Finnish boy, 5, savaged on Ao Nang beach by pack of wild dogs - rabies feared

webfact

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried to be tolerant and understanding of thai society but with this latest horrific attack on an innocent child by a pack of vicious blood thirsty dogs the only word that comes to mind is barbaric. Thailand cares more for its dogs, no matter how vicious, over people. It is sickening the mindset of their so called leaders who time and time again refuse to do something about the out of control attacks by dogs on innocent people including children. Children are attacked and killed  by vicious dogs and nothing is done. I have seen it all now. I hope this message gets out to the world community what is going on in Thailand with these constant vicious attacks against innocent people and tourists start to go to other countries. The only possible way something is ever going to be done to start to get these savage  attacks under control is if Thailand starts to take a big hit with tourism because that is all they truly care about the almighty baht. It is truly pathetic what is going on and the mindset of the Thai government.

10 hours ago, krabi local said:

The number of stray dogs in that area has been increasing. The local dog centre has helped with sterilising many of them but still the numbers multiply.
This is the 3rd incident like this, in Ao Nang, in as many weeks. Hopefully they will actually do something now.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

And as you will know, Ao-Nang is a Muslim village, where the locals do not keep dogs. This problem is a result of the influx of northern Thais, and farang who keep dogs, but do not look after them.

As in the rest of Thailand, it needs the authorities to implement stringent laws,not so much as against the dogs,but against their irresponsible owner.

Therefore it will not happen.

11 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief of the local administration has said he has tried everything. Now the dogs are set to be cleared off the beach entirely. 

She hasn't tried the one thing that works 100%   Exterminate All roaming dogs . Animal lives seems to be more important than Human live. what on earth is wrong with these people /religion

WHEN WILL THAIS GET THIS THROUGH THEIR THICK HEADS......DOG BITE PEOPLE ESPECIALLY KIDS PUT THEM DOWN !!!!!!

•  
  • 10 posts

My daughter was attached on White Sand beach at Koh Chang Lagoon Resort on Tuesday morning whilst we were having breakfeast.

She was biiten in the face by a beach mongrel and the staff at the hotel were no help. We rushed her to Bangkok Hospital in Koh Chang and then had to take her to Bangkok Hospital in Chantaburi because the was no surgeon at the Koh Chang hospital but she also needed an eye surgeon and Plastic surgeon.

We were terrfified of the outcome. 4 hours of surgery and a lot of stitching and it looks like things will work out as well as can be expected. Needless to say the Bangkok Hopspital bill was huge.

Two days later back in Koh Chang we had to retrieve our belongings and informed the Royal Thai Police what happened. We were taken back to the scene of the crime and the owners of Koh Chang Lagooon entered the discussions about the incident with the Police and us.

At the end of the day I dont think much will happen. We had photos of the dog that the police did not seem interested in but the hotel owners requested a copy so they could inform the staff to keep an eye on the malafactor. The next day the dog was back on the steps of the restaurant.

The reason for this post is to warn people about the risks of beach dogs not just at Koh Chang but everywhere. In my experiance once a dog bits a person he will do it again. In my country a court order would be issued and the dog taken away.

I made this known to the hotel owners and if it happened again and the outcome was worse they would be in serious trouble. I hope I am wrong but if the dog is not removed odds are it will happen again. No matter how vigilant you are as parents these freak things can happen.

10 minutes ago, Dreamjobs said:

WHEN WILL THAIS GET THIS THROUGH THEIR THICK HEADS......DOG BITE PEOPLE ESPECIALLY KIDS PUT THEM DOWN !!!!!!

•  
  •  
  • 10 posts

My daughter was attached on White Sand beach at Koh Chang Lagoon Resort on Tuesday morning whilst we were having breakfeast.

She was biiten in the face by a beach mongrel and the staff at the hotel were no help. We rushed her to Bangkok Hospital in Koh Chang and then had to take her to Bangkok Hospital in Chantaburi because the was no surgeon at the Koh Chang hospital but she also needed an eye surgeon and Plastic surgeon.

We were terrfified of the outcome. 4 hours of surgery and a lot of stitching and it looks like things will work out as well as can be expected. Needless to say the Bangkok Hopspital bill was huge.

Two days later back in Koh Chang we had to retrieve our belongings and informed the Royal Thai Police what happened. We were taken back to the scene of the crime and the owners of Koh Chang Lagooon entered the discussions about the incident with the Police and us.

At the end of the day I dont think much will happen. We had photos of the dog that the police did not seem interested in but the hotel owners requested a copy so they could inform the staff to keep an eye on the malafactor. The next day the dog was back on the steps of the restaurant.

The reason for this post is to warn people about the risks of beach dogs not just at Koh Chang but everywhere. In my experiance once a dog bits a person he will do it again. In my country a court order would be issued and the dog taken away.

I made this known to the hotel owners and if it happened again and the outcome was worse they would be in serious trouble. I hope I am wrong but if the dog is not removed odds are it will happen again. No matter how vigilant you are as parents these freak things can happen.

I feel for you

Is it really that Thai gov thinks dogs are important than humans?

i don’t think that is the question....you should why does the gov let 26,000 people die on the roads every year? Why does the gov allow the terrible air pollution going on in the north? 

