Marriage and income letter?

Bohlaan

Hi all,Im looking to marry my gf in the near future and see that you have to provide income letter from your homecountry.

Will the amphur office accept a monthly transfer to a thai bank account for lets say 6 month or 1 year instead of the income letter from your home country?

All answers/knowledge is greatly apprechiated, Thanks.

31 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I'm not aware of needing an income letter to marry a Thai National, nor was I asked to provide one when I married. 

Indeed to marry a Thai national no prove of income is required by the authorities.

You dont need an income letter but the embassy templates for "free to marry" documents/affidavits usually contain an income statement. I think its was a requirement at some stage, now its part of the freedom to marry document.

Australian document below, UK doc has the same statement.

https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/files/bkok/Consular_Marriage Stat Dec form.pdf

46 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

You dont need an income letter but the embassy templates for "free to marry" documents/affidavits usually contain an income statement. I think its was a requirement at some stage, now its part of the freedom to marry document.

Australian document below, UK doc has the same statement.

https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/files/bkok/Consular_Marriage Stat Dec form.pdf

According to my own experience, this is correct!

After you get married you’ll have to obtain your initial marriage visa if you are planning on living in Thailand or staying temporarily.  Depending on what Embassy you apply for your marriage visa at you normally don’t have to show any proof of income for the initial marriage visa application.  When you apply for your first one year extension at Immigration then you will have to show proof of income such as at least 40K Baht being transferred into your Thai bank account in your name only once a month for every month throughout the year or at least 400K Baht in a Thai bank account.  Sounds like you’re going with the monthly income option which is better.  

If you’re already here in Thailand I recommend the Thai Embassy in Savannakhét, Laos I hear they’re really good about providing visas.  You and your wife will be over the border for only two business days that it takes to process your marriage visa.  Just bring two passport pictures, your passport, your marriage certificate, and your wife should go with you and have her Thai ID card.  I believe that’s all you still need but here’s their website:

http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/

Obviously before you can do any of this you have to be married to her first.  

On 2/21/2019 at 6:23 AM, Bohlaan said:

Im looking to marry my gf in the near future and see that you have to provide income letter from your homecountry.

To my knowledge proof of income is needed when you apply for a Non-immigrant visa based on marriage, and later wish to extend your stay annually, where you every year have to show proof of income.

Archived