Phuket: British expat re-invents the way sewing machines work

webfact

Phuket expat re-invents the way sewing machines work

By The Thaiger

IMG_5885.jpg

British inventor creates a new sewing system that eliminates the bobbin

When you list the worlds top inventions the sewing machine is rarely included, it’s lucky if it makes it into the top 50!

But there are very few moments in our daily life when we are not close to something that’s been produced using a sewing machine.

Now a recent patent, developed by a Phuket expat, is set to bring the sewing machine back into the forefront. Templeton Hancock, a British sewing machine mechanic and former sewing machine demonstrator living in Rawai, has created a new Everlasting Bobbin Sewing (EBS) System that eliminates the need for constantly changing thread bobbins.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/business/phuket-expat-re-invents-the-way-sewing-machines-work

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-02-21

6 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

My wife is an accomplished seamstress.  I have a lot of respect for sewing machines and those who can use them.  The mechanisms are incredible and will work for years. 

I remember as a young child, watching my mother on her Singer electric machine, as she stitched that needle right through her thumbnail - twice!

Archived