Up to 15 British ministers may vote to stop UK from leaving EU on March 29: Bloomberg

webfact

On 2/21/2019 at 1:55 AM, Aforek said:

I am non Brit, so my opinion doesn't count, but I speak as a European guy

I am happy to belong to EU and I think that to be a sort of federation is good, let's no be alone against big countries like USA and China

you think that Britain is strong enough to be alone ? we are in 2019 , British empire is finished long time ago 

What is once more becoming an independent Britain got to do with once having had an Empire?

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/21/2019 at 5:17 AM, Enoon said:

Yep.

It was all a grotesque mistake......courtesy of the now wilderness-dwelling David Cameron.

The work of fixing it doing nobody any good.

It continues to keep the vultures of America and China circling in hungry anticipation.

China is 6000 miles away.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:41 PM, SheungWan said:

I guess you were too young to remember the Poll Tax Riots under Mrs Thatcher?

Those were leftist rioters, the same crowd who want us to stay in Europe.

The worst riots ever seen in the UK were those carried out by young black men in the 1980s and again in 2011 when five people lost their lives.

Englishmen don't know how to riot and would not do so if they did.

2 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Those were leftist rioters, the same crowd who want us to stay in Europe.

The worst riots ever seen in the UK were those carried out by young black men in the 1980s and again in 2011 when five people lost their lives.

Englishmen don't know how to riot and would not do so if they did.

So then, leftists and Blacks cannot be Englishmen. Great example of Brexiteer IQ.

39 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

What is once more becoming an independent Britain got to do with once having had an Empire?

Ask that question to the poster he was reacting to, who was complaining about the EU empire and wanted the British empire back.

On 2/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, AlexRich said:

It’s been pretty amusing watching the “working man” being led by Eton toffs, their betters, down the Brexit garden path. The penny hasn’t dropped yet, that Brexit is not about making their lives better, it’s about low regulation, low taxes, stripping away protections, privatised health ... they will be left holding the sheet end of the Brexit stick.

The gap between the rich and the less well off has never been greater than it has been over the last few years while we've been in the EU.

Abundant cheap Eastern European labour has seen to that. 

That abundance of cheap labour has ensured bigger profits.

A lack of employment regulation means that businesses do not have to distribute those profits to those employees to fund pensions, sick pay and holiday pay especially when many foreign workers are employed on a casual or seasonal basis and often paid cash in hand.

Eastern European workers only concern themselves about the here and now and how they can live cheaply while in Britain and how much they can send back home.

Few of them have any long term investment in the UK nor concern about Britain's future. Many of them can't even speak English, They don't need to while we lay on interpreters for them at our expense.

And it's English working people who die when the bombs go off and their murderers are of the same faith of those that Merkel wants to flood the continent with. She made it plain in 2015 that the EU expects the UK to accept hundreds of thousands of them.

No thank you Angela, we've got too many already and what's more we're getting out of this Madhouse. Others may well follow.

22 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Ask that question to the poster he was reacting to, who was complaining about the EU empire and wanted the British empire back.

I did. My post was a reply to and was addressed to the poster called 'Aforek' who introduced the subject of the 'British empire' into the topic.

The fact that someone had previously referred to an EU Empire is not my concern and nor was my reply addressed to that poster.

I did. My post was a reply to and was addressed to the poster called 'Aforek' who introduced the subject of the 'British empire' into the topic.

You're right, he did introduce it. I though Aforek reacted to somebody else, but looks like it was the other way round.

11 hours ago, nauseus said:

But Oxon is more likely to open doors than Open is. Way of the world old chap.

That is true. Nevertheless I rate OU highly. Anyone who can take a degree later in life while holding down a job deserves admiration. I rate OU graduates highly.

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

No, I have to disagree with you there.

And the likes of Cameron, Gove, Boris Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Osbourne would disagree with you.

But, of course, your father's CV is even more important. There is zero mobility between the classes. To be considered "U" or upper class as opposed to "non U" you have to have been born "U".

On 2/21/2019 at 7:25 PM, Grouse said:

You obviously don't read the news

EU immigration has dropped like a stone. Not because of Brexit but because of nastiness by British morons

Meanwhile, immigration from Africa and the sub continent is rocketing and more than filling the gap! That what you people want? Count me out.

The self-described anti-Muslim bigot who describes immigrants from within the EU as being, "his kind of people"... immigrants from outside the EU, especially Africa and Asia, ", nah, not so much, count me out", bemoaning "nastiness by British morons".

Go and find a mirror.

11 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

that is maybe highlighting just one of UK's many many challenges

boomboom peoples capabilities, focus on who dished out the paper

I understand your point but you are quite wrong

The standard of lecturers varies widely

teaching standards also vary widely

Finally, a university education is not solely about vocational qualification. This is one reason why collegiate universities are superior IMO; imagine spending 3 years with a bunch of physicists!

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

So then, leftists and Blacks cannot be Englishmen. Great example of Brexiteer IQ.

What have you got to be personal for?

Whether you like it or not UK blacks are referred to as Black Britons, West Indians or Africans never Black English.

Were you to see a black man walking down the street in any English town or city you might consider him to be a black Briton but you'd be unlikely to think of him as an Englishman. The term English refers to someone born and bred as English and is a racial description or a reference to identity rather than a reference to someones nationality.

