BANGKOK 21 April 2019 05:11
webfact

Finnish boy, 5, savaged on Ao Nang beach by pack of wild dogs - rabies feared

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

Cant wait for all the keyboard warriors who criticized the security guard for shooting the biting dog the other day to justify this one...

Poor kid. Hope he recovers well

Give it a rest.

Local authority chief Phankham Kittithornkun was exasperated with the situation saying that spaying, round-ups and vaccinations had all been tried. 

But still people kept leaving their dogs at the beach.

Go after the irresponsible owners abandoning their pets when they grow tired of them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Seismic said:

Surely Thai authorities must act now thousands of people are dying every year....Oops sorry wrong thread 🤔😮

Well the Chinese and British government have just asked Thailand to improve the safety for tourists...guess the Finnish government has to do the same.....

But but the Thai love their dogs soooooo much! 

40 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I agree! Start with that today please General...shoot all them pesky soidogs in tourist area's or don't expect anymore tourists...and also install teams of lifeguards at the popular beaches.

Dont get the Lifeguard bit.?. If yer cant fly dont jump off the roof.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

I critisized the guard for shooting a puppy that had done nothing. This however is a totally different situation where the dogs are proven to be a danger. Two totally different situations. 

Wrong, you put the boot into a Thai guy after deciding, based on nothing credible, that the facts reported in the previous article (i.e. the dog had been chasing and biting people and was accordingly) were wrong,  because it didn't fit with your anti-Thai views. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, neeray said:

I spent a week in the area a few years ago with several days at or around the beach. Never saw a single dog. But things change from time to time. Best wishes for this unfortunate little tyke.

I wonder how TAT will counter this very bad press.

what bad press? - never happened , fake news.

14 minutes ago, robblok said:

He was the only one reporting the dog has bitten people. Other Thais said it was not but that was indeed not in the report but heard by local sources. 

"Unreported local sources" 

Sounds credible. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hansnl said:

If rabies is in the area culling all is the only viable solution.

If a dog has bitten a human it can never be trusted, it will bite again.

Culling and burning the dead dogs...so no other Thai can dig them up and eat them. (like last year upcountry where the boys dug them up for a bbq-fest.)

• Like 1