Cassava Korat

KRAY63

6 hours ago, BigT73 said:

Out buriram way farmers are turning their rice fields to cassava as well.  They sure know how to drive the price down on farming produce.

I do not know ,a very high percent of cassava gets made in to ethanole acohole bound for gasahole and all our veilcals ,with the baht being so strong ,impoted crud oil ect could get expencive the more gasahole less impoted oil .and a lot goes for exspor China is a big buyer ,one buyer nera here.last year  sent 4000 ton of dryed cassva down to Ayutthaya and on to boats bound for China,in our area we have two factorys ,one makes cassva flour ,the other a syrup that gose to the food industry ,so wiith so many outlets ,i can not the bottom droping out of the market  

Where I am cassava is about 2-2.50/kg ,not a bad price this year .

The problem with growing cassva on rice fields ,un less the field has been worked properly ,it will be liable to flloding ,rice fields are deigned to keep water in ,cassava is a dry land crop dose not like being in water ,resulting in lower yeilds or in wore case sernareio ,almost total loss,cassva being a root crop ,needing a lot of nutrents ,which it will probale not get 

Archived