Any good cream for pus out ?

Sergey Black

Try some Fucidin cream, that's an antibiotic cream available from pretty much all pharmacies.

If it doesn't work then ask the pharmacist. Maybe they will recommend a course of dicloxacillin but I'd try the cream first unless it's big and nasty in which case I'd go stright for the antibiotic capsules.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ukrules said:

Try some Fucidin cream, that's an antibiotic cream available from pretty much all pharmacies.

If it doesn't work then ask the pharmacist. Maybe they will recommend a course of dicloxacillin but I'd try the cream first unless it's big and nasty in which case I'd go stright for the antibiotic capsules.

yep, this one i use from the start + diclex, all almost gone

but one since I tried to squeeze it out was complicated

I check 4 different pharmacy, there is nothing, except for small circles of some kind of Chinese medicine, but it seems to help, today it’s already much better

for example, in Russia, we have a lot of ointments that pull pus out

I think there are a lot of them here, just other names and it’s not easy to find

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If what you are wanting to do is draw bus out of a small pimple or boil, a paste made of warm oatmeal applied and let to dry will help.

yeah, an ex sister in law that grew up in Glasgow said that oatmeal was an effective treatment for her acne when she was a teenager...seems like oatmeal is good fer what ails ye and not just fer haggis stuffin'...

17 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

yeah, an ex sister in law that grew up in Glasgow said that oatmeal was an effective treatment for her acne when she was a teenager...seems like oatmeal is good fer what ails ye and not just fer haggis stuffin'...

I don't have acne ;( these are different things

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

If what you are wanting to do is draw bus out of a small pimple or boil, a paste made of warm oatmeal applied and let to dry will help.

A bread poultice, juit like oor gran used tae make back at the clan cave.

bp.jpg.c39e7667528689f60fdd5e4bdd980757.jpg

The upside was if you got hungry later, you had somethin' tae eat as well.

I just want to add that boils are awful.  I had never had one before, but since I've been in Thailand I get two or three a year.  I don't know if it's the heat or excessive sweating or what.  I know it's just common staph bacteria that always present on the skin, but don't know how it's getting under my skin so often.

Anyway there is no cream that will draw-out pus.  Boils and cysts need to be lanced and drained manually if you don't want to wait for your immune system (often assisted by amoxicillin) to do the job.   Some clinics have a suction device that's similar to this home version, which I have and works reasonably well provided you can get a good seal around the area to be drained:

20160907141140_73813.jpg

I got it on eBay for around $10, I think.

On 2/22/2019 at 9:01 PM, attrayant said:

I just want to add that boils are awful.  I had never had one before, but since I've been in Thailand I get two or three a year.  I don't know if it's the heat or excessive sweating or what.  I know it's just common staph bacteria that always present on the skin, but don't know how it's getting under my skin so often.

Anyway there is no cream that will draw-out pus.  Boils and cysts need to be lanced and drained manually if you don't want to wait for your immune system (often assisted by amoxicillin) to do the job.   Some clinics have a suction device that's similar to this home version, which I have and works reasonably well provided you can get a good seal around the area to be drained:

20160907141140_73813.jpg

I got it on eBay for around $10, I think.

my opinion its about air conditions

and the change of heat and cold, you can feel more than you need to catch and catch the disease

with hygiene in general, everything is in order - often I wash well and obviously not the point

My immunity is weak, apparently very weak lately, I myself feel it, there have been many trips, flights, have not slept much, any coffee / cola, crap food and here it all came together

I went on the mend, now everything is gone, on my leg all the pus came out, helped by 3 baht mugs from the pharmacy, even pus was pulled out of a large furuncle, everything is okay

my recommendations, if boils appear - stupidly do not touch them) and everything will be okay) if you start press them - wait for troubles)

• 11 months later...

I have no opinion as to the causes.

But Ive never had boils until living in Thailand.

I had one removed by a Dr and holy hell it hurt !

Anyway , I mentioned it to an American friend who said it had also happened to him , and recommended an apparently common travellers 'fix all' called Phoebus Cream. ( google it ) 

Its worked like a miracle cream for me.

At the first sign of a rising lump , and Ive had two this last 2 months , I just rub a small dob on the area at least twice a day , always before sleeping.

Within 2 or 3 days , the lump is no longer swelling , within a week its just a lump , in 2 weeks its gone.

You just have to be consistent ...

Best of all its available in Pharmacies here  and cheap at 75 baht a small tube ( not upmarket ones either ) and my local chemist ( a town in Phuket) just grunted as if everybody knew its worth.

I know these skin lesions are either fungal or bacterial , as the tube says its 'anti' both .. and anti-inflammatory. Works for me , and works well. Wish I'd known about it before.