Leaking tubeless tire

mikejphuket

Looks like "defective" tyres, did you get them over here? if so the dealer should take them back if He is reputable.

My riding mate "Texas Bob"  had a similar problem with some expensive 700 x 25 tubeless "blowing off the rim" unexpectedly, could have been a real tragedy, the dealer (Pop of Cycling Popular Pong village Pattaya) took them back

and replaced without any quibble.  

Edit. 

Incidentally, you may not know that one of the best and most decent  young mechanics has a shop over the other side of  lake Mabrachan on the darkside, his name is 'Pop" 

Here is his FB page , well worth a visit, I would highly recommend him for his ability and integrity;

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Bicycle-Shop/Cycling-Popular-by-SDL-WONGA-601037320003250/

11 hours ago, n210mp said:

Looks like "defective" tyres, did you get them over here? if so the dealer should take them back if He is reputable.

My riding mate "Texas Bob"  had a similar problem with some expensive 700 x 25 tubeless "blowing off the rim" unexpectedly, could have been a real tragedy, the dealer (Pop of Cycling Popular Pong village Pattaya) took them back

and replaced without any quibble.  

Edit. 

Incidentally, you may not know that one of the best and most decent  young mechanics has a shop over the other side of  lake Mabrachan on the darkside, his name is 'Pop" 

Here is his FB page , well worth a visit, I would highly recommend him for his ability and integrity;

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Bicycle-Shop/Cycling-Popular-by-SDL-WONGA-601037320003250/

A friend bought for me in Singapore. First reply from Specialized in the states is asking for a receipt to start warranty claim process. We'll see what happens.

9 hours ago, bobfish said:

I had the problem with a Maxxis + Stan's, but it self sealed eventually. Seems to be a common theme with Stan's and light walled tyres [like the S-works]. Maybe a change of sealant might work.

Thanks for that, good idea as I need to be topping up the sealant anyway. Have had the tire on the bike since July but only have done about 15 rides on it. The leaking started recently.

Stupid related question, does anyone manufacture solid soft tyres for bikes?  Seems an obvious solution to the problem of punctures and leaks,  but I have never heard of them excerpt on small kiddies bikes?   My bike is a cross over mountain bike and I would certainly be interested. 

Plenty around if you do a google search. I've never tried, but the reviews indicate probably best left to a leisure shopping/pub beater bike.

Might be an option for your cross over bike if you stay within the flight envelope!

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the original topic: Some suggestions elsewhere consider that putting in more sealant will fix the 'leaking' sidewall issue. Apparently some manufacturers use less butyl [or use latex] on the liner than desirable so there is greater permeability. 

Archived