Finnish boy, 5, savaged on Ao Nang beach by pack of wild dogs - rabies feared

webfact

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, RobertH said:

It isn't always strays, although it was this time. Owners leave their dogs unleashed to wander around sois and neighborhoods. Then they form packs and bad things happen. Too many people are just too stupid. The district chief is probably right in that these strays were dogs dumped by their owners.

If an owner is dumb enough to let their dog run around with the soi dogs, then it is free reign. Whatever happens to their dogs, is entirely on them. Take those dangerous mutts out!

23 hours ago, OmarZaid said:

kill 'em all

almost got killed myself (by the neighbors) when I proposed that option..... had 6-7 dogs laying around our place 2 x they jump and bark to my daughter, 1 x they jump to a little boy, he got so scared he didn't got out of the house for 1 week, they bite a couple walking by....we foreigners complained, they said no big deal, would give them pills to remove their aggressive behavior, they did but 2 months later it all started again and this time they bite 2 adults and 1 kid.... again complain and again same answer (no big deal), I open my mouth to remind them of the past experiences and the only solution was to kill them, give them some poison food and the problem would be solved.....almost got lynched there and then as heartless foreigner

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

almost got killed myself (by the neighbors) when I proposed that option..... had 6-7 dogs laying around our place 2 x they jump and bark to my daughter, 1 x they jump to a little boy, he got so scared he didn't got out of the house for 1 week, they bite a couple walking by....we foreigners complained, they said no big deal, would give them pills to remove their aggressive behavior, they did but 2 months later it all started again and this time they bite 2 adults and 1 kid.... again complain and again same answer (no big deal), I open my mouth to remind them of the past experiences and the only solution was to kill them, give them some poison food and the problem would be solved.....almost got lynched there and then as heartless foreigner

From one heartless SOB to another --- Here here ! I say round 'em up and sell 'em to the Chinese or Cambodians as a delicacy --- there's some money in that

7 hours ago, roo860 said:

I was wrong about the chicken essence and flowers, it's fruit juice, Pringles and a plastic mask, just in case he ventures on the beach again, and the dogs have another go!!!!1550729015_1-org.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good to see the boy is awake and will probably escape from this severe injurry with only a few scars. 

But the rest of the picture is about Thai mentality and just looks stupid, not a good memory for the kid.

2 minutes ago, balo said:

Good to see the boy is awake and will probably escape from this severe injurry with only a few scars. 

But the rest of the picture is about Thai mentality and just looks stupid, not a good memory for the kid.

agree with comment about the Thai mentality show.... what does a basket of pringles/chips, juices does for a 5 year old kid that has been bitten by dogs, what's wrong with these people, what are they trying to accomplish by posing to a photo depicting a kid laying in an hospital bed... can't get it

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

agree with comment about the Thai mentality show.... what does a basket of pringles/chips, juices does for a 5 year old kid that has been bitten by dogs, what's wrong with these people, what are they trying to accomplish by posing to a photo depicting a kid laying in an hospital bed... can't get it

We did the same for the two kids that ended up in hospital with multiple injuries after they drove their motorbike into Mrs NL's motor at 11 PM. I didn't 'get it', Mrs NL didn't 'get it' and neither did the two dumb kids or their even dumber parents. The only bit I found funny during the whole sad episode was the kids father going off like a bottle-rocket at the insurance desk in the hospital when he was told no, you can't buy personal injury insurance for your dumb progeny after the fact.

But it is Thailand you see and regardless of how futile and ridiculous it is, one goes through the motions anyway. Otherwise you come off looking like some sort of twunt.

On 2/22/2019 at 4:10 AM, Lacessit said:

Sterilised dogs usually are more placid, less aggressive.

Vets here refuse to sterilise females before they have had their first litter of pups, thereby exacerbating the problem. Some cockeyed Buddhist belief, apparently.

Some cockeyed Buddhist belief, apparently.

Please check your facts before posting such cockeyed assumptions. It would be better for your intelligence.

Archived