Visa Non-immigrant type B extension

Hello,

I will tell you shortly what is the problem. In early November 2018 I started work for the Private school in Korat. That time I was on the tourist visa. Usually agency should do everything what is necessary to get visa for their employee, but my agency didn't do anything and there was no contact with it. So private school started visa non imigrant type B process. I went to Laos for visa non B and I got it. I paid for eveything, however school was obligated to return money for visa (2, 000 THB). I came back with visa non-immigrant and the process to get full visa non B, work permit etc. was continued. School had over 3, 5 month to do it. But they swamped it all.  Today in school they told me, I can apply for the next term-time and they can make 12- month visa non-immigrant B and work for me in May, because of... some bureaucratic problem. And I should extend my visa in local Immigration Office till 17 th March when my current non B visa will be expired. They still didn't return me 2, 000 THB for the December non B visa.  Situation is weird very much, because they still have 24 days to make visa non B and work permit for me. Why they don't want to do it? What do you think about it?

And if I want to extend my current non-immigrant visa type B:

1) Can I really do it in the local  Immigration Office?

2) What documents are necessary?

3) How much they charge for this type of visa extension?

4) Must I have contract for apartment renting?

5) Can I extend my visa about the 1st of March?

I will be glad if you answer me, for me it is very important.

Thank you,

Daniel

There is no short term extension that you can apply for. 

You can apply for a 1 year extension, but only with the support and paperwork from your employer.

If they aren’t prepared to support a 1 year extension now you could go outside Thailand again and get another non ‘B’. That would give another 90 days for your employer to get the paperwork together for a 1 year extension. 

Edited by elviajero