Non O based on retirement extension my experience and time period questions

I arrived at bkk on 4th February on SETV and went immediately to CW to convert to Non-O based on retirement with 800k seasoned for required period (I now realise it would have been easier to get non-O multi entry in London). 

Female IO in C1 area was a nasty piece of work and wouldn't answer my questions. Just snapped "sign here! , get another copy! , phone number!" etc. She was not helpful at all despite me being presentable and polite.

She was looking for any reason to kick me out. Bank book showed aggregated totals with no separate entry for the foreign remittance of the 800k. She wasn't happy. The statements did show it which she finally accepted. I also had a copy of the foreign transaction advice. I own my own condo so had to show land register, blue book and transfer advice. 

I was told that IOs would call me to arrange visit to my condo. 2 very nice female IOs came 2 days later and looked at same items they already had copies of and took pictures of me holding my passport, bank book opened on final page and with one of the agents. Then pictures of me, my gf and one of the officers in front of the door with my apartment number. My gf had to supply her id and verify too. 

Was then told to come back to CW on 18th Feb for visa stamp. Got stamp with permitted stay until 4th May. Did reentry permit too. 

I'll be in and out of Thailand several times before 4th May. They told me to come back and get extension for the full year. How early can I go back  for extension as it wasn't clear from IO? When I go back, will they process the 1 year stay on same day? Assume they'll want another bank letter, statements and copies etc.? 

Any advice much appreciated as I'm keen to avoid wasted or multiple trips to CW. Thanks. 

Edited by soi3eddie
Typos

You can apply for the extension during the last 45 days of the 90 day entry or when the money has been in the bank for 2 months.

You will need a new letter from your bank and copies if your updated bank book on the date you apply. No need for proof the money came from abroad.

The extension will be completed on the same day your apply.

CW like to see activity in your bank book day of application. Some people, for this reason prefer to obtain bank letter and make small deposit at CW itself. The banks there are very familiar with what you need. Cost about 200baht. 

One tip is to get your que ticket first, then go to bank. When you go for extension have all your required paperwork all filled in, pic attached etc. Walk straight past people waiting for forms and go to clerks giving out ticket. They will glance at your TM7 form. Then enjoy rest of day at cw zoo.

Edited by DrJack54
Error