Moving from Pattaya to Bangkok

There is none - best to start a new account at a branch in Bangkok to avoid out of area charges.  Current bank will prefer you leave some money in account as they hate to close as looks bad on books - so easy path is take out most and leave.  At some point you may want it again anyhow.  Always better to have too many accounts than none.

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There is none - best to start a new account at a branch in Bangkok to avoid out of area charges.  Current bank will prefer you leave some money in account as they hate to close as looks bad on books - so easy path is take out most and leave.  At some point you may want it again anyhow.  Always better to have too many accounts than none.

how much are out of area charges? 10 -20 baht? I opened a bangkok bank in pattaya but live in BKK. If I use a bangkok bank atm my charges show as zero

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Do you have a link to the Bangkok Bank out of area charges? 

I don't recall being charged anything to use my BK account in Pattaya or Hua Hin but i only use ATMs to withdraw cash, everything else is done online 

I have never been subject to such charges as live in Bangkok and accounts are in Bangkok but know they have been a subject of discussion many times here but do not know if specific to Pattaya.  A lot of fees were recently removed for money transfer but do not know if also for other areas.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I have never been subject to such charges as live in Bangkok and accounts are in Bangkok but know they have been a subject of discussion many times here but do not know if specific to Pattaya.  A lot of fees were recently removed for money transfer but do not know if also for other areas.

Thanks, BK do seem to be 1 of the better banks when it comes to free services, my mate says he gets free overseas withdrawals on his account, I've never tried as all my income comes from SG/UK so i use/exchange that outside of T

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Do you have a link to the Bangkok Bank out of area charges? 

I don't recall being charged anything to use my BK account in Pattaya or Hua Hin but i only use ATMs to withdraw cash, everything else is done online 

Oh, you were probably charged Bt20 for each of those out of banking region/provinces ATM withdrawals, especially if not using a Bangkok Bank ATM.  While the Thailand ATM Pool allows four free withdrawals per month that is usually only within the same banking region/province.

12 hours ago, Pib said:

Oh, you were probably charged Bt20 for each of those out of banking region/provinces ATM withdrawals, especially if not using a Bangkok Bank ATM.  While the Thailand ATM Pool allows four free withdrawals per month that is usually only within the same banking region/province.

Don't recall ever seeing any Bank charges on my Bangkok Bank account for using an ATM, but I do tend to look for/use their ATMs so maybe (like Citibank) they don't charge if you use their own.

Will try to remember to check next time I use it outside of Bangkok & if GBP keeps plummeting will try it on my next visit back

Edit: I've just checked the Mobile Banking app & you're 100% correct, I was charged 20 Baht for using another banks ATM in Hua Hin.

Archived