I believe the ave soi dog has a life expectancy of 2 years....is that showing care and well being of the dog population?

you guys miss the boat completely...do you know that recently thailand became #1 in income disparity in the world replacing Russia....

problems are not solved in LOS b/c those cost money and erode the power structure of the wealthy...the goal is status quo and continue to have the 1% elite control over 60% of the country’s wealth....

And here are farangs going off on a minor tangent of soi dog control playing right into the hands of the laughing elite....

Just don’t rock the boat on meaningful issues....

3 hours ago, sambum said:

"No Thai dog could have done this! They were dogs that had sneaked across the border from Burma"?

they have programs around here once a while for free castration, sent my thai friend with my dog and they said they wouldn't do it because "medicine is for Thai dog, this not Thai dog"

most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. that is the excuse they were using for being scared of screwing up on some pure bred dog.

I asked my friend if her dog she had brought there earlier in the day were Bangkaew and she said no..

so I told her to bring the dogs back and put the balls back because they were not thai dogs either

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

So hope the insurance thing doesn't come into playa s the man's policy doesn't cover dog attacks on beaches. The kid will then be guarded until the bill paid. I hope they don't make this into a bad tourist thing. . 

I hope Thailand will pay ALL the costs and give this family 5000 euro to please come back another time.

This is the worst nightmare for many families, ones kid getting eaten alive by rabies infested stray dogs at the beach.....Thailand only krab.

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

this is a ongoing problem all over Thailand 

I myself have been bitten twice  when I was on my bicycle  when up in the village up North 

had to go to the local hospital and get some shots 

I hope you came back and killed them? 

If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem 

Do it the old Western way , bring in someone with a rifle and shoot all the dogs that have diseases. Which means mostly all of them .  

Buddhism or not , I couldn't care less when they attack human kids. 

The Finnish family thought they were going on a vacation to a dream country , where paradise awaits .

But It's all just propaganda from the TAT!   It's filthy , unhygienic and pestered with sick animals that carries rabies. 

Try the Maldives instead, made for tourists , best beaches in the world, now that's a true dream destination. 

I hope the message gets back to Scandinavia and Finland, The Maldives are now on its way up on the bucket list for many travelers. 

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

I hope Thailand will pay ALL the costs and give this family 5000 euro to please come back another time.

This is the worst nightmare for many families, ones kid getting eaten alive by rabies infested stray dogs at the beach.....Thailand only krab.

Bitten in the neck going for the kill. That will give you nightmares for a long long time seeing that happen to your son.

47 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

A crime ridden, dog infested beach ! Yeah I’ve seen it ! Tell people “don’t ever go Ao Nang”

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Actually you must tell all the people not to come to Thailand. Will solve many a problem. 

8 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Bitten in the neck going for the kill. That will give you nightmares for a long long time seeing that Galien to your son.

If i had seen dogs doing that to my son i would have killed them straight away with bare hands and thrown them inside the policestation before leaving to the airport to never come back. 

Last week there was a guy who killed a lion with bare hands, read that in the newspaper.

Probably the normal basket of chicken essence and bunch of flowers from local government officers, oh and a picture pointing at the poor kid!
Bloody morons.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was on Ao Nang beach a few days ago. For a few hours over two days I saw very few dogs and certainly no "packs". Mind you, Ao Nang is very long and more dogs might have been in other areas.

While here, I was pleasantly surprised on the general state of the beach and the sea as well as on Ko Lanta

1 minute ago, ChrisKC said:

I was on Ao Nang beach a few days ago. For a few hours over two days I saw very few dogs and certainly no "packs". Mind you, Ao Nang is very long and more dogs might have been in other areas.

While here, I was pleasantly surprised on the general state of the beach and the sea as well as on Ko Lanta

Oh i see, so it didn't happen at all....the boy just made it all up.

What business do you have in ao nang?

12 minutes ago, fruitman said:

If i had seen dogs doing that to my son i would have killed them straight away with bare hands and thrown them inside the policestation before leaving to the airport to never come back. 

Last week there was a guy who killed a lion with bare hands, read that in the newspaper.

If you read the dogs kept on attacking/confronting the father as he carried his son. Yes, in a position like that, it is extremely easy to kill. 

3 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Oh i see, so it didn't happen at all....the boy just made it all up.

What business do you have in ao nang?

Don't be silly! I wasn't on business; I was having a little holiday. I am commenting showing some balance to the discussion that is veering towards Thailand being no good.

Packs of rabid dogs are no good for sure and I am very sympathetic to the boy's suffering. People and dogs are the problem, not the beach!

20 minutes ago, fruitman said:

It was an undernourished juvenile Mountain lion in also  known as a cougar or puma and it almost got the best of the young man.

5 hours ago, sambum said:

"No Thai dog could have done this! They were dogs that had sneaked across the border from Burma"?

I work in Burma and the dogs here, just as plentiful as in Thailand, totally ignore everyone including foreigners. I did have a couple of yapping, snappers come out of a shop front a few days ago as I strolled by and was a bit surprised until I noticed the business was selling stuff imported from Thailand.

Archived