BANGKOK 23 March 2019 12:06
sgoodes

Pattaya Air Pollution

Gday All,

I'm due back in Pattaya on Saturday after having to leg it 10 days early last time due a severe chest infection from all the dust and crap in the air.

Can anyone tell me if it's improved at all. I might have to make other plans if it's still crap as I dont want to end up back in hospital again.

Cheers

Steve

You could look up AQI readings on the Internet?

I’ve been there’s many times and never had a big issue, but then I was close to the sea. I’m told Phuket is low on that score.

Still shed loads of buses chugging out black smoke but down here in the suburbs of Jomtien all is well and good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fine here in central Patts :thumbsup:

My AQI reader shows no more than 35 PM2.5 most days so the air been very good , I think you can relax,

the last few days- the sky has been very clear, looking accross to koh larn and north to the port..and south to sattahip..

except for the diesel fumes from tourist buses, i have never realy noticed a smell in the air in pattaya.

as a non smoker, coming from a 'clean air' country... i would be the first to notice, if the air was dirty...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

i have never realy noticed a smell in the air in pattaya.

Never noticed a smell !!! what about the stinky drains ?   you mention diesel/petrol fumes they smell and can be particularly  bad at the weekend, a couple of weeks ago the air pollution was very bad although it is much improved this week.P_20190219_120142.jpeg.9dcc71e8e5b51fd716cb59fc2a303411.jpeg

Edited by johng

It Pattaya it depends very much on the direction of the wind. If South Westerly no problem at all. However if the wind comes from the North we get all the pollution from the slash & burn agriculture in the North and North East, from Bangkok and from Laem Chabang industrial area blown straight in.

Never had any issue in Bkk or Pattaya, if people are so weak they should live in the swiss mountains.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, myshem said:

Never had any issue in Bkk or Pattaya

Obviously you don't get it , inhaling particles from the air will not make you sick today or tomorrow,  it will kill you just like smoking cigarettes will kill you slowly. If you're a smoker maybe you don't care much.

Can get a bit stuffy in the go-go bars due to the usual disgusting smokers .

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 12:52 PM, myshem said:

Never had any issue in Bkk or Pattaya, if people are so weak they should live in the swiss mountains.

Really. Some of us get affected worse than others. No need to be a smartarse.

• Like 1