Terminal 21: Handicapped woman's disability trike removed to make way for Ford Mustang

webfact

That is the Problem with T 21 in Pattaya

I don't go there because the parking situation is horrible. There is no VIP / Supercar parking and you are forced to spend 15-20 minutes going around in circles in a big traffic jam to find a spot. Both times I went there in a car, I had to park in an area that was not really a parking spot, as there was just no space. They were not on overly busy days either.

Central Festival has got it perfect, well organised parking garage, and half a floor for VIP / Supercars with good security and service. The staff will even help you get your shopping to your car and help load it in. Always well dressed and polite. Central is a Class Act.

It's too late to do anything about the actual parking layout, but T 21 management should at least, send a few people over to Central to observe, and learn how to run parking properly.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, NoBrainer said:

I don't go there because the parking situation is horrible. There is no VIP / Supercar parking and you are forced to spend 15-20 minutes going around in circles in a big traffic jam to find a spot. Both times I went there in a car, I had to park in an area that was not really a parking spot, as there was just no space. They were not on overly busy days either.

Think yourself lucky sat in the AC. Guy sent me on my bike into the bike area, where there was no space whatsoever and people trying to get out got jammed up by people trying to get in. Best to park in Tesco and take a walk.

The two 'importants' are quite clearly videod and their flash car is bound to be recognised by many - including family, friends and acquaintances.

I'm sure that somewhere along the line they will become aware that they have done something despicable.

I hope it comes back to kick them in the face sometime in the future!

Maybe the flogs in the mustang can be fined for parking in a handicapped spot regardless the moronic security guards let him do it, he should show more compassion maybe one day he will crash his pretty mustang and really need that car space,and you will notice the van on the left of the mustang is parked in a clearly marked walk way 

The lady should have rung the cops to say her bike had been stolen as it was not in the disabled car spot. If they arrive they find the bike but will be somewhat miffed at missing out on nap and question the parking dude. And the mustang driver. Seeing a mustang suddenly tea money would be asked for and T-21 lose face at having a cop which would attract a crowd. Security guard gets lecture from the police about moving bike into dangerous area. Mustang owner pays a 1000 baht or gets ticketed for parking in a disabled place or the cop wants to drive Mustang he impounds it and drives the long way back to nick via the Mia Nois place .

Apology for disabled woman over mall parking incident

By Theerawat Thongma, 
Dethawee Theewarangkool 
The Nation

251780f38d9f5e6d5626325327fc7a0c-sld.jpeg

A security guard and a mall executive have apologised to a wheelchair-bound woman whose motorcycle and sidecar were removed from a mall parking space for the physically disabled, to make way for a sports car and its able-bodied driver.

A video clip of the incident, posted by a Facebook user named "Bam Poungkhak", showed Kamonwan Karatphetch's motorcycle being left in middle of the road while a Ford Mustang parked in the space designated for physically disabled persons. Many Thai social media users shared the story to friends and slammed Terminal 21 Pattaya shopping mall and the owner of the Ford Mustang. 

The shopping mall on Wednesday issued a letter to explain the case to customers, the media and others concerned. The mall owned up to "the mistake which stemmed from its security guard's action without consideration of consequence". 

The mall offered an apology to both sides - Kamonwan and the Ford Mustang owner – and said it had coordinated with the guard's supervisor to consider an appropriate punishment for the guard as per company policy. 

It also vowed to improve services and prevent a re-occurrence.

Many social media members said that even if the guard signalled the Ford Mustang to park in the space after pulling the disable person's motorcycle out of the way, the driver should have declined.

The unnamed female owner of the Mustang later on Wednesday presented a fruit basket and apologised to Kamonwan at the Phra Mahathai Vocational School Pattaya, where she was studying and serving as the wheelchair athlete.

The mall representative and the security guard, Jirayut Apaipat, 32, also came along to apologise. 

While Jirayut admitted he did wrong and said he felt bad about the incident and the car owner admitted being careless, Kamonwan said she didn't realise that her post of the incident would spread so far and she just wanted the case to end now.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30364506

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-02-21

I have read the story like everybody else and am against the Mustang parking in the disabled spot.

Just one question as it wasn't reported, did the motorcycle with sidecar have a disabled permit on it, clearly visible, if not the security guard would have been within his right to remove it, as for the security guard giving the spot to the Mustang owner, he clearly thought he was disabled ????

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have read the story like everybody else and am against the Mustang parking in the disabled spot.

Just one question as it wasn't reported, did the motorcycle with sidecar have a disabled permit on it, clearly visible, if not the security guard would have been within his right to remove it, as for the security guard giving the spot to the Mustang owner, he clearly thought he was disabled ????

When she arrived she asked the security guards whether it was OK to park there. She was told it was.

6 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Question - What sort of able bodied person would even consider parking in a disabled parking space?

Answer - A totally selfish piece of scum who deserves to be disabled themselves. 

This is a terrible thing to wish upon someone, truly nasty!!

I agree they're selfish morons but i'm surprised so many people that have been here a long time are surprised by this.

18 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Hello, look at the photo of the trike, anybody with half a brain can see it is fitted out for a wheelchair.

The other point, it states clearly in the OP, the lady asked the guard was it ok to park there, so the guard was in no doubt she was disabled.

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Hello, look at the photo of the trike, anybody with half a brain can see it is fitted out for a wheelchair.

The other point, it states clearly in the OP, the lady asked the guard was it ok to park there, so the guard was in no doubt she was disabled.

That's the point above. Those prats have no brain, no compassion.

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

I wonder just how much training 'if any' the car park security staff have received, if any (and not only at this venue).

It seems to me that if a person gets insistent then most security guards will, out of fear of job loss, take the action they did here, and please the pushy customer.

Another possibility of course is that the car owner coughed up 100Baht with an instruction to move the bike.

And just wondering if the venue management have instructed security, and other staff, to make sure folks in expensive cars etc., are well taken care of. 

Oh I am sure there was an exchange of funds involved,and an assumption that a disabled person is “less worthy” of a parking spot, I hope no damage to her transport 

13 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Correct, but where are we again ?

4 hours ago, shady86 said:

That's the mentality here. Someone with a multi million car that will spend tens of thousands is more important than a disabled riding a junk coming to enjoy free aircond.

Assumption that a person with a disability sticker is not wealthy and only wanted free aircon. How presumptive of you

33 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Car owner admitted being careless.... What an absolute load of s+++e.

Car owner is just an arrogant, i am better than you piece of excrement.

I thought for a moment you meant your excrement is better than the car owner themselves - which case I'd agree wholeheartedly.

30 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

She got permission from the security gaurd before parking in the spot. As per in the article.

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

When she arrived she asked the security guards whether it was OK to park there. She was told it was.

So she failed to see the disabled markings and she thought the security guard was a doctor.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

mentally, I'd assume?

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Shameful across the board. Firstly the security for not only moving a genuinely disabled persons vehicle from a handicapped parking bay, and then to the miserable sods in the mustang, who used a disabled space to park. While I am pleased to hear that the security staff got bawled out for their poor behaviour, chances are high the guy with the mustang will continue to just park wherever he pleases. Some people are just scum, thinking that a few quid makes them above the socially acceptable norm.

The security personnel were probably hoping for a nice tip for providing a convenient parking spot to the rich duo. The latter are just part of the entitled because we're elite crowd who think they're the center of the universe and totally entitled.

Many of the stores and malls in are area now position security personnel at the disabled parking to stop morons who aren't disabled, but lazy entitled bar-stewards, from parking there. T21 should take lessons from them!

Archived