Thai baht surges against weakening US dollar

webfact

35,000 long stay expats divided by the approx Thailand population of 65,000,000 equals 0.054%.   Yes sir these expats representing 0.054% of the people in Thailand is going to have a HUGE (NOT!!!) impact on the "overall economy" of Thailand.   But let's say that 0.054% has 10 times the spending power of a typical Thai (which is not really the case), so let's move a decimal point one place to the right to represent a 10 fold spending power which would make those 35K expats look like 0.54% of the population economy-wise. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/21/2019 at 12:26 PM, RotMahKid said:

Thai Bath is not only soaring against the US dollar, but against almost all other valuta's in the world and it's going on and on. What do they want in future? Thai bath equal to the US dollar? That would be nice for the rich and generals in Thailand right? 555

You need to go back to Economics 1a. Thailand is exporting goods valued at more than imports.

This stability in economy makes the value of the baht rise.

The US is in political turmoil. This causes US dollar to become unstable.

Regardless of the Junta, Thailand is in a boom phase.

It sort of trickles down to the poor after a while and they are a bit more happy now.

The poor landholder has never had a decent return on the labour they use to try to make a living.

Not Juntas or so called democracy. They have always lost no matter the politics at the time.

But they are the majority of the population and no one has ever given them the chance to show their potential power.

Your rant about the generals shows scant regard to the population of Thailand and why THEY have made Thailand an economic success. 

On 2/21/2019 at 7:18 PM, MadMuhammad said:

Still cheap to live here, great weather, fun fantastic lifestyle, always someone to talk to or have a drink with, smiling faces everywhere, great food, exciting night life, the hub of Asia, amazing people from all over the world to meet and converse with, relaxed living. Yep, nothing compelling whatsoever 

1 it aint cheap with this exchange rate

2 plenty of countries has warm weather, and besides, thailand is a bit too hot.

3 of course misers want to talk with me and have me pay their drink, thanks but no thanks.

4 food is good but so is other foods, and besides, i diet.

5 i dont go out any longer

6 hub of con artists

7 amazing you say ? do you refer to prostitutes or punters ?

or both ? either way i rest my case

Archived