Finnish boy, 5, savaged on Ao Nang beach by pack of wild dogs - rabies feared

webfact

3AM, One Soldier and Spotter, Night Scope Rifle, in a few nights no one bitten again, no Vegan thin skins offended, no more attacks, but thats too simple. Must have 3 Meetings in Mandarin  BKK first.  I have 3 Dogs so dont bother with excuses.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Cant wait for all the keyboard warriors who criticized the security guard for shooting the biting dog the other day to justify this one...

Poor kid. Hope he recovers well

Give it a rest.

Local authority chief Phankham Kittithornkun was exasperated with the situation saying that spaying, round-ups and vaccinations had all been tried. 

But still people kept leaving their dogs at the beach.

Go after the irresponsible owners abandoning their pets when they grow tired of them.

6 minutes ago, Seismic said:

Surely Thai authorities must act now thousands of people are dying every year....Oops sorry wrong thread 🤔😮

Well the Chinese and British government have just asked Thailand to improve the safety for tourists...guess the Finnish government has to do the same.....

But but the Thai love their dogs soooooo much! 

40 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I agree! Start with that today please General...shoot all them pesky soidogs in tourist area's or don't expect anymore tourists...and also install teams of lifeguards at the popular beaches.

Dont get the Lifeguard bit.?. If yer cant fly dont jump off the roof.

What Thailand desperately needs is an official, government funded animal control service. There should be daily patrols by trained individuals in all areas where large groups of people gather, beaches being a prime example. It would be another excuse for a fancy uniform so I'm sure that there would be plenty of applicants. Whether the dogs should be destroyed or just re-housed in purpose made compounds is of course open for debate.  

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

I critisized the guard for shooting a puppy that had done nothing. This however is a totally different situation where the dogs are proven to be a danger. Two totally different situations. 

Wrong, you put the boot into a Thai guy after deciding, based on nothing credible, that the facts reported in the previous article (i.e. the dog had been chasing and biting people and was accordingly) were wrong,  because it didn't fit with your anti-Thai views. 

1 minute ago, SammyT said:

Wrong, you put the boot into a Thai guy after deciding, based on nothing credible, that the facts reported in the previous article (i.e. the dog had been chasing and biting people and was accordingly) were wrong,  because it didn't fit with your anti-Thai views. 

Your accusing me of being anti Thai, that is the funniest thing I have heard all year (year is still young). I am usually accused of being a Thai apologist on a regular scale. So your remark is totally baseless. I also don't understand what this has to do with being anti Thai as I made no negative remarks about Thais just about this guy who was lying through his teeth. He was the only one reporting the dog has bitten people. Other Thais said it was not but that was indeed not in the report but heard by local sources. 

Anyway If you think its a good idea to have people with unlicensed guns shooting up the public space.. be my guest maybe move to the US. I prefer professionals to handle it and not random crazy private people.  

1 hour ago, Lungstib said:

Sounds like shooting is next up for the solution.

If rabies is in the area culling all is the only viable solution.

If a dog has bitten a human it can never be trusted, it will bite again.

1 hour ago, neeray said:

I spent a week in the area a few years ago with several days at or around the beach. Never saw a single dog. But things change from time to time. Best wishes for this unfortunate little tyke.

I wonder how TAT will counter this very bad press.

what bad press? - never happened , fake news.

1 minute ago, hansnl said:

culling is the only option - rabies or not.

Reduce the soi dog population to zero. 

24 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

3AM, One Soldier and Spotter, Night Scope Rifle, in a few nights no one bitten again, no Vegan thin skins offended, no more attacks, but thats too simple. Must have 3 Meetings in Mandarin  BKK first.  I have 3 Dogs so dont bother with excuses.

But but but, we are all Buddhists and don't believe in killing animals (humans are Ok) - pass me a few more pork steaks and a couple of fish for the BBQ please . 

I have taken to wearing a dashcam while exercising due of the feral menace. The sort that feed these pests are the sort that deny ownership when they cause accident or injury yet bleat when Mutley finds out what the stick is for! The footage serves the same purpose as the pair in my car...

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

He was the only one reporting the dog has bitten people. Other Thais said it was not but that was indeed not in the report but heard by local sources. 

"Unreported local sources" 

Sounds credible. 

13 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Culling and burning the dead dogs...so no other Thai can dig them up and eat them. (like last year upcountry where the boys dug them up for a bbq-fest.)

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Cant wait for all the keyboard warriors who criticized the security guard for shooting the biting dog the other day to justify this one...

Poor kid. Hope he recovers well

Absolutely correct!

Some so called fanatical animal welfare people and so called humanitarians are the same - one protects the rabid animals the other protects the rabid humans (terrorists, freedom fighters, whatever you name them...)

Archived