THAT 400,000 baht sitting in a bank

How much more I need to retire if I would be drawing 75K/month from my SS at current exchange rate? Want to keep my finances planned

How much money you need depends on your lifestyle and also where in Thailand you live and whether you have to pay rent (some people live for free in homes owned by spouse etc). 

Most people can live comfortably on 60 - 65K/month, some people live on much less, especially if no rent and in a rural area ( which case 40K/month usually fine). 

BUT it is essential you have health insurance. Depending on your age a good policy will cost you anywhere from 7,500 - 12,000 baht a month (and if you start at the lower end it will over time get up to the higher end).  These are policies covering outpatient only, you will have to pay yourself for outpatient care and outpatient medications. You can somewhat reduce premiums by accepting a deductible but then of course you need that deductible amount set aside and replenish as used.

If due to pre-existing conditions you cannot get health insurance then you need to have set aside at least 1 million baht (3-4 million if you want the option of using private hospitals) and be able to replenish it as used.

3 hours ago, onera1961 said:

So expats meetings are now inviting agents to talk on what subject? To clarify the requirements? Should not they invite a senior IO for that? Or they are inviting agents to discuss if it is possible to get extension without money? 

Yes, although the last one I went to it was to clarify the situation wrt no Embassy letters and income verification and was pre-announcement of the March 1st changes.

Never seen a senior IO there for many years, I think one visited once but no questions happened. Ext. without money, I guess you mean paying for an agent's service. His sentiment was, most of us there did not need his services, all having been around a long time and able to satisfy requirements. Saw himself as a facilitator and there for those who cannot cope and in some need of help.