BANGKOK
webfact

Finnish boy, 5, savaged on Ao Nang beach by pack of wild dogs - rabies feared

Not going to happen 12 mouths ago in Bkk the government said they were rounding up all the stray Soi dogs and a  relocation to the country or be put down. 

And 1 yr on its situation normal 

Like everything here its all  talk when the shit hits the fan they try for 1 week no results it's to hard so  time to have lunch. 

I hope the little guy is OK  not a nice way to spend your holiday or remember thailand is it? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Sounds like shooting is next up for the solution.

Right on ..instead of finding new homes for rabied dogs....

8 hours ago, briansbiology said:

Kill the stray dogs. sTop avoiding the crisis that is growing populations of feral dogs. My son was attacked by a dog in our soi. I killed it myself as nobody would deal with it. all the bleeding heaqrts must face the facst that there is not a 'forever home' for every dog and that in this environment they become quite savage. its sad. I am a dog lover but like people some dogs are past helping and the emotional do-gooders who fantasize that there is a loving solution are simply an obstacle to removing a very real danger. 

I have killed more than i could count over the years

After they snap at me once, i come back with their last meal or drive over them in the dark

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Sounds like shooting is next up for the solution.

It is the only solution.

Comes with a 100% guarantee that the dog will never do it again.

How many news articles need to be read before something effective is finally done ?

• Like 1

Bullshit. Trying to blame rabies for the attack on that poor kid. Let's see if something is going to change 

All stray dogs should be killed as the are a very serious danger for everybody, on beach, biking, hiking....

Cant understand that nothing!!!!!!! is really done against these stray dogs.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief of the local administration has said he has tried everything.

GLOCK-LEAD-G17-Gen4-FDE-Right-661x496.jpg

this is a ongoing problem all over Thailand 

I myself have been bitten twice  when I was on my bicycle  when up in the village up North 

had to go to the local hospital and get some shots 

• Like 1

The villagers in my GF's village occasionally have a problem dog - one that bites, or one that eats chickens. Poisoning or shooting the dog in question apparently doesn't take long to happen.

Firstly my thoughts and wishes for a good recovery go to the young boy and family.

Secondly, I am a dog lover and have always had dogs when I lived in the UK. But over here the situation no demands drastic action. I mean cull, put to sleep or whatever. Thai people have no respect for their own animals so why should we?? In my village we have four or five dogs that are left to roam free and bark whenever they like and chase some people on motorbikes. Somebody opposite has been locked up in prison and lived up in the hills. Now we have gained 2 more puppies to join the others. And yes, they have learnt to howl.

In my opinion, all dogs should live in the home, especially at night and if not take them away and any wild dogs and destroy. This has got to be stopped nationwide now!!    

Nothing will be done to fix the problem having  the wild dogs on the beach.

Dogs should not be on the beach, I see farangs on early morning taking their dogs to the beach for a dump and they don't pick after the dog.  this is a sad problem here in Thailand,,,

I got attacked by 4 soi dogs when I lived in Thailand I spend 1 week in hospital had to pay

all the medical fees and nobody claimed the dog was theirs shoot them all 

• Like 2

Just kill all stray dogs. No one will miss them. 

• Like 1