Portable water pressure gun, not too powerful to clean aircon ?

myshem

hello,

I do not want to call anyone to clean aircon anymore, as last time I had to call Daikin to fix 10000 thb electronics that the idiots cleaners destroyed.

Do you know what kind of water gun they are using, is it a standard Karcher type ? I fear that they are too powerful, so I would like to buy a high pressure gun with less pressure than the usual used to wash cars.

Any idea for what I should look ?

Thank you.

I recently was watching as a mechanic was cleaning some of the parts inside the engine compartment. The tool was very simple and would probably do an excellent job of cleaning an AC unit while using minimal water or detergent  though it does require a compressor.

it consists of an air gun with a long nozzle that is put through the wall of a small pipe, one end of the pipe is put into a fluid reservoir and when the air gun is operated water/detergent is drawn up and mixes with the air and is shot at the dirty object cleaning it effectively using only a small amount of fluid.

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

I know @JAS21 cleans his own A/C, hopefully he'll be along with details of his kit.

I have a VIP Blue ... adjustable pressure ... I use the standard gun but it is difficult to access the top (unit too close to the ceiling) ... I use  a bit of plastic to diver the water direction... taking care not to clean my fingers!

As realised it is vitally important to protect the 'electrics' ... I tape a plastic bag over and then a cloth on top. I disconnect and remove the stepper motor also ... 

As a point of interest I use masking tape to tape down the edges of the removeable filters ensure all the air goes through them ...

I like the idea in post #5 of using air+water ... If only I had a friend who has a compressor @CROSSY   ????

Thank you, so the solution is a karcher with adjustable pressure. Sad mine cannot.

But how could we build #5 solution ? A small compressor is cheap it seems ?

I also found this, do you think that it will be powerful enough ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/60w-portable-high-pressure-car-electric-washer-wash-water-pump-set-dc12v-i257974941-s397671707.html

and how to use it at home ? any cheap 200v/12v converter ?

Thanks.

7 hours ago, myshem said:

I also found this, do you think that it will be powerful enough ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/60w-portable-high-pressure-car-electric-washer-wash-water-pump-set-dc12v-i257974941-s397671707.html

and how to use it at home ? any cheap 200v/12v converter ?

That might do the trick at low cost, the reservoir (about 1.5 litres) is really too small to clean the car but if it has enough pressure (it's not likely to have too much) it could be ideal for cleaning A/C. Run it off a 12V battery or a 5A 12V power supply.

10 hours ago, myshem said:

But how could we build #5 solution ? A small compressor is cheap it seems ?

Requirements;

compressor,

air gun/air duster with long nozzle 

flexable pipe slightly larger than long nozzle and roughly 5 times longer 

small container for water/detergent 

method put long long nozzle through the wall of the pipe so there's about 5 to 10cm beyond the end of the pipe. 

Put the other end of the pipe in water/detergent 

press the trigger 

point the air liquid stream at the item to be cleaned.

one hand for the air gun the other for the liquid bottle. 

IMG_6842.thumb.PNG.f6ef47c44c96456bb15e5eb5945c32ce.PNG

We have one of these that came in a goodies kit with the compressor. It's supposed to be used for spraying oil or degreasing agent (or something like that). Never used it.

Just tried it with water, quite effective, not sure how well it would work on the aircon.

20190223_135544.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, myshem said:

So it seems that any water pressure under 100 bars should be ok to clean aircon ?

Are you sure that this is what the aircon guys use ?

Thanks.

100 Bar ?? I think just 10-15 bar, fine spray, would be enough with a pre soak of coil cleaner...

10 hours ago, myshem said:

So it seems that any water pressure under 100 bars should be ok to clean aircon ?

Are you sure that this is what the aircon guys use ?

Thanks.

This is what our AC cleaner used on Monday 

IMG_6938.thumb.JPG.48d405bbf5048dc7679c0d39ddf35bdc.JPG

together with the blower in the background to dry them off

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

This is what our AC cleaner used on Monday 

IMG_6938.thumb.JPG.48d405bbf5048dc7679c0d39ddf35bdc.JPG

together with the blower in the background to dry them off

Very standard it seems ? Pressure not adjustable ? so it should be 80 bars at least ?

I found this also

thank you.

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It's a 90bar unit

I am also almost sure that all aircon guys use usual powerful high pressure washer, si what is the reason for some people to tell that they would be too powerful ?

thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

I suggest you use a nozzle with a larger aperture than supplied to reduce the pressure. Failing this before you start, get a airconditioner fin comb as you will spend a signification amount of time straightening all the fins you bent. The Engine cleaning gun (crossy’s red one) May also bend the fins and reducing the pressure it probably won’t pick up the soap/water.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 3/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, myshem said:

I am also almost sure that all aircon guys use usual powerful high pressure washer, si what is the reason for some people to tell that they would be too powerful ?

thanks again.

Good luck with using high pressure ...  test it first on a small area ...keep the nozzle well away from the fins and as someone suggested buy a fin combe ...in fact maybe buy two as over use csn wear them out ..

May I suggest anyone with questions about Zinsano water pressure washers consult with a technician who speaks English. Or you could speak with the Karcher high pressure washer importer representative or Bosch or Hitachi pressure washers in Buriram for the next four days. The same reps will also be at the Architect Expo in Bangkok at Impact in late April and early May 2019. 

Zinsano Thailand Buriram High Pressure Water Sprayer Repair.jpg

Buriram Makita Chain Saw Thailand.jpg

Archived