Shall i get a new passport in the UK

On 2/21/2019 at 9:01 AM, Briggsy said:

That advice is not really pertinent for the OP.

You may not be familiar with the O-A process for the London Embassy. The document collation, certification and application process are not straightforward and would take even the most efficient applicant over a week.

Slightly incorrect:

There are 3 ways to apply for an urgent passport.
  1. Paper Premium. You usually get your new passport 4 hours after your appointment. You can use this service to: ...
  2. Online Premium. You get your new passport at your appointment, same day . ...
  3. 1 week Fast Track. Your new passport is delivered to your home within 1 week of your appointment.
  4. It costs £177 (or £187 for a 50 page passport).

Regardless ! would not bother, all your entries generally are on the Thai Immigration computers.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, topt said:

It is actually cheaper to get it here - £128.51 for the larger (more pages) version.

However you do need to make 2 trips to Trendy in Bangkok but if you use the bus and BTS that will set  you back less than 500 baht plus lunch.....

I did this last month and took less than 2 weeks for the new passport to get back to Bangkok.

If I had been going to the UK in time however I would also have had it done there. Did not realise the same day pickup was such a premium.

Actually if you have aabout 3 weeks in UK then it costs £75.50 to renew or replace your passport if you apply online or £85 if you fill out a paper form.

I paid about 12k for a new pp here via an agent.

But I’m lazy to go to bkk twice.

Big pp is 48pages FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Count the pages its not 48. My big passport from 2016 has 47 pages of which only 42 are stampable. The other pages are photo, details etc etc