips on shoulders on display around here against private education. No monopoly on educational background on the Brexiteer side. You might as well beat up the anti-Brexit side with that stick.

Edited by SheungWan

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Absolutely. I could never understand why Macron didn't offer the Gillet Jaunes some cake.

Yellow Jackets unholy mix of extreme right and extreme left populism.

6 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Yellow Jackets unholy mix of extreme right and extreme left populism.

yes,

but rioting they know

beat poll tax unhappies hands down

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Too much chips on shoulders on display around here against private education. No monopoly on educational background on the Brexiteer side. You might as well beat up the anti-Brexit side with that stick.

Too MANY chips on shoulders.

I attended a Comprehensive School...☺

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baboon said:

Me Grammar. There you go. 🤨

17 minutes ago, baboon said:

if I remember correctly,

comprehensive school - the school between primary school and grammar school?

• Haha 1

Try not to confuse the difference between "better' and "better-off". And while you are thinking about that, consider all the Labour voting parents who use their financial clout to move into catchment areas for better performing schools.

You are confusing Labour voters with the lower class Tories snobs who can not afford public school fees, many Labour voters are in social housing and can not move that easy... 

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Basil B said:

You are confusing Labour voters with the lower class Tories snobs who can not afford public school fees, many Labour voters are in social housing and can not move that easy... 

No I am definitely not.

Edited by SheungWan

I think you're a touch over-sensitive about this subject? I have no issue with private education, the irony for me is the portrayal of the opposition as elites, by people who are elites themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Not so much Bloody Hell or even Bloody Mary's but G&T's all round from the drinks cabinet. though there may be a lot of blood on the carpet.

do not omit Dry Martini . .. . . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AlexRich said:

I think you're a touch over-sensitive about this subject? I have no issue with private education, the irony for me is the portrayal of the opposition as elites, by people who are elites themselves. 

I'm a sensitive type of guy. As for portrayals, both sides playing that populist game.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1