You similarly hear the term British Muslims but never English Muslims because while they may be considered British they are not considered English by the press the public nor themselves.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

The gap between the rich and the less well off has never been greater than it has been over the last few years while we've been in the EU.

Abundant cheap Eastern European labour has seen to that. 

That abundance of cheap labour has ensured bigger profits.

A lack of employment regulation means that businesses do not have to distribute those profits to those employees to fund pensions, sick pay and holiday pay especially when many foreign workers are employed on a casual or seasonal basis and often paid cash in hand.

Eastern European workers only concern themselves about the here and now and how they can live cheaply while in Britain and how much they can send back home.

Few of them have any long term investment in the UK nor concern about Britain's future. Many of them can't even speak English, They don't need to while we lay on interpreters for them at our expense.

And it's English working people who die when the bombs go off and their murderers are of the same faith of those that Merkel wants to flood the continent with. She made it plain in 2015 that the EU expects the UK to accept hundreds of thousands of them.

No thank you Angela, we've got too many already and what's more we're getting out of this Madhouse. Others may well follow.

And this nicely illustrates why we should not listen to Brexiters generally. They are just SO badly informed!

Yogi, you certainly don't seem to be smarter than the average bear!

I'm not going to educate you. However, look at EU inequality and Gini coefficients. Then come back and present your conclusions in time for our next tutorial. The library IS open on Sundays.

46 minutes ago, Spidey said:

And the likes of Cameron, Gove, Boris Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Osbourne would disagree with you.

But, of course, your father's CV is even more important. There is zero mobility between the classes. To be considered "U" or upper class as opposed to "non U" you have to have been born "U".

Ha! Not heard U and none U in years! Great!

Social mobility is essential in civilized societies and this can be lubricated by progressive taxation.

Nothing intrinsically wrong with old fashioned ideas of correct behavior. My father always insisted on getting out the "fish eaters" if we brought home fish and chips. Not at all U,  just a quaint Edwardian vanity! He fought a long, and ultimately lost a rear guard action against loutish behavior!

https://www.shortlist.com/news/posh-words-upper-class-etiquette-u-non-u/60631

https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/archived/bydesign/4954624

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

And this nicely illustrates why we should not listen to Brexiters generally. They are just SO badly informed!

I'm not going to educate you. However, look at EU inequality and Gini coefficients. Then come back and present your conclusions in time for our next tutorial. The library IS open on Sundays.

I'm not coming back and presenting anything, I'll leave that to you 'uni' wallahs who live out in the sticks or in the LOS.

I live in London which is now the knife and acid attack capital of Europe and where two knife murders have taken place within a mile of where I live in the last 10 days in streets I know and where I've been shopping.

I've therefore seen what a mess mass immigration has made of the place and the sooner we quit an EU which encourages such valueless immigration the better.

So you see you couldn't 'educate' me about zilch because you know nothing and have even less experience about real life. You learn very little sitting at a computer and typing for years on end. Where do you live and when did you last have a murder practically on your doorstep, 1968?

I very much doubt that you'd talk down to people to their face so why do you do it on an internet forum.

28 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

Whether you like it or not UK blacks are referred to as Black Britons, West Indians or Africans never Black English.

Were you to see a black man walking down the street in any English town or city you might consider him to be a black Briton but you'd be unlikely to think of him as an Englishman. The term English refers to someone born and bred as English and is a racial description or a reference to identity rather than a reference to someones nationality.

You similarly hear the term British Muslims but never English Muslims because while they may be considered British they are not considered English by the press the public nor themselves.

Brexiteer rubbish of a particular racist type. 

I'm not coming back and presenting anything, I'll leave that to you 'uni' wallahs who live out in the sticks or in the LOS.

I live in London which is now the knife and acid attack capital of Europe and where two knife murders have taken place within a mile of where I live in the last 10 days in streets I know and where I've been shopping.

I've therefore seen what a mess mass immigration has made of the place and the sooner we quit an EU which encourages such valueless immigration the better.

So you see you couldn't 'educate' me about zilch because you know nothing and have even less experience about real life. You learn very little sitting at a computer and typing for years on end. Where do you live and when did you last have a murder practically on your doorstep, 1968?

I very much doubt that you'd talk down to people to their face so why do you do it on an internet forum.

If it was Whitechapel you could start wittering on about Jack The Ripper.

57 minutes ago, rixalex said:

The self-described anti-Muslim bigot who describes immigrants from within the EU as being, "his kind of people"... immigrants from outside they EU, especially Africa and Asia, ", nah, not so much, count me out", bemoaning "nastiness by British morons".

Go and find a mirror.

No, you are quite wrong

I am not unpleasant to anyone (I lose patience with poorly informed Brexiters sometimes).

I would bias immigration to assist trade partnerships and to avoid social imbalance in our societies. My views are consistent with those aims.

Muslims have turned me to bigotry as I have learned more about their customs and social mores over the years. At least I can't be accused of hypocracy!

"his kind of people" - as you put that in quotes you imply those are my precise words? I doubt that. Kindly provide a reference or withdraw.

34 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Wasting your time peeing into the wind there. Some of them are not badly informed, they are rather just nasty racists of the usual extreme-right type.

39 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

I refer the honourable gentleman to Dennis Healy's law of holes: when in one, stop digging!

Archived